Siberia Character Appreciation Thread

TOMKEG1

terrible tastes in anime
Dec 7, 2014
i've got plenty of characters from the siberian rr that i enjoyed interacting with, don't know about serbia though.

the entirety of the EFF. I had a good time with all of you.

Last edited:

Shia

Mar 15, 2018
Identity
Yelena, Hadeon, Fyodor and Brent stood out most to me, and in a good way. Only know who played Hadeon and Brent, though, so that sucks. Oh, and Rybin (rubin?) was pretty cool, think he managed to get the most notoriety out of everyone. He kind of set the stage on how easily a top tier fella could get killed fast, without a big show and dance, which was cool as hell. Usually for someone like him it'd be a drawn out, emotional thing. Instead, he got his head ventilated, and he was dead. Took me off guard tbh.

Solomin was a really cool character too, although he was bald, so it sort've balances out in the end.

also rip hadeon's arm lol

Feb 28, 2018
Yelena, Hadeon, Fyodor and Brent stood out most to me, and in a good way. Only know who played Hadeon and Brent, though, so that sucks. Oh, and Rybin (rubin?) was pretty cool, think he managed to get the most notoriety out of everyone. He kind of set the stage on how easily a top tier fella could get killed fast, without a big show and dance, which was cool as hell. Usually for someone like him it'd be a drawn out, emotional thing. Instead, he got his head ventilated, and he was dead. Took me off guard tbh.

Solomin was a really cool character too, although he was bald, so it sort've balances out in the end.

I think that is what mostly set this RR apart from the normal one.
People could die in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

sky

your newest internet obsession
Roleplay Department Administrator
Sep 18, 2015
Identity
They/Them
i really enjoyed Raspberry Raspberry 's Lilyana Yakovna, the leader of the Balkan Renegades

LolMan

Jun 10, 2016
Solomin was one of the most based characters I’ve interacted with in a while.

also a big thank to Rybin and Klarysa for being amazing team leaders for the EFF. Had a blast RPing with both of you.

Grogrock

Jul 1, 2018
Identity
EFF did a good job, especially with the Rybin drop. That was well done, no spectacle in the death. But as far as MVP awards shoutout to a lot of the other non-EFF characters that sort of just existed in their orbit. As I've mentioned on the discord, it felt like the fact that the EFF wasn't this "unstoppable centralized force" made it so that all of those characters had a chance to impact the outcome of a battle. Based on how they picked their side, that could (or couldn't!) change the result, which is fantastic fucking player agency.

Martok

Oct 11, 2020

Kat_ Kat_ played Yelena. Pretty based character too, between Yelena and Yerzhan and Solomin - I had an incredibly enjoyable time on the RR. Best experience I've had on Gmod in years, I hope the main server reflects some of the RR's attributes in at least some form.

Feb 28, 2018
Honestly civilians deserve the most love
I found myself enjoying whatever situation I had with them, as they felt unpredictable and all of them varied.
Went from some innocent dude running to EFF for help, allllll the way down to bandits throwing molotovs at us, shits nuts and you guys brought alot of variety to the server
O7

Chad

Legend
Aug 12, 2012
Identity
despite not having the time to really develop a character in this RR I was still happy to see everyone else enjoying themselves. big shoutout to the other trp admins LolMan LolMan , Deadeye Deadeye , The Great Slithery Dee The Great Slithery Dee , and Belowthebelt Belowthebelt (ty you especially for helping considering you had no obligation after resigning, appreciate it a lot) for putting in the hard work and dedicating your whole weekend to this RR.

the main theme we wanted with this RR was human conflicts with MIR acting more as a looming threat while allowing player agency to dictate the course of the server. hopefully y’all enjoyed it despite our lack of much planning (builds, storylines) and only really having just a handful of us to keep it running smoothly. we all tried our best, so it means a lot to see that it was received well.

personally I had a blast and apologies to anyone looking forward to the reaver event I had teased over the first 2 days, irl stuff popped up and unfortunately I couldn’t do as much as I’d initially wanted to.

we’re not really sure where trp’s going to end up after this, at the end of the day trp is Dave’s project so the buck stops there. imo I’m pretty tired of the main timeline, it’s 3 years in and so convoluted and bloated with power creep on both TC and skynets side that continuing it would just be a headache not with investing the Tylenol into. there’s a /reason/ there’s only a few of us left on the team, just saying.

atm we’re talking of continuing Siberia in a part 2 sometime in November, so if we’re able to do that we will. thanks again to everyone who showed up and gave us a chance, we appreciate you.

Dec 25, 2015
A lone 600 with a minigun was enough to subdue a hell of a lot of the defences during the Day 2 siege and it was a concentrated effort to kill it. That's the sort of stuff I'd always wanted to do on TRP as a Drone and I'm glad to have provided (I hope!).

Shoutout to Atilla 2 (not sure who played them!) for trying to yell orders at my 600 who just ignored him and went around ripping down barricades to let him burn shit down

Benji Dooble

Happily Married
Jun 1, 2015
Identity
I hope everyone enjoyed or wasn't overtly outraged at the bandit activity. After a few ambushes and a raid we tried to keep the theft to ammo as firstly we didn't wanna just be script thieves just sticking people up for what few guns were around and secondly we didn't have much of any ammo at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)