The Coalition

Discussion in 'Playerbased Groups' started by McDankus, May 20, 2018.

1. McDankus

McDankus Senior Member

United Kingdom
    Group Theme:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    “Do remember, though, that sometimes the people you oppress become mightier than you would like”

[​IMG]

The Coalition is an independent resistance cell, operating under the employment of Zorro, the renown Warlord who has risen to power in the California region. Seeking to provide shelter and security for the surviving population of California, The Coalition seeks to provide services on behalf of their employer, and seek to unite independent groups in the region.

Comprising of ex-Tech Comm personnel who have grown disillusioned to their ideals and ways of life, the group seeks to establish themselves in the wastes of California, and fight the war against the machines without the jurisdiction of Tech-Comm.

With unification comes the potential to re-integrate essential parts of civilization that were lost. Whilst The Coalition firstly serves as a military organisation, they wish to help a community thrive under their safety and protection. Contacting groups such as humanitarian efforts, traders and other essential groups are key to achieving their overall goals.

[​IMG]

Assuming a military hierarchy above all else, the group adopts a way of life akin to the commandos; light infantry units moving swift and hard to sabotage and ambush the enemy in whatever way possible. However, even with their need for firepower, there are other areas that are required for functionality.

Their organization takes influence from the Royal Marines, courtesy of their founder being a former serviceman before Judgement Day. Due to knowing their structure first hand, it allows for the group to utilize the best of their resources.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Coalition is divided across seven sections, each with their own purposes that The Coalition requires off them. The four three primary sections are the ones above, and are listed as the following:

3 Commando (Coalition Command) - Acting as the overall command of The Coalitions forces, 3 Commando operates professionally and sets an example to the other platoons. 3 Commando will normally be deployed alongside other platoons during operations, depending on the situation.

30 Commando (Reconnaissance and Couriering) - Serving as on-field information gathering and relaying, 30 Commando is a light unit of scouts who are utilized to swiftly move across the battlefield. They also handle the responsibility of sending information between on-field units and command, along with other items and resources that need to be brought to the field.

40 Commando (Infantry and Expeditionary) - The fighting force of The Coalition, trained to act as commandos amidst the bleak future war. A strict and disciplined unit, 40 Commando carry out common military duties, along with humanitarian efforts such as aiding civilians. They are at the front of every conflict The Coalition are involved in.

50 Commando (Commando Training Center) - Formerly Security and Policing, the division was changed to accomodate fresh soldiers in the rank. They are now the division which new additions arrive in, and are put through strict training regimes to forge them into disciplined and effective commandos for The Coalition.

[​IMG]

After serving in Tech-Comm and identifying a number of flaws and faults, the founders of The Coalition have vowed to stamp out these issues to enable the force to operate professionally and expertly.

Command/Officer/NCO Rules:
    It is within the interest of command to act professionally and with dignity. An example is to be shown to the rest of the force.

There will be no breach or misuse of command. If anyone is found doing so, a tribunal will be established with severe consequences.

It is advised that anyone in command positions should not have intimate, romantic or sexual relations with anyone within The Coalition. Anyone found doing so will be severely punished if this causes issues in the field.

Any individual in command positions will not commit acts of war or aggression upon any group that are not listed as enemy combatants. Those seeking to commit war needlessly will be punished.

General Company Rules:

Relationships, both intimate and sexual, should be treated with caution. No enlisted should be engaging with any command staff, officers or NCOs. If it is found that a couples relationship is causing an issue in the field, both will be demoted or discharged depending on the severity of the situation.

Siblings may serve in the same platoon, however in the event of another being grievously wounded or killed, the other will be tested for psychological damage. If their relation, or subsequent psychological damage affects their operation in the field, they will be segregated or discharged entirely.

Infighting will not be tolerated. Anyone caught threatening or assaulting Coalition personnel will be swiftly punished or discharged depending on the severity.

Any acts of crime, including on the field such as unlawful murder, banditry and other indecencies will come in the form of severe punishments.

Anyone seeking to cause diplomatic strains with any group, even those we dislike, will be punished accordingly.

Treat your superiors with respect, but it is important that superiors show the same respect in exchange. It works both ways, and helps maintain a functional force.

Anyone found taking supplies from the quartermasters or stockpiles will be held accountable and punished accordingly.

It is imperative that weapons and gear are maintained, and handled with care. Those found mistreating their assigned gear will face confiscation.

