RR - The Thing - June Second

Status
Not open for further replies.

LKC6

TnB's Favorite Baseball
Feb 21, 2016
Identity
I was the First Thing (the corpse got me) but that was soooo much fun! Loved every moment of it, especially when Charles first transformed. Overall, amazing event!

jumbo shrimp

Zealot
Jan 17, 2017
Identity
that was one hell of an event. sorry for leaving you behind jay junker/meyers/chalk. if its any consolation zimmerman escaped and will become an alcoholic for the leftover couple years of his life

thanks admin team and participants that shit was sweet. RR has proven that it can definitely work

bennet

Roleplay Department Administrator
May 22, 2011
That was absolutely great guys, more or less exactly what I imagined. I had my hands full flying from scene to scene to DM all the details, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Thanks for making a dream nearly 8 years in the making a reality. For the people that played the things, thanks for being good sports, I think we definitely gave people a good time here.

Lumine

Legend
May 24, 2016
Identity
She/Her
tnb realizing that Bennet got to see his dream rp and that it turned out awesome without little to none fuckery

Hoplite

send me $20
May 21, 2011
that was super fucking fun, i definitely echo bennet in thanking everybody who had a part to play, the big man beet himself included. i really didn't know how much i was going to get out of this so to actually sit down and roleplay through for the whole time both nights was actually pretty great.

like some of the others the only encounter i had with the thing was towards the end, and even then it's probably something that poor old wright would have been obscured from properly seeing. whilst i didn't get the gruesome, grisly death i was expecting (hoping), the event definitely traumatised the character to no end. it was pretty awesome going through deliberately not being in the know via any admin tools also!

i'll upload the screenies i took if they're any good.

bennet

Roleplay Department Administrator
May 22, 2011
Forgot to say, thanks to the admins that stepped up to help me, and thanks to the guys that spent time making the builds better, I'm not the builder I once was. Big thanks to bungo and scone as most of the used prop builds came from them. I can't think of a better way to start off the era of Random Roleplay, I'm glad stuff worked out.

Matt

Legend
Dec 3, 2012
[L] ** Aaron Stewart continues to run after the thing, chasing it with fire.
[L] ** Matthew Reo charges forward with the drill as he yells 'I am going to pin it into that fucking wall!'
[L] (Matthew Reo) ** As the body throws itself at Aaron, it has the unpleasant surprise of throwing itself straight into a giant fucking drill. **
(Jonas Jorgan) ** The body gets kebab'd and cremated. It's not coming back from that. However, the hand, seems to have gone. **
(Joe Moore) ** Joe's gone for good-- he lets out an ungodly scream as he's slowly turned to ash. Though-- Aaron's random selection for Joe's death was reasonable-- Limbs sprouting from its body from where limbs had not been before. It charges head on into the mining drill, though-- it's already ablaze and dying, in the end, not putting up a good enough fight. **
[L] ** Matthew Reo Pushes the drill forward onto the ground in order to impale it onto the floor, shredding it to pieces.
Tanknut and I went ham on the things, and in the end became the 2 abandoned survivors remaining in the base without any supplies left when the things went into hibernation and left us in a base with no power, heating or supplies after sending one last request for help on the radio, rip.

It was great fun.

Dec 25, 2015
Tanknut and I went ham on the things, and in the end became the 2 abandoned survivors remaining in the base without any supplies left when the things went into hibernation and left us in a base with no power, heating or supplies after sending one last request for help on the radio, rip.

It was great fun.
George-Thing the kind of Thing to piss alien biomass in your cheerios to contaminate them.

Also there was a third survivor but he broke his leg and got eaten...

popo

Action is Coming
May 28, 2012
** Jonas Jorgan throws his hands up and turns towards the stairs, yelling in nordic.
(Norwegian) Jonas Jorgan: [YELL] That's how I get repayed for this shit, Anders! Push me away to /die/!
** Ashley Vickers draws his pistol.
(Norwegian) Anders Orsted: It reacts to heat, Jonas! But they won't let me give you the blood test! They wont open the door at all!
Joe Moore: We n-... no. He did what we asked-- right?
Ashley Vickers: We agreed.
(Norwegian) Anders Orsted: [YELL] It reacts to heat, Jonas! But they won't let me give you the blood test! They wont open the door at all!
Matthew Winnefield: No one in!
Joe Moore: Can we /not/ atleast give him a chan-..
Matthew Winnefield: If he was covered in the guts and blood he is probably infected!
Thomas Phillips: That one chance could mean life or death.
Anders Orsted: If he pulls -anything- funny, just blow him away! Toss the knife, have him cut himself, pass the knife back to us, slide it on the ground!
Anders Orsted: Or-- this coud not even be real!
Anders Orsted: [YELL] We could be FUCKING CRAZY!

