shia unban

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shia

Mar 15, 2018

Name of character:
Jeremy Boy
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:91112514
Original length of ban: perma
Time since ban: I don't know, a few months or smth like that.
Who banned you: Miguh Miguh
Reason for original ban: Massive script play.
Proof(If Applicable): n/a
Reason for unban: Well, I don't get the reason for the ban, still. I'm pretty sure it was for mugging, but given the time that I did it- around the start of the server -it was simply so that an actual resistance could be established. When I got my baton initially, I tried to make a gang- at which point I got my members to go mug some others. Once again, I told them that it wasn't for me, it was for them. This may not sound important, but like I said, I wanted to help form the resistance. That's pretty much all there is to it. I don't feel like anything I did was ban-worthy.

Valkyrie

Legend
Jan 28, 2015
You were trying to mug cops almost everyday and fighting us when we said it made no sense to have a resistance group already (filled with mingey new players that wouldn't even roleplay correctly) in the sewers. You were warned to chill out with trying to get scripts (even banned IIRC for a small time). When that behavior didn't stop, you were banned.

Shia

Mar 15, 2018
You were trying to mug cops almost everyday and fighting us when we said it made no sense to have a resistance group already (filled with mingey new players that wouldn't even roleplay correctly) in the sewers. You were warned to chill out with trying to get scripts (even banned IIRC for a small time). When that behavior didn't stop, you were banned.
Already talked about that in that chatroom thingy on the main thing. I get that part of the ban, and it's probably even valid, really. But it's been a month or so, at the least. Given the time that's passed, even if it was valid, I feel like it would've expired by now. Then again, that isn't for me to decide. I also couldn't help what my members did, as I can't really act like an all seeing god and constantly watch them. Once they were out of my sight, they were left to their own devices.

Snaparoni

TRP Admin
Dec 15, 2014
this isnt about ‘hey i waited my days i should be good now’. your priorities of what your doing on the server need to be different. if you understand that and show it, then i dont mind having you back.

Shia

Mar 15, 2018
this isnt about ‘hey i waited my days i should be good now’. your priorities of what your doing on the server need to be different. if you understand that and show it, then i dont mind having you back.
I can't really show it here, can I? All I'm doing here is justifying (in some cases) and explaining (in most cases) my actions. I feel like I've said my piece, really. I can't say much else because, in my opinion, there isn't anything else to add.

Valkyrie

Legend
Jan 28, 2015
I'm only hesitant because you were banned before and went off saying 'I have changed I understand & won't do it again'.

Shia

Mar 15, 2018
I'm only hesitant because you were banned before and went off saying 'I have changed I understand & won't do it again'.
It's all you can really do though, isn't it? I'm only trying to come back as there isn't a need to do what I used to do, from what I've been told, atleast. Past that, like I said, I can't add anything else. I've said my piece, and that's it, really. I have nothing else to say.

Pew

wonga
Jan 26, 2013
gonna go ahead with a no on that one, you were such a nuisance in that short time span and you made it your absolute goal to only further your script net worth instead of actually just settling down and rping

pirate

TnB's Most Wanted
Sep 8, 2011
It's all you can really do though, isn't it? I'm only trying to come back as there isn't a need to do what I used to do, from what I've been told, atleast. Past that, like I said, I can't add anything else. I've said my piece, and that's it, really. I have nothing else to say.
it doesnt sound like you understand why you were banned to begin with my man. your actions were a breach of the implicit trust between players - with the purpose of advancing yourself as quickly as possible, without truly earning it through character development, and at the expense of others.

it wasnt that you wanted to establish the resistance because you thought there should be one... it was that YOU wanted to be the one who established the resistance. you rushed to that point, disregarding everything and anything that should have or would have led up to your character reaching that point.

and most importantly, again, it came at someone else's expense... their time, their trust, their character. you acted like a jackass and you dont understand why it wasnt ok; your only defense is "well i cant do it again so there should be no problem" - and that isnt sufficient because, at least in my opinion, someone whos prone to exploiting other players like that doesnt belong on the server even if the specific offense that got them flagged cant be repeated for whatever reason

Last edited:

Subeh

Zealot
Oct 11, 2016
Shia having been a nebulous lad I can confirm that he isn't very good at getting his point across, so I can understand why some would be cautious.

His intentions are pure, it's his mentality that's at fault. The things he tried to do aren't acceptable here, but are purely acceptable at nebulous -- I think we sometimes forget that TnB is vastly different in comparison to most servers, and people like him tend to just do what they know.

If given the proper education (which myself and Braker can quite easily supply him) I'm sure he'll perfectly understand what's acceptable and what's not in the future.

It has my support.

Braker

Apr 23, 2019
I don't blame the guy for not knowing the details of his ban, this is the log of what was given.

He stated exactly what the reason for his ban was as far as he knows.

Miguh

Zealot
Aug 13, 2016
I'm fine with an unban if you do more than mug units/talk about mugging units.

If you keep up with the 24/7 mugs, there won't be another opportunity.

Subeh

Zealot
Oct 11, 2016
We've reached the common consensus that you're liable to ultimately end up repeat-offending, given the track record.

Time teaches some people, unfortunately I don't think it'd have taught you.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)