1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The first time you ever played HL2RP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thimble, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Thimble

Thimble Member

United States
    What were you doing when you first played HL2RP? You were probably labelled a minge and were trying to use microphone chat, right?

For me, I joined a random server and hit F4, noticing that nothing came up. Prior to HL2RP, my experience of roleplay was pressing F4 and becoming whatever I want. I walked into the plaza of city 18 and said to a high command unit, using my awful grammar: "ur costume is cool how do i get it". So he pulled his stunstick out and started swinging at me so I started punching the frick out of him and then eventually he knocked me out and detained me. That was way back in 2013, the ancient days of HL2RP.

What about you? What sort of ridiculousness did you get up to?

2. EOS

EOS Zealot

United States
    Well I played other random CW servers that weren't HL2 themed like TLOU. Yeah mainly TLOU... It was really fun and one day before basketball practice I was browsing through serious rp servers like I usually did and I came across CombineControl. Once I joined something must have possessed me because I cannot escape this place. I tried to quit for a bit but I just always come back.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. RGB

RGB I am not a bot
    RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    Was this server.

I was confused.

I still am, really.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Nerdbird

Nerdbird Educated Avian

United States
    it was around last year sometime and i was really feeling the need to rp, the last rp i did was like warriors rp but you know how that goes

i dont know remember why i thought gmod would be a good place to find some serious rp, but i went through the server list and found clockwork first thing (of course) the half life 2 universe always kept me interested so i thought it'd be cool to be a citizen. but!!! i had a shit ton of errors!! and no one helped me!!! and then some freaky shit happened on another cw server where ppl were robbing my character in the alleyway on i17 and it got Weird so i went, haha bye!

i still had the interest to roleplay so i went through the server list again and found tnb with a decent amount of players on i17. somehow i rp'd with fuxx's chara

was anyone else intimidated by units when they first got on i always thought they were just gonna kick my character's ass because i read on the clockwork's tips that my chara could get subjected to random beatings

5. Thimble

Thimble Member

United States
    And now you run vortigaunts (basically). :toot: They grow up so fast.

6. RGB

RGB I am not a bot
    RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    What's a vrontlegoat?

Who are you?

Where's my granddaughter?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. popo

popo Zealot
    HL2 Admin

United States
    I was approached by a vibrant red ERROR, wielding another ERROR. It then phys-gunned me into the ground and calmly explained I shouldnt be yelling "FUCK THE COMBINE" in the plaza

• Funny Funny x 9
  8. Thimble

Thimble Member

United States
    Ah, yes. Those ERRORs are full of personality indeed.

9. Redford

Redford Senior Member

I ran into koopa's and DarkPaladin's MET (Or was it ESU at this point?) and another person, her nickname being Stoneheart. Koopa haunted me, DP beanbagged me while walking down the same sidewalk. Stoneheart actually helped me out with a few things and showed me some of the ropes. I haven't spoken to any of them since. I kinda miss them.

I didn't learn a fucking thing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Chocolate

Chocolate Legend

United States
    First I tried a bunch of CW servers and i didn't know what the fuck i was doing, I hadn't even played hl2.

then I came here and started off as a humble beanie salesman, left forever, and then came back and actually made a character

11. Koumakan

Koumakan Senior Member

United States
    Joined TnB with my friend Crossfire back in 06/07 I think Maybe 05. Me and him started a gang of sorts, joined up with Earl and the three of us beat the shit out of people in the sewers on the first version of c24, and forced them to drink cyanide or LSD bottles as well as propblock them into the sewers.

• Zing Zing x 1
    #11 Koumakan, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  12. Ruffian

Ruffian Senior Member

United States
    Joined in 2014(One of my first experiences, although I did play some SRP but ended up not liking it.), played, left, came back, played some more. Became a rebel, made my first pipe weapon, left, came back, sold drugs, join rebel, shotcop, get galil from S2K. Lose galil get SVU, lose SVU get 10 different types of SMG, get mugged by fellow rebels. Sell drugs.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Thimble

Thimble Member

United States
    S2K events are always a fun way of getting guns to do irresponsible things with.

14. TOMKEG1

TOMKEG1 terrible tastes in anime

United States
    I joined that Combine Control thing and proceeded to make a fool of myself in every way possible. The highlights were me making an emote about trying to learn how to speak vort, which earned me several seconds of shame in OOC chat, and deciding that my character carried a core from portal around.

then combine control closed down. later this server showed up under the combine control gamemode so i joined and made a fool out of myself for a good year till i became semi-competent.

i know what i'm doing now though, probably.

15. AlbinoGlowStick

AlbinoGlowStick CCA.C17-KOBRA.SqL.85900

United States
    Back in 2009 did the usual punchi ng cops in the plaza cause I thought this was a darkrp. Only reason I came back was because I saw on the forums that th is place had THREE SERVERS and I could journey to become a bad ass outlands rebel

16. Smiffy Bagels

Smiffy Bagels cisphobic

United States

i played a character named after myself who had a secret drug lab

17. Redford

Redford Senior Member

from drugs to secret chambers of sin. they grow up so fast

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. TheIrishSailor

TheIrishSailor Senior Member

United States
    It was back in 2009, I joined Kurozeal's Clockwork HL2RP server, picked a fight with a CP and got the shit beat out of me and amputated in roughly 30 mins.

I was hooked.