Jul 28, 2016
Identity
I'm pretty sure that third guy was from our group which I named the 'Glow stick' group since we hid in the security tower only using a single glow stick as a light source for a while.

moogaloo

The Schemer
Sep 1, 2011
Identity
Viktor is thrown off the snow mobile, by a sharp turn or a sudden stop; it doesn't matter. He's flung off into the snow.

Crack. That's probably an arm broken. Viktor lets out a blood curdling scream as he rolls through the snow.

Ragged breath. Vestiges of life. Viktor is crawling slowly through the snow, leaving a trail of blood behind him. He wasn't ready to die.

Viktor Sanchez: [YELL] They killed me Juan!
Viktor Sanchez: [YELL] THEY KILLED ME.

The snow around Viktor is trembling.

Juan Marcelo: [YELL] VIKTOR, MI AMIGO. NOOOOOOOOOOO.

Viktor Sanchez rummages through his bag with his good arm, slow and laboured. He's reaching in for the bottles of booze.

Junker-thing emerges from its short snow dive. The arms start to coil around Viktor's legs slowly. The monster hasn't attacked him because it recognizes a wounded animal: its carefully wrapping feelers around him.

Booze. Fuel. Lighter. This was it. Sanchez was doing this his way. As his numb legs were sniffed, he began to pour everything he had over himself. "No putos- not like this." He's shivering with every word.

Viktor Sanchez: [WHISPER] I wanna die my way.

Junker-thing meets eye-level with Viktor. He smells gasoline. The tendrils come off of the man because the creature smells fear. It recognizes the threat: Jam's wailing from his stomach in a disgusting way.

Everything was coated in the thick, musky mixture of fuel, hard alchohol, and fear. Sanchez's face scrunched up as the banshee's scream washed over him. He began to thumb the flint on his zippo. Flick. Nothing. Flick. A spark. "Come on." He starts, voice dry.

Viktor Sanchez: [WHISPER] Do it.
Viktor Sanchez: [YELL] DO IT.

Junker-thing screams into Viktor, spitting flecks of bile. It snaps, diving into him maw-first: teeth clamp around his face as his lighter goes up. It sets them both aflame. Jam's head is bobbing above the mess and he's horrified. It's impossible to tell if he's in there. Viktor's pulled into the snow by the fiery-centipede and disappears.

"WE'RE GOING TO HELL TOGETHER PUTO." Are the last things Viktor screams before he's engulfed in a fireball. Whumpf. He screams all the way down into the snowy depths.

Here's an album too: http://imgur.com/a/mhW7a

Hoplite

send me $20
May 21, 2011
the screenshots i got weren't great, but here they are anyway. there's a couple nice ones in there from a storytelling perspective, like when poor joe fell off the roof during the daring escape.

Calhoun

atmospheric king
Jan 6, 2013
Identity
A group of us barricaded in the Security Tower and didn't see anything but reports and questioned sanity or each other and others, added to the paranoia till we finally saw it at the very end. Funny that the people hiding the entire time escaped and the two fighting the whole time didn't.

Was an awesome experience, good stuff.

blooregardo

goblin admin
HLNA Admin
Media Team
Jun 20, 2011
Identity
He/Him
the screenshots i got weren't great, but here they are anyway. there's a couple nice ones in there from a storytelling perspective, like when poor joe fell off the roof during the daring escape.

Ash was just trying to score a date with his cute co-pilot

that's all he wanted

siezta

Jul 2, 2016
Identity
to be fair Supersoup Supersoup , your character would have turned sooner or later

windows got bit by a thing in the movie, and started to turn :^)

this event looked incredible to be a part of, the screenshots alone certainly give off the atmosphere set by bennet and co. good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)