Whilst on-duty, you will act in a professional manner. Those speaking out of line or tarnishing the name of The Coalition will be held accountable for.

It is within our interests that we ensure the independent population is treated with care and respect. We are expected to keep them safe, even when they prove tedious.

[​IMG]

With The Coalition existing to uphold the interests of the independent population, they also seek to uphold the interests in other independent groups. The aim, as mentioned before, is to bring more allies into the fold and bring a more secure network that can work together to fight, live and survive in this future war.

Below is a section of factions currently encountered by The Coalition, and their current standing with them:

SkyNet (Hated/At War):
    [​IMG]

After becoming self-aware and commencing the War against the Machine, The Coalition have known this war for as long as they can remember the bombs being dropped. Their main enemy is the Machines, and their aim is to help bring about their downfall for the sake of humanity.

Tech-Comm (Heavily Disliked):

[​IMG]

With a majority of individuals in The Coalition being formerly Tech-Comm operators, the group has been left a bitter taste in their mouths by the way this division of the Resistance operates. As of late, recent actions and events have pushed the two groups further apart. It is unknown how The Coalition will respond, but only time will tell.

Scavengers/Independents (Supportive/Friendly):

The prime population The Coalition seeks to serve and protect. The scavengers and Independents have fell on hard times since Judgement Day. The Coalition seeks to help shelter them, provide them with food, water and comfort. Whilst they are welcome to contribute to any of The Coalitions efforts, no one is forced to work if they do not wish to, believing all scavengers and independents should be given the freedom to choose their own path.

[​IMG]

The 44th Armored Task Unit (Neutral):

The 44th ATU have been something of enigma to The Coalition. Whilst their interactions have been limited, The Coalition seeks to remain on neutral grounds with them. Perhaps even in the future in-depth cooperation could be possible.

[​IMG]

22A - Lost Assets (Neutral):

A rogue collection of vested individuals who have broken their chains with SkyNet. Whilst on neutral terms, the current relations are fragile due to their wish to save vested individuals. However, The Coalition are looking into ways to aid them in their cause.

The Silk Road (Neutral):

A group of individuals banded together for fortune and other intentions. Whilst seen as a shady group, The Coalition have attempted to remain neutral. Due to recent tensions erupting in conflict, both parties decided to make peace to avoid bloodshed on either side.

Hopefully people like the idea of this group! Ideally it will bring another angle to TRP and provide Scavvs with more RP and more opportunities, and could help push more of the narrative in TRP. Feedback is welcome! I apologize for the empty roster since I'm waiting to leave it to IC to mainly recruit!

• Winner x 6
    • ...what? x 6
    • Friendly x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    #1 McDankus, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  2. Benji Dooble

Benji Dooble Diamond in the rough

United States
    so no scav or indepent populace relation then?

• Bad Reading Bad Reading x 2
  3. McDankus

McDankus Senior Member

United Kingdom
    Not exactly my guy. If you remember Zorro established the Metro and other outposts as safe zones for independents. As said before The Coalition are acting as his eyes and ears for those areas and helping to work with other playerbase groups.

4. Benji Dooble

Benji Dooble Diamond in the rough

United States
    but they arent one with them, they're still another agency, which makes a need for a faction relation. put them as friendly or ally at that extent

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mox

Mox I had strings but now I am free...
    Contributor

Aside from what Benji’s said (because its pretty important to have those interactions) I like the amount of effort here, but I fear after having read between the lines that your motif is simply just “Not Tech-Com”

Also “warlords” in TRP seems off for so many reasons. I feel you’re interpreting the post-apocalyptic nature of the setting to be akin to Mad Max or something.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. McDankus

McDankus Senior Member

United Kingdom
    I will agree that it was an oversight not to include the scavvs/independents as a faction relation. I figured that the group overview outlined it clearly what we intended to do in relation to the scavv population the server.

7. Malum Umbra

Malum Umbra Senior Member

Canada
    I'm all game for this. If giving time I'm sure this could become a second option for new players to look to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. McDankus

McDankus Senior Member

United Kingdom
    I mean there are other resistance organisations fighting the war, not just Tech-Comm. As said we're hoping to difference ourselves to Tech-Comm, it's why I checked with folks that this wasn't exactly cloning Tech-Comm before posting it. I apologize if this was conveyed still. I'm all for feedback to improve.

