[ Suggestion ] SkyNET sympathizers

Discussion in 'TRP Development' started by Communism, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Communism

Communism Member

United States
    I just have a few things I think could help sympathizers out.

1.) Like a post said before this allow them to see drones and not be seen on the tab menu by TC and scavs.
    2.) Allow them to spawn with a basic gun like an M4 or something, so as not to bother admins or if there are none on you can still play as a sympathizer with out having to wait for an admin.
    3.) There should be a name template to add to the RP that they're a SkyNET unit: Ex: Zian Cho.0005, this makes it easier and more RP oriented for the drones to address and give orders to us if needed.
    4.) The sympathizers should have a command unit also just for them but it would take orders from the T-700s and above just so there is a structure like terminators have.
    5.) A roster would be a good way to keep track and know how many sympathizers there are in total.
    6.) Maybe make it so to become a sympathizer or collaborator you have to be captured when there is a T-700/800 or higher on. Maybe even an applications like the terminators have.

I just feel this would add to to the sympathizer and make it better and more balanced for them. This will also make them more of an RP thing instead of a way people can get on and have an excuse to kill people on sight.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    #1 Communism, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  2. Anri

Anri cute when mad

Germany
    the number at the end doesnt mean they're a skynet unit, it's just
    a) a serial number from an ic standpoint
    b) a roster number to identify the player from an ooc standpoint
    so that part wouldn't make any sense

now correct me if im wrong, but sympathizers are supposed to be unreliable infiltrators rather than skynet-funded bandits, meaning that the whole idea of having them show up with custom flags seems super counter-intuitive and odd to begin with - at the very least, the flag shouldn't make their name red, but leave them rostered in with everyone else on the scoreboard except they could be able to see which drones are online

3. Communism

Communism Member

United States
    They are not infils, they have vests on that control them making them work for SkyNET. The numbers can work, if they work for SkyNET they would be given numbers to have the robots identify them. A roster would help also.

4. scumbo

scumbo good natured
    TRP Admin

you forget there are
    • human free will co operators
    • human slaves
    • skinjobs
    • simon wade
    that all fall under the "co-operator" tag

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ober

Ober Zealot

United States
    I think there should really only be a flag for people that are mind controlled

Free will ppl should have an ooc roster on the forums, maybe even a IC/flag thing so terms know who to not shoot

Free will peeps would make good spies, some interesting rp could come from that
    Those are just my thoughts

6. _Vintricus

_Vintricus Legend

United States
    simon wade is a terminator

as for what to designate the mind control bois, something similar to this: http://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/TS-300 comes to mind.

obviously they're not actual terminators, so as a sort of tnb canon, just call them TS-350's and call it a day.

7. Mother

Mother Commander of the GAR
    TRP Admin

United States
    We're talking about how to organize them. We might just make it a simplistic roster to see who has the flags. We don't need a naming convention, imo.

No TS-300s. Ever. MIR is silly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Communism

Communism Member

United States
    The free will people do not have vests so they do not have the flags from my knowledge I only know of one free will cooperator at the moment and thats Wolfgang or Jole.
    Humans slaves?
    Skinjobs are terminators
    Simon wade is also a terminator

They do /not/ fall under the co-operator tag exept for the free will people but they do not have the flags.

9. Kieck

Kieck poland can into space

Poland
    it won't work just like communism

10. LittleB

LittleB Rainbow Dash is Cute

United Kingdom
    It can benefit from a little organisation and a few 'semi-leaders' (maybe think of them as super-sympathizers who organise the pack).

The only glaring issue I can see right now is its one flag which is trying to cater for a lot of needs, some of which have been mentioned in this thread.

Currently the flag lumps together: mindless human S2K'ers, captured scavs, people trying to rp semi-infiltrators, generic sympathisers and even bandits.

Once its real use is defined some form of leadership structure could be useful, right now its just a 'anti-TC but not a drone' flag

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Communism

Communism Member

United States
    Again, semi infiltrators are not in the group, generic sympathizers are also not in this group, and bandits are most definitely /not/ in the group. All of those are there own thing. I agree with everything else you have said.

12. LittleB

LittleB Rainbow Dash is Cute

United Kingdom
    They are in that group because they have that flag and thats the problem, just go on the server and see for yourself, look at Doc, Chad, Simon, Ram

13. Communism

Communism Member

United States
    Doc does not have the Flags the others I do not know about.

14. Communism

Communism Member

United States
    It's what ever really, I just feel it wouldn't hurt. Also it would make everything a bit more neat.