Tanker division suggestion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShadowninjaYT, Apr 16, 2019.

?

Is this a good suggestion

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  2. No

37 vote(s)
    84.1%
  1. ShadowninjaYT

ShadowninjaYT Senior Member

United Kingdom
    I'd like to see the tanks being used more, something like the 91st, but not with aircraft obviously, possibly another company, the tanks in rp can be used well, I've drove and shot with most of them anyways and they are easy to get the hang of and can be used in needed situations, they could have people designated as repairs, gunners, machine gunners (If they have the 3rd seat for the machine gun) and drivers, names suggestions can vary and instead of having Flt. etc in front of their names, possibly having TK or something like that, it's just a suggestion, don't expect it to go through.

(Yes this includes the hl2 or whatever apc, blah blah blah, my eyes hurt from reading to much now, ty guys >:( )

#1 ShadowninjaYT, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  2. wester

wester Kiruclanz 2.0

Canada
    [​IMG]
    I Love this Idea

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Gram

Gram space cowboy

United States
    I'd say no. In a world of machine death bots that can run hella fast? A tank serves no tactical advantage other than being a present full of humans to Skynet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Chad

Chad Zealot

United States
    we only ever really use tanks for events and even then its mostly for 'cinematic effect' and only given to ppl that know what they're doing ie; abaddon

i doubt the admins would implement a squad based around tanks cause it's kind of funky on server and prone to killing lots of people with simple misclicks which is pretty disruptive to the flow of things

also like greene pointed out from an ic standpoint it's a lot of resources for something thats very likely to be blown the fuck up. 91st works due to how quickly they can move tc around, tanks are the opposite and quick guerilla like tactics are a much more effective method vs skynet than a front on assault.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. ShadowninjaYT

United Kingdom
    with the speed thing, i get that, but half the time driving them, i've maxed the speed on a leopard practically going 50mph, having them with inf support like A SMART TEAM would, kinda makes sense, and i get the resources be 2 much and shit, but its sad only seeing them in events and not letting a chance for rp to go around them, it's just /it they were in different company of tc which is pretty disappointing in rp

6. ShadowninjaYT

United Kingdom
    also, i aint saying we have them around like every five seconds, in dire situations as a armoured transport or in a mass scale attack were support on the ground would be needed were air cant get to for rp reasons.

7. Snaparoni

Snaparoni Senior Member

United States
    I don’t see this really being worth much. The 91st work because they don’t just fly and gun, they work really well for flow of events and moving people. In terms of the usual firefight and s2k, they are just way too slow to keep it going. (Also, as seen yesterday, a single rocket blew up the event one).

Plus how often are we going to be using tanks to justify an actual squad? If it isn’t used regularly, just save it for cooler moments so it has better impacts.

8. ShadowninjaYT

United Kingdom
    Lee Racois: [LOCAL-OOC] I feel like we need atleast some sort of vehicle made for anti-bot/armor even if it aint a tank

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Levinx

Levinx Zealot

Canada
    no damage to helicopter

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. ShadowninjaYT

United Kingdom
    yes.makes unrealistic at times when some people get shot with 50 million rounds and are like, im fine nibba

11. Levinx

Levinx Zealot

Canada
    ye but u can physgun a tank around
    bungo tried to minge me with a sherman so i physd his tank around

• Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1
  12. Gram

Gram space cowboy

United States
    The anti bot is the huge amount of plasma tc has, lol

also helicopters destroy skynet

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. ShadowninjaYT

United Kingdom
    Either way with vehicles, skynet is more advanced, just because we dont have them using aa a lot dosent mean the helicopters and jets are superior, im guessing even a hk against even one would be better, im suggesting that tanks are just to help tc advance when they are stuck and then move away.

14. Levinx

Levinx Zealot

Canada
    could just ask in !a to get urself the big Gbomb rocket launcher
    easy enuff realy

15. Chad

Chad Zealot

United States
    wac takes damage now, has for awhile

91st is already a skeleton crew and only really sees more than a handful of people on during events. hell most people view the 91st as their 'event' character as is so i 100% have no confidence in an even MORE niche and arguably less useful squad having the numbers to be relevant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ShadowninjaYT

United Kingdom
    anyways, i put the thingy of yes no for a reason so I dont need to read anymore, k thanks, no more posts, or i mr big red man

17. Levinx

Levinx Zealot

Canada
    really huh
    changed my vote from yes to a no

18. Chad

Chad Zealot

United States
    [​IMG]

watch ur back levinx he did warn you...