As for the Warlord, that's mainly based on Land of the Frees Warlord that he brought into the area after the whole TC mistreating scavvs.

9. Kieck

Kieck poland can into space

Poland
    Human-human fighting and power struggles are common even in the face of common adversity (albeit resistance cell fighting when faced with decimation of humankind is very unlikely).

He might have become a warlord before Skynet decided to push for an all-out war.

Other than that, it looks like TechComm except in a British Army style.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #9 Kieck, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
  10. McDankus

McDankus Senior Member

United Kingdom
    I'm sorry but I can't tell if that's meant to be a general comment or a critique friend. All I can reply to is that as stated in the relations the group has no intention of starting war with other groups (Given there are rules against it) just so people are aware this isn't a group aiming to start fighting everyone. They understand the machines are the main threat but dislike Tech-Comm due to IC issues.

In other news, I've added a faction relation for scavvs/indies. Hopefully this gives people a better idea of what we want. I forgot to mention if we grow larger I am willing to implement some non-combative roles for scavvs or indies to do for The Coalition. Like jobs, but this will come as we grow Icly.

11. blubaugh?

Paroxysm Admin

United States
    with who

e:

who is "we?"

• ...what? ...what? x 2
    • Zing Zing x 1
  12. McDankus

McDankus Senior Member

United Kingdom
    My mistake I wasn't sure what you were referring to by that! Since I'm trying to center things Icly there are a few others who are joining me but due to IC and to avoid metagaming I don't want to say. I hope that makes sense?

13. tommy shlug

tommy shlug jimmy flanagan 1985

United Kingdom
    you leave the pure metro series out of this or we're gonna have a problem

14. Anri

Anri cute when mad

Germany
    there are two ways to do that without looking dumb:
    one: make the thread, but don't add a roster and make it an info thread instead
    two: trust the community a little more; metagame isn't as common at tnb as it is elsewhere - and besides, what's the hurt in people knowing which characters are in this coalition? i'd imagine they'd be wearing some kind of identification regardless, whether it's armbands, badges or flashy ten-foot neon signs

having a roster and not filling it leads to two assumptions:
    one: you don't have any people to fill the roster with after all
    two: you haven't really thought about the purpose of a roster and decided to wedge it in despite not planning to fill it

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Kieck

Kieck poland can into space

Poland
    X-Hosters or however it was called soiled the reputation already.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. McDankus

McDankus Senior Member

United Kingdom
    Yeah I will admit I will probably remove the rosters for the time being. As said this is due to a few individuals intending to approach me ICly so I'd rather not jump the gun especially if some are intending to leave their respective organizations. My apologies I didn't convey that properly earlier on!

17. McDankus

McDankus Senior Member

United Kingdom
    Added a new section/division for workers who are interested in working in non-combative roles for The Coalition. Hope this is a more ideal answer to some of the feedback from you guys.

18. Mox

Contributor

Naturally I found the amount of effort you put into the OP was enough to warrant trying to look into your little group ICly, since I thought it might have an opportunity. There were a few things that caught my eye during our RP however that made me both squint and call for concern regarding the intentions of your group.

This is sort of where I started to scratch my chin a little, but it wasn't until later that I really started to get confused.

So when I saw this I was sort of in understanding of what direction you were coming from here. You want a group that tries to benefit those beyond TC's purview. That was all said and good right up until this LOOC snippet that really made me question whether your motives were purely IC or not.

This felt awfully OOC hater-bonery right here and while I'm not saying that is how you're approaching this I feel you've got some OOC intentions and motivations here that are going unspoken. I feel like you're justifying your OOC disdain with the faction by essentially strawmanning the easiest gut-punch you can get at TC in that they treat scavengers poorly, and then using that reason to create your group so that you can reflect your OOC disdain with TC.

I don't really know what to feel about this group now simply because I don't think the primary intentions were to create a faction and offer roleplay to scavengers. I think there was ulterior motives in creating this faction that just doesn't exactly sit well with me. All I'm getting from your IC vibes and your OOC vibes is the Coalition is, again, "Not Tech-Com" and that's the selling point.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. McDankus

McDankus Senior Member

United Kingdom
    I'll hold my hands up and say that OOC stuff from me wasn't acceptable. Keep in mind that my character has been mistreated within Tech-Comm, so you could say that there are some IC issues with his perception to Tech-Comm. However, there's a difference between having a dislike for Tech-Comm and wanting all out war with them, this is what people need to understand. Whist I shouldn't have made the comments, that was just due to the fact that they -yet again- killed one of their own in a Blue on Blue incident. But hey everyone throws shade oocly all the time so it's one of those things.

