[SUGGESTION] Quartermaster Flags

Discussion in 'TRP Development' started by pssssst COWARD, Feb 7, 2018.

1. pssssst COWARD

TRP Admin

United Kingdom
    i'm gonna just make this a full on suggestion because i reckon it should be one

i imagine it could easy operate like the BMD flag except the gear would either have to cost nothing so that the QMs can actually spawn shit as needed or the people playing the QMs would need to be given a shit ton of credits.

i reckon it should be added because some people that're inducted in to charlie are done so with the primary job of being a qm within logistics, and if they're trusted in this position i reckon it should be fair to give those people the ability to spawn weapons/gear for both techcomm and normal survivors.

it's also be really useful because in my personal experience so far, i've had to ask admins to spawn me a hell of a lot of shit and i don't like having to repeatedly drag admins away from the work they're doing/the roleplay they're doing to do something as small as spawning me a couple of radios, or a few flashlights. the flag doesn't even necessarily have to have that much - infact, i thought of a list of shit the qm should be able to give out.

• M16s/M4s (they seem to be the base weapon for everyone - everyone and their mum has one)
    • AK74s/AK74us (same as above, except Russian)
    • SIG 9226s/Colt 1911s (same as the above two, except pistols)
    • Mossbergs (i'm pretty sure they're the 'basic' shotguns)
    • Ammo (maybe? not necessary)
    • basic TechComm armor for new privates (more roleplay could be made if they're told to go see the QM to get their basic gear)
    • basic body armor (to give out to non-techcomm affiliates)
    • basic helmet and medic helmet (to give out to both techcomm and non-techcomm affiliates)
    • radios (for obvious reasons)
    • flashlights (for obvious reasons)
    • basic shit like clothes and hats and cosmetic items (to make things look different and such)
    • squad specific gear (loadouts for delta, alpha, bravo and charlie.)

this flag isn't exactly a necessity but it would definitely streamline the process of playing a non-admin quartermaster a FUCK ton, and would make it a lot easier.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    #1 pssssst COWARD, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  2. Patriot

Patriot Zealot

United States
    To be fair with you I feel like using the container system from HL2 could be a better solution than outright weapon spawning privileges. If we have the container then it actually gives meaning to the supply runs coming(I.e TechCom run comes back with a rifle, spare vest and a hat then they drop it off to the QMs chest) and there would be less possibility for abuse aswell as showing the players scarcity of items. We aren’t a bottomless well when it comes to equipment and that should be known.

3. pssssst COWARD

TRP Admin

United Kingdom
    that's one of my points - if you're brought in as a quartermaster you're probably trusted enough to not over inflate shit, or hand shit out like candy apples. when i was made one to help elf, in fact, i got told my job isn't just to give shit out and trade stuff away - it's to use my position to help give people rp, by sending them on little errands to earn shit they're in need of. sticking to that method of sending people on jobs and then spawning them the shit they need provides more roleplay and it means there's more freedom to what is given. if it's still an issue of inflation then qms can be given an ooc cap on what they're allowed to give out - i.e, 1 basic kevlar vest a day, four assault rifles, yadda yadda.

4. Benji Dooble

Benji Dooble Diamond in the rough

United States
    I'd love some GM flags to help actually make little scavenging runs instead of just handing things out and /a ing for more radios

5. pssssst COWARD

TRP Admin

United Kingdom
    you don't need gm flags to do shit like that, i've been doing it as a player. quartermaster flags would just help out the quartermasters a lot, and we'd take up a lot less of the admin's time

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Benji Dooble

Benji Dooble Diamond in the rough

United States
    I guess I'm not as passionate as you to run around the map at 5 fps to set up little shit, which is admirable.

I'll just have to suck it up.

7. Scone !

Scone ! I am not a bot
    RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    Live as a mortal pleb, as I had to for months on HL2, subject to the whims of your masters

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. pssssst COWARD

TRP Admin

United Kingdom
    PLEASE MAKE THIS A THING I DON'T LIKE BUGGING ADMINS AT ALL

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. scumbo

scumbo good natured
    TRP Admin RR Moderator

this is a necessity - it FIXES SOM ANY P ORBLMESN on top of IT will also alleviate our current problem of just having loose scripts lined up on the walls bc if a gun comes in we can just delete it and take a fresh one from the F3 "armory"

• Agree Agree x 2
    #9 scumbo, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  10. Joker

Joker Taig Terminator

United Kingdom
    I think I've pissed Snuggles off too long enough with my constant dying in S2K causing me to drop weapons, let's take pressure off him a bit and allow the QM nerds to help deal with it.

also it's hard to get stuff when admins aren't on, like "modified weapons" so maybe, as long as QM's are trusted they can do that too

dont hate me its only a suggestion

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Drewerth

Drewerth nothing stops MY roleplay

United States
    Tbh you don't even need to give them a lot of weapons access, just some basics.

M4, M16, M9, P226, etc.
    Just the standard rifles and maybe one of the shotguns, snipers, etc.

Idk, just a thought. Bigger guns can be left to admins.