19. Helios

HL2 Admin Moderator RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    i think the first hl2rp server i joined was an openaura one and i got my characters finger severed during an interrogation, but then put back together using combine space tech

i never used my real name in rp either because i always thought it sounded stupid, it still does kinda

20. _Vintricus

_Vintricus Zealot

United States
    i dont remember my first time playing hl2rp but i know that i stayed away from tnb for a long time because everyone i knew that ever mentioned it said it was a terrible place.

they were right

21. Anri

Anri Dark Soul
    HL2 Admin Contributor

Germany
    i dont rly remember the first time i did hl2rp but it was probably on some backwater clockwork community with like 10 players tops
    i do remember that i tried actually rping though because my rp hobby started before gmod so i didnt make a gang or anything funny and i didnt make meme chars either :I

i also remember that i initially tried to do serious rp in darkrp. oh man.

• Zing Zing x 1
  22. RGB

RGB I am not a bot
    RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    Are you the only one who didn't shout "fuk combleene" and punch cops

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. muffinbowl

muffinbowl Senior Member

United States
    Joined in December of 2014, just shut down my own Darkrp server after a dispute with my dev and co-owner and was craving the old days when I played Dnd, found this after looking through the lists and saying fuck Darkrp. I've never lost hope for this server since.

24. Massah DoomGuy

United States
    Joined Shockcore, punchwhored a cop, got banned for a day with no sit. Came back, found a man with a gun for a pillow, watched his 'pillowfight' from a floor below, became addicted to serious RP

• Funny Funny x 2
  25. Mox

Mox
    RR Moderator

TnB, either 2011 or 2012

I tried making a bomb out of milk.

26. dougal

dougal low effort

United States
    me, davethehuman, bloo, and rob all played on the same darkrp server
    i don't know when bloo came here cause i just found out hes the same bloo from srh a few years ago but
    i think rob joined, then dave joined trp after rob, then told me about it, but trp was all errors for me so we joined c8 uprising/'ashes of the past' or whatever and here we are like 4-5 years later
    i think dave convinced me to join by saying something about the cool guns and armor :d

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. Clarkie Rubbs

Clarkie Rubbs cumhole

Hong Kong
    Well I started RP'ing years and years back on fucking Habbo Hotel, and then eventually on Halo on the 360. The progression to Gmod DARKRP was fairly natural, until one day my buddy discovered Quantum Gaming and was like "yo dude fucking join this shit is sick" and we did then the server died like a week later. It was pretty good, I played one of his school friends that had legitimate autism and used to trade tf2 items for a living. And it didnt take me long to figure out that CW was a fucking shitty script too, and we ragdoll glitched into the nexus and would steal guns left on the floor. Good times.

Then I found another server and was erp'd and given admin.

• Funny Funny x 3
  28. 『 The Minuteman 』

『 The Minuteman 』 Senior Member

United States
    Sucking off the Owner for ranks. Typical.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. Ulala

Ulala Sailor Soldier

United States
    My first experience on an HL2RP server revolved around me, being me, somehow landing a position as @Rowtree 's CA assistant or whatever.

The only memory I remember of that server is Rowtree's CA being a crazy cunt and putting me in an advisor pod so I was forcibly made to watch a blind girl get augments and become a combine assassin or something. i mean wth was that??? ghost in the shell shit man.

rowtree never bring back lance peterson as a character. he's a bigger bitch than breen.

30. Peps

Peps Senior Member

Australia
    man u go on quantum gaming once and make some shitty fucken anime character it all goes downhill from there. i remember so vividly being introduced by someone i met via darkRP when i was like !! twelve !

prior to all of this, of course, i was a big fan of roblox warrior cats roleplay that was the shit

• Agree Agree x 1
  31. Nerdbird

Nerdbird Educated Avian

United States
    [​IMG]

i used iscribble and roblox to rp

• Funny Funny x 2
  32. 『 The Minuteman 』

『 The Minuteman 』 Senior Member

United States
    TnB was literally my first HL2RP. I don't remember much of it though.

33. Fez

Fez fat head

United States
    i blame iscribble for turning my sister into an anime loving roleplaying weirdo she is today

and in turn made me a roleplaying anime loving weirdo

• Funny Funny x 1
  34. Newticus

Newticus New Blood
    Contributor

United States
    Out of curiosity, what TLOU servers did you play on before? I know a lot of people from that community.

35. Benji Dooble

Benji Dooble diamond in the rough
    Contributor

United States
    i roleplayed in halo reach and warcraft 3

36. Clarkie Rubbs

Clarkie Rubbs cumhole

Hong Kong
    same here dude, halo reach forge was really good for making rp maps

37. Snuggles

Snuggles придурка, патриот

United Kingdom
    i started out my rp on habbo too clarkie

i started properly roleplaying when i was 10 and did so for three years before i fell out of it with the aid of xbox and playstation

came back to it in 2015 with fuckin retro hotels like habplus and fresh but then in 2016 one of my lads from one of the retros bought me gmod

then someone i met on gmod introduced me to CC HL2RP

then i joined tnb

been downhill since then

• Funny Funny x 1
  38. Benji Dooble

Contributor

United States
    yeah its all good until we're all rping in a party and local chat is a pipe dream and two idiits are yelling at eachother while i jump around like the retard with no mic i was

39. blubaugh?

HL2 Admin

United States

tnb

a cyborg vampire cop sewed my characters labia shut and made her a slave

what the fuck why didnt i leave

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  40. Benji Dooble

Contributor

United States