Keep in mind that the faction was made today and so it hasn't been given the chance to grow and fulfill it's proper purpose. We're currently on an event map I believe so once we move back, that's when more stuff will begin happening. I hope this answers any concerns.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. wester

wester Kiruclanz 2.0

Canada
    i enjoy the idea of an alternative to the main status quo organization in trp, however, as i'm sure has already been mentioned, do you have enough people interested to support all these ranks you've created? it's pretty to look at, and an interesting-ish concept, i'm just not sure enough people would be willing to abandon/create new characters and join your faction to sustain it. that's just me, though.

21. McDankus

McDankus Senior Member

United Kingdom
    There's quite alot of interest going at the moment. Quite a few of it is people waiting for an ideal IC moment to move over etc. I'm currently in the process of planning some events with Land to introduce The Coalition more and set a better precedence in the RP. Hope this answers your question!

22. McDankus

McDankus Senior Member

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

A message would soon follow on the Coalition frequency, transmitting across Coalition and protected civilian outposts. The message would read out the following:

"Attention all personnel of the Coalition and affiliates. The conflict between The Silk Road and The Coalition has ended in peace. No more will either side show hostility towards one another. Let us return to the peace and cooperation we once knew. The time is now to look to more pressing matters that concern humanity. The time has come to defend what we hold dear."

And with that message, the political landscape between both factions had been made clear. Now, the gaze of The Coalition turned towards more pressing matters, with The Aegis Initiative soon to come into effect. With past conflicts over, The Coalition could once again work to uniting surviving groups towards a greater goal and purpose.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. McDankus

McDankus Senior Member

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

Using the Hightower Station, The Coalition would be swift to bring out another message across multiple resistance and civilian frequencies. The message would read out the following:

"Attention all personnel of The Coalition and affiliates. Last night we experienced a breach in security which needs to be rectified immediately. An individual has been posing as both Tech-Comm and Coalition personnel in order to instigate a faction war. On the Tech-Comm side, the individual has been seen utilizing a Delta Uniform with a red face mask. On The Coalition side, the individual is wearing a standard Coalition uniform, with no name tag or armband. The individual is reported to be bald, with a facial scar running across the length of his face. The Coalition demands that this individual be brought back -ALIVE- to face judgement for their crimes. It is currently unknown if this individual is a rogue member of The Coalition, as all accounted soldiers have confirmed their positions. Regardless, this renegade must be captured and brought to heel.

In other news, The Coalition are openly seeking fresh recruits and workers to help drive our desire to establish civilization once again. Those with skills, both in labor and in military nature, are asked to inquire about aiding The Coalition. This is not mandatory, those who seek shelter within our walls will be granted it without fear of conscription. But those who wish to join our ranks and aid us are asked with seeking out command elements on the matter.

We live on, and continue to fight for the survival of humanity."

With the message clear, The Coalition hoped to get the news out about the potential renegade posing as both Tech-Comm and Coalition personnel, to avoid a full on conflict. Only time would tell if this would ease tensions, or have the opposite effect.

• ...what? ...what? x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. McDankus

McDankus Senior Member

United Kingdom
    Decided to do some updates following my LOA from the server! They are as followed:

- The group has been restructured. There are now 2 wings, General and Specialist. General Wings will be public due to being standard divisions. Specialist Wings will be kept on a need to know IC basis to prevent any metagaming. 50 Commando has also been changed to Training, as its original purpose can be served by all members and proved to limit RP.

- Leadership roles are being filled. Anyone who wants to prove themselves in these roles should show their interest.

- Updated the faction relations section for relevant groups and updated Tech-Comms relations.

The group is always recruiting and looking for more! Feel free to find us IC and such.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Fitz

Fitz Junior Member

United States
    // What happened to it? I ask because I got some Coalition armour without really knowing how it came to end. Just curious.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  26. Mox

Contributor

The tl;dr of it is that the main leader was PKed. It lived on for a little while and it exchanged hands until eventually it dissolved.

If you're looking for an IC explanation, I'd say that the group disbanded from the area.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  27. scumbo

scumbo good natured
    TRP Admin

it's kinda cool imo because the old coal uniforms are like paladin armor in fallout

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1