Should I get Dayz standalone?

Dec 8, 2014
Hey guys, I play on HL2 rp a lot and enjoy it, and have been considering getting DayZ standalone as well: Is it worth the 30$? (asking HL2 players and DayZ players)

Dirty

clean
Aug 12, 2011
Yeah, it's fine if you can deal with tons of bugs. I've played a lot of it, and I enjoy it.

J0shwa

Dec 24, 2014
can your computer run DayZ Standalone? Mines can run it but I have the settings on low, I'd recommend you to check the requirements.

Stevefish

Zealot
May 21, 2011
I would say get it when it goes on sale. It isn't worth the current money IMO and I really didn't care for it when I have played it. (I've logged about 10 hours of game time) The good aspect of the game is that it is a total recreation of the DayZ franchise and thus has a ton of new features and it seems they are still improving. I believe we will have a long way to go before we see any type of REAL movement in the game however. Now as for the bad, you are really looking at a game that was released as a very buggy Alpha and you'd be the beta tester essentially. From my understanding also, most of the action and PVP-type aspects of the game all take place around Elektro. So if you are looking to get right into the shooting survivors, you'll want to get supplied up. And find a nice building to chill in while you camp out in Elektro.

Dec 8, 2014
if you have enough money to pay for a VERY VERY powerful computer why are you asking a bunch of roleplaying losers like us if you should spend $30 on a video game
I dont have a ton of money, I work hard and save up and I dont like to spend my money on things if I am only like "Eh, some people say its good but other people say its crap"

I dont waste money. Im Cheap. I found ways to build a computer just as powerful as a multithousand dollar alienware for 800 dollars.

Decaro

smegma stink
Jul 10, 2011
I dont have a ton of money, I work hard and save up and I dont like to spend my money on things if I am only like "Eh, some people say its good but other people say its crap"
I dont waste money. Im Cheap. I found ways to build a computer just as powerful as a multithousand dollar alienware for 800 dollars.
if you like arma 2 dayz youll like dayz standalone, theyre updating it frequently with new content that's bringing it up to par with the amount of features the old game had
standalone features being better optimization than the arma 2 shit, better menus, better customization, better everything atm except zombies
theyre still sorting those fuckers out

Zaku350

Has absolutely no life
May 22, 2011
if you like arma 2 dayz youll like dayz standalone, theyre updating it frequently with new content that's bringing it up to par with the amount of features the old game had
standalone features being better optimization than the arma 2 shit, better menus, better customization, better everything atm except zombies
theyre still sorting those fuckers out

pretty much

if youre ready for a hellish trip full of bugs and glitches then go for it
but if youve played ARMA II and you like DayZ at its core im sure youll find some enjoyment out of this. i have some 50 hours or something in it, and its alright, i enjoy it sometimes but find myself dieing a lot to bugs, or my char fails to load, or something else like that so its hit and miss

helps if you have friends to play with otherwise its pretty dull. almost everyone travels in packs so expect t oget ganked a lot

Davebrown

my role as server owner is to ruin your roleplay
Senior Executive Administrator
May 16, 2011
I find arma2 dayz and standalone to be completely different

and honestly i just cant enjoy standalone at all

the zombie mechanics i think are terrible, theyre supposed to be improvements on the original but beyond buggy just totally shit

i strongly suggest DayZ Origins mod for arma2 instead as thats where the real funs at

LittleB

Rainbow Dash is Cute
Aug 8, 2011
ENFIELD BOSS will be back in action once our Origins team gets back into moton. But yea, I personally don't recommend standalone, you'll have loads more fun getting ARMA 2 + OA and playing some of the DayZ mods available there. TnB cru play Origins so you might want to check that out. (plural not singular, 2 different mods)

Zaku350

Has absolutely no life
May 22, 2011
I hear ARMA3 has some good Dayz-likes too, but i dont truthfully know

Jun 19, 2011
For all it's bugs and gripes, DayZ SA is just about the most fun you can have with a group of buds online.

Once you've spent the first hour and a half finding each other though.

Joboba Durtfeet

SIMPLY DELICIOUS
Sep 2, 2012
DayZ Standalone is more about survival than the actual zombies. It's bland, but at the same time somewhat gritty.
If you can handle the shitty zombie AI that came with the Arma 3 engine, then get it. But personally, I wouldn't recommend it.

Zaku350

Has absolutely no life
May 22, 2011
Choco McShreddy said:
For all it's bugs and gripes, DayZ SA is just about the most fun you can have with a group of buds online.

Once you've spent the first hour and a half finding each other though.
with suicide enabled now it's a lot easier. plus once you've done it so many times you know exactly where you are.

I wish they'd just let you pick your spawn. I know its unrealistic, who cares, you're going to just march toward your friends anyway might as well stop pretending people arent and just be convenient instead

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)