Event RR - Half-Life New America: Into The Wild

Raspberry

Banned
Dec 31, 2013
Server launches at 6PM EST today (Friday).

The server will not be in the full swing of events and s1/s2 being locked until Saturday morning. So you're still able to play the City till tomorrow.

Today will mainly be about setting the tone, providing the right atmosphere and allowing people who would like to set up/passive on their characters to do so.
There are not going to be any huge events today, any big 'plot' advances or anything of the sort.

Clothes WILL be available upon request, nobody needs to walk around in blue jumpsuits.

I'll answer any questions that I can, but no promises.

Henry Ryan

Zealot
Jun 21, 2019
Server launches at 6PM EST today (Friday).

The server will not be in the full swing of events and s1/s2 being locked until Saturday morning. So you're still able to play the City till tomorrow.

Today will mainly be about setting the tone, providing the right atmosphere and allowing people who would like to set up/passive on their characters to do so.
There are not going to be any huge events today, any big 'plot' advances or anything of the sort.

Clothes WILL be available upon request, nobody needs to walk around in blue jumpsuits.

I'll answer any questions that I can, but no promises.

I rember in another thread that gun ownership is sorta lose around that area due to the hords of well fucking everything xen and bandit related will that be shown off a bit more with this event?

Raspberry

Banned
Dec 31, 2013
I rember in another thread that gun ownership is sorta lose around that area due to the hords of well fucking everything xen and bandit related will that be shown off a bit more with this event?
People will be able to have guns out here yes. They're still technically illegal. You wouldn't want a scanner or a unit seeing you out shooting one, but if it's hung up over the ole' fireplace or locked away in a cabinet in the basement? I doubt you'll get any smoke for that.

Chad

Legend
Aug 12, 2012
Combine gona have to come and take my guns out of my cold dead American hands gosh darn it

pirate

nazi bastard
Sep 8, 2011
Keep in mind that by “guns are overlooked” we are talking about grandpa’s old double barrel you use to hunt game, not an M16.

Basic fudd guns are a fact of life in rural areas, rural cops don’t have any reason to give a shit if it’s some dinky old rifle or shotgun and you arent waving it around. Handguns are a big no for obvious reasons.

pirate

nazi bastard
Sep 8, 2011
For those who missed it...

There was an incident in the mine today! For reasons that aren't entirely clear, a group of miners got into a spat with a group of Rural Police units. The resulting bloodbath has resulted in a temporary shutdown of the mine and left Rib Creek in disarray.

Just when the town's future seemed most uncertain, the regrouped Rural Police units have seized the Mill in the center of the town, declaring their intent to restore order and bring the mine back online.

Tomorrow will decide if the sleepy town of Rib Creek bends the knee... or bites the hand.

By the way... the events of today were completely unscripted. That's just exactly how I like it. What happens next is literally in y'all's hands - we're just rolling with the punches.

Last edited:

pirate

nazi bastard
Sep 8, 2011
Into the Wild is concluding tonight at 8 PM CST. Hope everyone had fun!

As some of yall have guessed, this wasn't really an RR... it was a test-bed for Server 3, the Wilderness. This event let us explore a new model for S3 and gave us some field test data. We aren't quite ready to unleash it yet, but S3 will essentially be picking up where the RR left off. More information on that to come - it won't be long! If you have any feedback, please post it here. It will help us fine tune S3.

Outer resident characters will carry over from the RR - and many S3 maps will revolve around towns like Rib Creek & will include neutral outer residents just like the RR - so if you had unfinished business, don't fret! Existing characters from S1 and S2 will be allowed to make their way to S3 to mingle with them in the coming days. For now, enjoy the new S1 map. We've been hard at work making it pretty for y'all!

Dec 25, 2015
Had an absolutely fantastic time.

My only real concern is I feel like it may be one of those sorts of experiences that'll need regular oversight to keep the vibe ticking over and helping to portray the right level of Combine presence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)