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. scumbo

scumbo good natured
    TRP Admin RR Moderator

when this is added, please add the items used for crafting to it, as well - so long as crafting follows a formula of 1scope 1extendedmag 1m203 we wont have to add any of the modified weapons - we can just build them ourselves from weapons and attachments we can spawn independently, saving even more trouble

13. Bulldog

Bulldog script mong

United States
    I'm just gonna go ahead and bump this. We're critically short on stuff like repair kits even though we would be able to conduct repairs through RP in the armory from spare parts. It cuts down on admins having to be bothered for that kind of things and streamlines the server with trusted Charlie technicians.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. scumbo

scumbo good natured
    TRP Admin RR Moderator

this is vital
    heck you could even work it to use the cca flag and locker system just please add the QM flagg in some form

15. Joker

Joker Taig Terminator

United Kingdom
    bruh

i really fuckin need this. admins hate me, this 1 simple trick will fix this.

All seriousness, having to request admins to keep giving me repair kits is getting problematic. I also agree that we need some sort of crafting systems because admins are also getting sick of swapping out guns for me when I add stuff onto them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Drewerth

Drewerth nothing stops MY roleplay

United States
    I believe the crafting system is in the works. Correct me if I've heard wrong.

17. Raklo

Raklo Legend

United States
    can we get some official response to this? it's been a month since it was posted and it's just been people agreeing that we need this. I'm sure the administration is tired of spawning items too, so this will lessen their load.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Enraged

Enraged Sorry, You Need Auths For That
    Contributor

United States
    @Davebrown @Hoplite @TankNut
    Help please <3

EDIT: I should elaborate a bit.
    Currently we already have specified people listed down as QM's, and they're pretty good at.
    They understand that new people should be armed with standard equipment, trades can be made for gear of equal value, and that some level of RP is involved should a gun need repair or someone needs to help out to get more gear that they might have lost.

Setting a flag that gives these QM's the ability to spawn basic gear and some more advanced weaponry would be extremely helpful for running the desk more efficiently.

#18 Enraged, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  19. Davebrown

Davebrown my role as server owner is to ruin your roleplay
    Senior Executive Administrator

United Kingdom
    Giving players the ability to spawn weapons will completely undermine the admin teams ability to control weapon distribution.

At the very most I would be happy for a tech flag that allows them to repair weapons.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Oby

Oby Senior Member

United States
    I agree with Dave, it will break the system and will bring a large amount of weapons into the flow and will just break the idea of weapons being hard to come by and ruin the idea of scaving and having others bring in weapons. Now the idea with a Tech flag that's highly needed. The ability to repair weapons to those who know and skilled for, but I feel that it shouldn't just be for Techs and able for those who have the knowledge.

21. SamuraiJack

SamuraiJack Senior Member

United States
    While I agree with Dave in theory, the fact of the matter is, that everyone and their mother has an assault rifle. There is not really an "economy" so to speak. I don't necessarily know why some people can't have QM flags -- as it does seem like a good idea, however he did bring up the point about weapon distribution -- which is kinda jaked up at the moment.

22. Rabid

IDIOTS

Everyone has an assault rifle... that doesn't really do shit to a Drone unless you have a lot of people.

Now imagine someone deciding to be a bit sneaky and suddenly people have bigger guns to compensate?

23. SamuraiJack

SamuraiJack Senior Member

United States
    There are a helluva lot more people than drones, and to this point I haven't really seen a Skynet v T-C fight that really ends in mass casualties. Additionally, I would like to think that QM's can be trusted to not spawn in crazy shit, or the flags can just be limited to like, AK's and smaller stuff.
    In terms of tech flags, I would love that. It would make being a Charlie dude more fun/useful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Enraged

Enraged Sorry, You Need Auths For That
    Contributor

United States
    Okay yeah this is getting a bit off from the base idea.

The QM would only be able to spawn basic guns and gear, as listed in the original post that Snuggles made.
    Weapons: AK74's, M4's, M1911's
    Gear: Possibly Armor of Sorts?
    Utilities: Radios, Repair Kits, Flashlights

They wouldn't suddenly be spawning high end rifles or basic rifles with a bunch of attachments, it would just be a helping hand to assist in arming new players and equip other with possibly lost gear.
    At this point in time on the server the whole idea of this lower end gear has become passive, as in we just sort of have it at times or we don't. We're not really going on smaller scav run events to gain this gear anymore.

25. pssssst COWARD

TRP Admin

United Kingdom
    when i made the thread i did not intend for QMs to be able to hand out everything

they'd be able to hand out basic weapons, basic TC gear so that new recruits can be told to "visit the quartermaster to get their gear", which would create more rp, and the flags wouldn't be handed out to everyone that just walks up to the QM station and says "hey i'm a QM"

• Agree Agree x 3
  26. Negative

Negative Has absolutely no life
    TRP Admin

United States
    Allow the QM to hand out the basic items, from radios, tech-com gear, repair kits, etc- as has been mentioned previously. Then give them the ability to hand out some of the shittier guns. I don't think the direction of the server has been to make it difficult to obtain guns; because it isn't. Perhaps it's difficult to obtain certain guns and 'good' guns, but someone that's brand new to the server can usually get a rifle pretty easily.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Chris

Chris some sort of fucking donator faggot

Canada
    BUMP - would be useful for non-admin command to be able to spawn items for new recruits, etc.

28. Mother

Mother Commander of the GAR
    TRP Admin

United States
    I'd say either give them the ability to spawn basic shit or just give them a larger inventory to hold more shit.

• Agree Agree x 3
  29. hawkeye

hawkeye Zealot
    TRP Admin

United States
    Radios, helmets, maybe stuff like SMGs and pistols would be useful I think for us since we can't always be on

• Agree Agree x 1