Terminator RP RDM

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilot21

Feb 23, 2020
OOC Name: π•±π–”π–”π–™π–‘π–Šπ–˜π–˜
SteamID:https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198199991461 i think this but im not sure
Character Name: Rex
What happened:(RDM) so i flip off rex inrp leave the area, and like rex would do sprints to me when im afk and does /it
Rex is seen charging to Miss Gasmask, yelling. **
Rex: [YELL] C'MERE. his friend does
/me "jumps onto rexs back!" so i take this as a interuption and i do a good ole
/me move out of the way as Mike slows him down, she pulls a uzi from her holster and aims it at Rex
"Dont take another fucking step" his friend (mike) gets off of Rexs back points at me tells me to put my gun down and i do /me shoots mike in the face, because not only did have the first draw, realistically why the fuck would you try and draw your own gun when one is already being pointed at you? just why?, so after discussing PK shit and realizing there's no admins on to say whose in the wrong and in the right, i simply holster my gun turn around and walk away and as i walk away i get shot in the back
Time it happened:7:20PM (around there) EST
Pictures/Proof: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/763194113017249823/763194570326278164/unknown.png and https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/762719723720015903/763196142401486898/unknown.png (if these dont work DM Pilot21 #8169 over discord)
Terminator rp

First emote
** Miss Gasmask move out of the way as Mike slows him down, she pulls a uzi from her holster and aims it at Rex
My emote
Pfc. Mike Erwin moves infront of Rex pulling his pistol at her.
Second emote
** Miss Gasmask shoots Mike in the face as she sees him draw

First emote
** Miss Gasmask move out of the way as Mike slows him down, she pulls a uzi from her holster and aims it at Rex
My emote
Pfc. Mike Erwin moves infront of Rex pulling his pistol at her.
Second emote
i can see the issue here but eh

Heres the logs
Miss Gasmask: take one more fucking step i dare you
Pfc. Mike Erwin: [YELL] NO PUT THE GUN DOWN!
Miss Gasmask: i aint wanting to fight
** Pfc. Mike Erwin moves infront of Rex pulling his pistol at her.
Pfc. Mike Erwin: DROP IT!
Rex: [LOCAL-OOC] you cant just take out a gun in 1 second
Pfc. Mike Erwin: [LOCAL-OOC] rping i got shot
Miss Gasmask: [LOCAL-OOC] Rex suck a big one you arrogant fuck
Miss Gasmask: [LOCAL-OOC] i can PK you right now as you didnt abide by what i was saying
Miss Gasmask: [LOCAL-OOC] now back the fuck up
Rex: [LOCAL-OOC] you are doing something called powergame unfortunately
Miss Gasmask: [LOCAL-OOC] go ahead call a admin
Rex: [LOCAL-OOC] you cannot pull out a gun, aim it and shoot it in 3 seconds
Pfc. Mike Erwin: [LOCAL-OOC] THERE IS NO ADMIN!
Miss Gasmask: [LOCAL-OOC] yeah you actually can\
Miss Gasmask: [LOCAL-OOC] then this situation is pointless
Pfc. Mike Erwin: [LOCAL-OOC] true

You literally pulled out a gun and aimed it at me and then went to kill Mike in one emote.
After I argue no in LOOC you proceeded to say 'this situation is pointless' and walk off, in which I then RDMed you

You literally pulled out a gun and aimed it at me and then went to kill Mike in one emote.
After I argue no in LOOC you proceeded to say 'this situation is pointless' and walk off, in which I then RDMed you
[/QUOTE]
"in which I then RDMed you" admitted it folks

"in which I then RDMed you" admitted it folks
[/QUOTE]
But you tried to pk me with one emote. That is call Powergaming from the /MAX/.
There was also only 4 people on too. Us three and sleeping verd0k

While it is negligent to pull a gun on someone who already pulled a gun, and these guys were acting goofy (including by RDMing you), trying to get a PK and being mean in LOOC and now trying to get the guy banned is totally antagonistic and unnecessary. We all have to share this server so please be nice to people and try not to escalate silly situations into loss of character situations

All of this looks pretty poorly handled by all parties.

First of all, powergaming an instant kill is absolutely not allowed. PKs are either issued by negligence, or an auth. Sometimes it feels right to do something in the heat of the moment, but it needs to be tasteful, and honestly, probably for a more believable reason. Pulling a gun in a tense situation isn't as simple as typing, given the many variables you'd encounter in a close-quarters environment. The snide remarks demanding a PK do not help your case either, it adds a level of OOC hostility behind your IC actions.

As for Footless, dishing out assault is likely going to end bad for you, if you have no good reason to do it. RDM isn't a mature thing to do either, regardless of what you assume about the player.

As for Erwin, if I had legitimately pulled a gun out, and you had legitimately tried to run in front of me and pull a pistol, I too would have shot you dead.

Usually I'd read through the full situation for an outcome, but to me it looks like you'd all have a much better time if you all just forgot about it. RP, even when involving death, shouldn't be completely miserable for all parties.

I apologise for RDMing you in the end
You had me frustrated especially when calling me an arrogant fuck
I just hope you realise that trying to PK someone in a singular emote to the face whilst one-handing an uzi isn't a good idea

I apologise for RDMing you in the end
You had me frustrated especially when calling me an arrogant fuck
I just hope you realise that trying to PK someone in a singular emote to the face whilst one-handing an uzi isn't a good idea
i dont understand the one handing the uzi part.

Pulling a weapon and killing someone in a single emote like that is powergamey and distasteful, whether you use an uzi, plasma rifle or a toothpick.

That's the bottom line. If you're still confused about the concept of powergaming, feel free to shoot me a PM tomorrow and I'll walk you through it.

Locking this up, I don't think there's anything else to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread