Votes: 9 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 42 82.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowninjaYT

Apr 13, 2018
I'd like to see the tanks being used more, something like the 91st, but not with aircraft obviously, possibly another company, the tanks in rp can be used well, I've drove and shot with most of them anyways and they are easy to get the hang of and can be used in needed situations, they could have people designated as repairs, gunners, machine gunners (If they have the 3rd seat for the machine gun) and drivers, names suggestions can vary and instead of having Flt. etc in front of their names, possibly having TK or something like that, it's just a suggestion, don't expect it to go through.

(Yes this includes the hl2 or whatever apc, blah blah blah, my eyes hurt from reading to much now, ty guys >:( )

Last edited:

Greene

space cowboy
Jul 4, 2011
I'd say no. In a world of machine death bots that can run hella fast? A tank serves no tactical advantage other than being a present full of humans to Skynet.

Chad

TRP Admin
Aug 12, 2012
we only ever really use tanks for events and even then its mostly for 'cinematic effect' and only given to ppl that know what they're doing ie; abaddon

i doubt the admins would implement a squad based around tanks cause it's kind of funky on server and prone to killing lots of people with simple misclicks which is pretty disruptive to the flow of things

also like greene pointed out from an ic standpoint it's a lot of resources for something thats very likely to be blown the fuck up. 91st works due to how quickly they can move tc around, tanks are the opposite and quick guerilla like tactics are a much more effective method vs skynet than a front on assault.

ShadowninjaYT

Apr 13, 2018
with the speed thing, i get that, but half the time driving them, i've maxed the speed on a leopard practically going 50mph, having them with inf support like A SMART TEAM would, kinda makes sense, and i get the resources be 2 much and shit, but its sad only seeing them in events and not letting a chance for rp to go around them, it's just /it they were in different company of tc which is pretty disappointing in rp

ShadowninjaYT

Apr 13, 2018
also, i aint saying we have them around like every five seconds, in dire situations as a armoured transport or in a mass scale attack were support on the ground would be needed were air cant get to for rp reasons.

Snaparoni

TRP Admin
Dec 15, 2014
I don’t see this really being worth much. The 91st work because they don’t just fly and gun, they work really well for flow of events and moving people. In terms of the usual firefight and s2k, they are just way too slow to keep it going. (Also, as seen yesterday, a single rocket blew up the event one).

Plus how often are we going to be using tanks to justify an actual squad? If it isn’t used regularly, just save it for cooler moments so it has better impacts.

Levinx

Zealot
Aug 4, 2011
ye but u can physgun a tank around
bungo tried to minge me with a sherman so i physd his tank around

ShadowninjaYT

Apr 13, 2018
Either way with vehicles, skynet is more advanced, just because we dont have them using aa a lot dosent mean the helicopters and jets are superior, im guessing even a hk against even one would be better, im suggesting that tanks are just to help tc advance when they are stuck and then move away.

Levinx

Zealot
Aug 4, 2011
could just ask in !a to get urself the big Gbomb rocket launcher
easy enuff realy

Chad

TRP Admin
Aug 12, 2012
wac takes damage now, has for awhile

91st is already a skeleton crew and only really sees more than a handful of people on during events. hell most people view the 91st as their 'event' character as is so i 100% have no confidence in an even MORE niche and arguably less useful squad having the numbers to be relevant.

ShadowninjaYT

Apr 13, 2018
anyways, i put the thingy of yes no for a reason so I dont need to read anymore, k thanks, no more posts, or i mr big red man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)