[Suggestion] HUD Compass

Discussion in 'TRP Development' started by Detective Zero, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Detective Zero

Detective Zero On the case

United States
    Too many times I've seen people get confused as hell on what direction is where at any given time in the RP, even for 'regulars' that venture out on common locations. I just think it'd help if we had a compass that reflected that if it were possible, I'd imagine atleast IC some people would have /a/ form of one maybe, whether it be some dusty old bottle cap opener vanity item, a tool in their weapon, or an actual compass or whatever else may be the case. Just think it'll help in the long run is all if it's possible

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Snuggles

Snuggles Legend

United Kingdom
    on all of our current maps skynet base is on the northern side. on both of them, the labor camp is north west. you can work out the rest from therre.

although a compass would help. we've got something similar w/ the gps system in hl2 but i'm not sure how easy that would be to do w/ the new script

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. popo

popo Zealot

United States
    I'd love objectively defined compass directions as a function in the script.

It'd be very useful especially on the maps which don't fit under the standard skynet base / prison camp format (those used in events primarily)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Detective Zero

Detective Zero On the case

United States
    While I do understand they denote SkyNET's normally North, it still does throw people off, calling out random directions when it's actually elsewhere when they're out. Just a suggestion is all, would help newer folk get used to it better too.

5. LandOfTheFree

LandOfTheFree I'M A PATRIOTIC AMERICAN, THAT'S MY NATIONAL RIGHT
    TRP Admin

United States
    A compass could work, but the easiest way to break down directions on the map is by landmarking. The two main sections on Pripryat and Future War is the main road and canal respectively. Both of those run North and South, and then if you can remember that baseplate is on the west on both maps, then you can quickly start to break down directions and such.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BMY871

BMY871 Zealot

United States
    It could be as easy one-line script to display direction somewhere. Another line for a condition if you want to have a compass item.

7. VeteranGary

VeteranGary Senior Member

United States
    being able to state specific bearings would be helpful for snipers/support squads to lay down suppressive fire, or go in a more reliable direction, rather than "go east"