Terminator Roleplay - Friday 2/2/2018

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Bennet Dyson, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bennet Dyson

Non-Roleplay Department Administrator

Ireland

It's back boys. It's been years since we've revisited it and there's been a lot of work and effort put in to get us to this stage. Most of the people that have been around TnB over the years know this to be Dave and mine's baby, we're both terminator nut heads and bringing this onto the roleplay realm of garrysmod has been some of the most fun I've ever had and I personally can't wait to take another crack at it. There's a new map. There's new models. There's a new version of the script that we're happy to get onto a live setting in order to continue progress on. (Massive thanks to both TankNut and Hoplite for getting us to this stage, as well as Dave putting in the work in redoing all the models etc.)

The new TRP is an arcade style casual roleplay in which Tech-Com will be the primary protagonist faction leading the fight against Skynet, the antagonist AI which has brought the world to its ruin. Most faction information will become available AFTER the opening server event, so hang tight for that.

The server is going live on Friday and if you want to be around for the full launch you'll have to keep yourselves available from 8PM GMT (3PM EST.) onward. We'll be using that time as a launch marker but we acknowledge that there's simply some things we might have missed and will need to fix very quickly so it is how it is. Instant updates will be on the forums

I'll also be opening the Q&A thread back up.

• Winner x 35
    • Agree x 2
    • Zing x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. Davebrown

Davebrown my role as server owner is to ruin your roleplay
    Senior Executive Administrator

United Kingdom
    If you want to pre-load the Terminator RP content, go to my workshop and download the Collection found here -

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1269531250

Most players will already be subscribed to the ballistics weapons packs used by HL2RP, and the TRP content itself is relatively small in comparison.
    Includes the map RP_TNB_FUTUREWAR which will be our default at least for the start of the war. I will probably add more in time.

• Winner Winner x 4
  3. Anony

Anony morally bankrupt degenerate

FPS boosting tip:

[​IMG]

Go to \GarrysMod\garrysmod\cfg - open (or create) autoexec.cfg (save as "autoexec.cfg" in notepad with all files type, not .txt) then fill it with the following:

exec server.cfg

[​IMG]

Then make a server.cfg (same as above) and fill it with the following:

r_maxmodeldecal "0
    r_drawmodeldecals "0"
    r_PhysPropStaticLighting "0"
    gmod_mcore_test "1"
    cl_threaded_client_leaf_system "1"
    r_3dsky "0"
    r_queued_decals "1"
    r_queued_post_processing "1"
    r_queued_ropes "1"
    r_threaded_client_shadow_manager "1"
    r_threaded_particles "1"
    r_threaded_renderables "1"
    r_fastzreject "-1"
    cl_threaded_bone_setup "1"
    cl_threaded_client_leaf_system "1"
    snd_mix_async "1"
    snd_async_fullyasync "1"
    in_usekeyboardsampletime "0"
    cl_threaded_bone_setup "1"
    mat_queue_mode "-1"

[​IMG]

This enables experimental multicore support for GMod because natively it doesn't make use of all your cores. I get an extra 20+ FPS with this.

• Useful Useful x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    #3 Anony, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.