[suggestion] simfphys cars

scumbo

good natured
Jan 1, 2015
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/?id=771487490

customizable cars that handle extremely well, respond to damage, and have lights and fuel systems
by customizable i mean shit like turbo/supercharging, suspension height, gear ratios, automatic or manual transmissions etc

issues i see potentially are their simulated physics and lighting causing performance drags on server, as well as not having some of the familiar cars we use like the lovely niva :(

the base comes with the prewar hl2 cars - sedans, coupes, trucks and vans, but i would suggest other packs which come with other cool models.

• well-handling cars that can be damaged, modded, and repaired
  • cars that are otherwise unrepresented (civilian vehicles)

mainly i just want the better handling and the ability to raise suspensions on cars so i can drive over a curb without the gubbins cars flipping upside down and slaughtering hapless roleplayers
yep

PROGRESS

Last edited:

VeteranGary

May 25, 2016
Played with this addon on a different server. Works pretty well, hell if you drive like a retard the lights can get smashed out, and if you drive off cliffs the axles/transmission will sound damaged. And from there, any further damage leads to smoking, then exploding which will destroy the vehicle and kill the driver. Comes with a handy tool, to edit the properties of the car, which does require a bunch of testing, any wrong input makes the car either snail speed, or godspeed. Also comes with armed vehicles in the basic pack, like a HL2 APC, combine and regular, a Sherman tank and a Tiger tank for some reason.

Doggo

Legend
Jul 2, 2015
if we use this, dont set max suspension settings'

the script doesnt like it

oh and dont min or max out any of your settings actually

Ober

Zealot
Jan 6, 2015
think about this lads:
if we have this for the server, John Connor can get a T-72 now

blooregardo

padre gringo
Jun 20, 2011
I was going to make a thread for this but apparently there's already one

they handle more realistically than source vehicles, they're a little easier to drive, and like scumbo said they respond to damage. sometimes it's tedious to get the settings just right, but there's also a vehicle dupe tool with the addon (since adv dupe doesn't quite work with this) so you can save stuff.

there's already an equivalent on the workshop for pick-up trucks, humvees, anything else in the gubbins pack (probably possible to convert those to simfphys script anyway), and there's armed versions of a lot of these vehicles as well. it'd definitely be worth trying on the server

scumbo

good natured
Jan 1, 2015
I was going to make a thread for this but apparently there's already one

they handle more realistically than source vehicles, they're a little easier to drive, and like scumbo said they respond to damage. sometimes it's tedious to get the settings just right, but there's also a vehicle dupe tool with the addon (since adv dupe doesn't quite work with this) so you can save stuff.

there's already an equivalent on the workshop for pick-up trucks, humvees, anything else in the gubbins pack (probably possible to convert those to simfphys script anyway), and there's armed versions of a lot of these vehicles as well. it'd definitely be worth trying on the server
ive actually been converting some cars to simfphys. mainly gubbins cars (LOVELY NIVA) and some other cars that arent the hl2 ones

i just have trouble getting the brake lights to work, but, thats all

blooregardo

padre gringo
Jun 20, 2011
mainly gubbins cars (LOVELY NIVA) and some other cars that arent the hl2 ones
just using the hl2 ones you can get something pretty close to the Niva by playing around with the settings (and unlike the Niva, you can find volkswagens pretty easily in the US)

the base addon also comes with synergy cars that fit the setting pretty well

if you play with the settings and apply submaterials from the wrecked hl2 cars, you ccan get some pretty run-down scavenger type vehicles too:

also that vehicle pack scumbo linked in the OP has a lot of american cars that fit the setting pretty well:

we should definitely be using these for TRP

scumbo

good natured
Jan 1, 2015
im going to be trying to hit as many of the archetypes as i can like
  • a muscle car
  • a police car
  • 1-2 trucks (other than but including the gubbins cars)
  • MOTORCYCLE?? maybe not on simf, something on the source base
  • the rebel cars from the 'driveable hl2 cars' addon we used to have on hl2
  • jeep (crunchy cherokee)
all stuff thats relevant to the world ending in 1997

scumbo

good natured
Jan 1, 2015
can anyone find a relevant police car that doesnt use a huge material addon? i wanted to use one of the caprice or monaco police addons but they both used shared content addons that would put the filesize into the sky

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)