[Suggestion] Hand retextures

Discussion in 'TRP Development' started by RevivalAD, Apr 14, 2018.

1. RevivalAD

RevivalAD Senior Member

United States
    So, I've been digging around in the Garrys Mod files, and have been trying to figure out a way to retexture my hands, as they're stuck as combine hands, but then someone told me to change my character in singleplayer, and it would change my hand model in trp. It did indeed, but now I'm stuck with civilian style hands.

Does anyone know how hands work in TRP? Is there a way I can retexture them myself? I would love to try to make some kind of terminator hand retexture, if at all possible.

Not really a suggestion, but more of just a question. If I can be directed to the right files, I could possibly make a decent texture for TC and Terminator first person models and upload it somewhere.

2. Pew

Pew wonga

United States
    Good luck. Tried countless CSS and GMod mods, skins and retextures and none work on TRP. Worked fine in single player though.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Ober

Ober Zealot

United States
    The c_hands system the server uses probably doesn't let you do this.
    From what I've seen, a lot of the hand re-textures on the workshop are for the cs:s gloves.
    That may or may not be the issue.

4. Detective Zero

Detective Zero On the case

United States
    Speaking of hands can someone explain to me why men have gloves and the women have afrikaan tribe black man hands.

5. RevivalAD

RevivalAD Senior Member

United States
    Hey guys. I found a mod that SORT OF fixes the problem with first person hands.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=875909371&searchtext=c_arms

Try this mod. It seems TRP uses c_arms, this replaces some of the textures. If you want a decent first person hands model, go into your singleplayer game, switch your player model to a rebel, and you should get textures that fit more with tech-comms hands.