19. Levinx

Levinx Zealot

Canada
    gulp...
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Chad

Chad Zealot

United States
    he IS kind of sexy

21. ShadowninjaYT

United Kingdom
  22. ShadowninjaYT

United Kingdom
    ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  23. posepsi

posepsi actually el pepso

United States
    only if the admins approve my techcom navy pbg

24. Snaparoni

Snaparoni Senior Member

United States
    Bravo shares moonbase with Vice

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. wester

wester Kiruclanz 2.0

Canada
    we have mechs what more do you people want

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Desrat456

Desrat456 Member

United States
    The tanks are good for big events, but the disadvantages of a tank, IE, vulnerable to infantry without support, become REALLY apparent when said infantry can rip open the top of the tank and pull the poor fuckers inside out. In a setting like TRP, they're better as anti-tank weapons than as general support. IE, taking on harvesters, T-100s, T-200s, but the cases where you'd need a tank for these kind of fights usually only happen in the biggest of the big events.

27. Davebrown

Davebrown my role as server owner is to ruin your roleplay
    Senior Executive Administrator

United Kingdom
    Before this goes any further we'd need them fixed.

Pls fix.

• Agree Agree x 4
  28. Rabid

Rabid Legend

Tanks would frankly probably get absolutely slaughtered in any scenario other than battles against fortified SkyNET bases (and even then a HK would wreck them) or against bigger drones in open scenarios.

Infantry support for protection doesn't mean much when the basic soldier of the enemy you are fighting can blitz right past your defence screen before you can stop them, rip the top of the tank open bare-handed and butcher everyone inside. It really wouldn't work in the sorts of maps we're usually on.

This is especially true because you'd be basically crawling through ruined city streets so as to not get stuck or dislodge a track.

• Agree Agree x 2
  29. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    no tank squad please, just let charlie operate them lol

30. Malum Umbra

TRP Admin

Canada
    Tanks are a tool of organized war not really suited for the on the run battle the setting [is supposed haha] to depict, best I could see TC using a Tank for is to bust open a SkyNET outpost door, or as a ambush starter on a larger drone and then in movie fashion a aerial HK would blow it to hell or a drone would get inside. They could also be ramshackle defense emplacements, like line a disabled tank down a tunnel and use it to collapse it on drones.

Though in game play terms they are fun, powerful, and if the driver doesn't die before the car their fairly durable as the encounters Drones have had usually goes as Rabid described; the tank gets one or two drones before they close the distance or pelt it with their own ordnance. Though they drive more like 4 wheeled monster trucks with a cannon on them then tanks, since you can't spin on your treads and they have issues with uneven terrain, which I find funny for a tank vehicle to have issues with.

• Agree Agree x 2
  31. Rabid

Rabid Legend

Back in the Mexico campaign (or shortly before it) when we were on the map with the airfield in the desert, TC deployed an APC against a pair of 800's.

It ended up being unable to really do much against them because it was confined to the streets, got jumped on and torn into like tissue paper. The only reason the guy wasn't killed IC was because we were playing a little easier than we should have been and backed off.

Now imagine a Tank in that scenario.

32. Mox

Mox RIPPED SEXED BITCHED AS FUCKED
    Contributor

This, yea.

Even if we did have tanks regularly they'd probably go to Charlie and not be allocated as their own squad.

Think the only thing that ever came close to having its own squad anyways was medical but I don't think that's seen much push nor enthusiasm lately so don't count on that either.

33. Desrat456

Desrat456 Member

United States
    Every time we've gone against tanks as drones, even without my RPG on my T-720, or T-800, the tanks are nothing more than oversized distractions. Humanoid drones are too small to target effectively, and the big drones can just rip them apart unless its an ambush. What I wouldn't mind seeing is ramshackle tanks that're used more as counters to the big 'vehicle' drones. Something that TC isn't going to shed tears over when it gets popped. But of course, it all boils down to, tanks should be reserved for events.

34. A Blaze of Glory

A Blaze of Glory Senior Member

United States
    Vehicles in general would be neat if all the damage done to them didn't go right to the driver

• Agree Agree x 1
  35. Mox

Mox RIPPED SEXED BITCHED AS FUCKED
    Contributor

genuinely wouldn't mind the mechs we have being actually used instead of us constantly making up excuses as to why they're unavailable on a frequent basis

i get they're flag based so they're difficult to manage and they're also rather silly but i much prefer the @jules approach to trp and just messing around with sci-fi concepts that might sound cool. mechs seem right up the alley of our hyperbolic ideas of future war combat

• Winner Winner x 2
  36. Mother

Mother Commander of the GAR
    TRP Admin

United States
    I'd much rather see squadrons of tanks over the mechs.

Tanks make appearances every now and again but theyre generally impractical in most scenarios.

37. Benji Dooble

Benji Dooble Diamond in the rough

United States
    why don't we just go back to gun trucks instead?

38. Desrat456

Desrat456 Member

United States
    I tend to disagree with mother on the mechs, but I can understand why entirely. But gun trucks would make much more sense for the type of force that TC is. I can see a technical mounted with a 90 watt being far more effective and fun than a clunky tank.

39. popo

popo Zealot
    TRP Admin

United States
    afaik the only reason we don't use plasma technicals is a lack of a scripted vehicle to represent them.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1