1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tekka - Backstory, Lore and Canon Discussion

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Davebrown, Dec 19, 2016.

1. blooregardo

blooregardo padre gringo
    HL2 Admin

United States
    don't care make it happen

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Seph491

Seph491 New Blood

United States
    May I suggest Belltower Associates?

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
  3. Mother

Mother Commander of the GAR

United States
    From what I understand, Tekka's going to have a very SRP-ish approach to playerbased groups, so I'd expect to see a fair few merc/PMC groups popping up. Whether or not they last is another thing entirely. Either way, I'd rather not see a bunch of rips from various games (Belltower being from Deus Ex).

bloo go back on loa we don't want your ilk here

4. Krax

Krax krax is a fucking snake

United Kingdom
    Excitement levels are rising.

I wrote a whole Google doc about lore a couple years back - I'll see if I can find it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Mox

Mox Legend

Well now that the Tekka forum is alive, this should proooobably be moved to it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Mother

United States
    truly a victory for the tekkacyberpunkRP subcommunity at the illustrious taco and banana role play community.

Seriously, if development wasn't as slow as it is, having a dedicated subforum would do wonders for organization. Better than having a single superthread for everything, in any case.

7. ClearlyInvsible

ClearlyInvsible Senior Member

United States
    ...Is anyone gonna start threads in that forum? Or are we gonna wait for Dave to ask more questions?

8. aura

aura brotherman randy

is there gonna be a 3rd scl team for tekka? i mean scl is subcommunity leader...

bennet shall reign all if something called RDA returns....

e: OH NO RDA RETURNED

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    #248 aura, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
  9. Mother

United States
    right now its just the news and announcements. so unless a dev/someone with that sort of forum access decides to give a rat's ass, i wouldn't get any hopes up.

tekkarp marks the return of the RDAs

i nominate moomao and hellfang.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Captain!

Captain! a sentient cinnamon roll
    HL2 Admin Contributor

Germany
    give me a cyberpunk bar so i can see who wants to compete for having the craziest (back)story
    thanks

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Snuggles

Snuggles VA-11 Hall-A Employer

United Kingdom
    us*

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Rookzilla

Rookzilla Zealot

United Kingdom
    In terms of TEKKA, I can't remember who started the thread, but there was a great old post about a war in a fictional country called The Middle Sea Republic. I'd like to see forum news about that sort of thing underway. What's funny is the person who wrote that did all that stuff before modern media showed us the siege of Aleppo and Mosul. I think it was a very good way of saying "This is the middle east thing going on right now" without being too specific, kinda like Val Verde in 80's action movies.

I think Dave's wisest choice would be to open up the current TEKKA thread for more posts, so that the community can generate hyper about it. All of the old stuff that used to be in TEKKA that's been carried forward could be tweaked and reworked, so a fresh start in terms of forum content is a good thing. I saw on his map he's included VICINUS as the primary weapons manufacturer, which is a throwback to the original development of the project.

I know that I for one have a lot of stuff that was unwritten for the Tekka backstory, and there was a lot of backstory that was useful that was left behind; things like the dustbowl event and the aquifers running dry. Those were really good plot events that were simple and not faction orientated, allowing for seamless transition into RP.

13. Abu Hajjar

Abu Hajjar Zealot

Posting here because I don't know where else to complain

I remember Dave saying something about the cheap pistol being based off the 1911, can't be fucked to find it because posting from phone, but as a man who hecking loves the ole 1911, it really triggered me that my favorite gun would be shit statwise. I looked around and got this picture of guns seized from Chiraq to show you all and hopefully Dave will bump the 1911 based pistol up to mid-tier pistol and not the basic bitch gun.

[​IMG]
    a Glock or Hi-Point would be the best choice to represent the starter pistol, as they are fairly recognizable and look like something a street thug would use. (Tbh, I rarely see 1911s as common criminal weapons in popular culture, more so as ones cartel kingpins would plate in gold and wave around infront of hookers)

ps. Dave may have not actually said that and it might have been in a dream (I know, im a loser, but I've got basically nothing to look forward to besides tekka at this point. Life is sad.)

14. Waptnt

STALKER Admin

Canada
    Its also the "distant" future where if youve looked at the things he's put up they dwarf the old 1911 in being more useful than others.

15. Abu Hajjar

Abu Hajjar Zealot

My concern is my personal and probable favorite being pushed back to "Tokarev" status. I want it to be a pistol capable of doing damage and not being a spitball shooter outside of s2rp, something I imagine there will be very little of in tekka.

Also, quick question regarding gun balance, are things like the AKX going to be better in every way then the base version or are the originals going to have some reason to use them beyond "it's cheap"

16. Bennet Dyson

Non-Roleplay Department Administrator

Ireland
    im gonna make sure it does fuck all damage

17. _Vintricus

_Vintricus Zealot

United States
    -10 damage per hit

let's overwatch this bitch