Event RR - Half-Life New America: Into The Wild

pirate

nazi bastard
Sep 8, 2011
1602641567816.png

Welcome to Rib Creek, a small industrial town located about twenty miles from the walls of City 107.
Rib Creek is and always has been a mining town, founded in the late 1800s to serve the nearby iron mines.

The closest mine, officially designated Resource Extraction Site 107.11, was founded some time in the 1960s and continued to operate after the Combine assumed control of the region, now producing
small but vital quantities of raw iron for the regime's use. Rib Creek is now almost entirely dedicated to 107.11 as nature and un-nature have claimed the more distant mine complexes.

Life in Rib Creek is hard, not far removed from the days of the Wild West. The days are long, and if you don't work the mine, you work the mill, processing ore and getting it
ready to ship to 107's foundries. There's shared living quarters for about one hundred people, a bar, a hairdresser, and a few other necessities. Combine ration deliveries
don't always keep up with demand for food, so some folks have taken to hunting or maintaining victory gardens with their free time to make sure there's enough for everybody.

Other than when the trucks come to collect the ore, the ever-present automated scanner drones, and the occasional Rural Police patrol,
the Combine have little influence here. But the wilderness is untamed and teeming with danger - safety in numbers keeps people here.

Your character is an Outer Resident - assigned to live in this remote place, outside of the City's nurturing (or, some would say, crushing) walls, toiling in the iron mine. They may eventually be rotated out,
or they may die here. Nobody's ever really sure how long they'll stay, but most folks hope against hope they'll be selected for relocation to an Urban Center, like the nearby and recently revived City 107.

This weekend, we'll explore life beyond the city walls. We'll need Outer Residents, Rural Police units, and Xenians. The main servers will be temporarily locked to focus on this RR event. RSVP below.
Anyone with a Citizen character is free to make a new Outer Resident character. Anyone with a Metropolice character is free to participate as a Rural Police unit when needed. Xenians, do your thing.

New characters will have opportunities to carry over to regular play once the event concludes.

THIS WEEKEND 10/16-10/18

51.81.120.189:27016

Make sure you download the map.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 28, 2011
Will non-Union players have the opportunity to apply for Rural Police units or is it strictly set to those already in the CCA?

pirate

nazi bastard
Sep 8, 2011
Will non-Union players have the opportunity to apply for Rural Police units or is it strictly set to those already in the CCA?
Good question. I'll discuss with chico. For simplicity's sake I was just going to let anyone with a cop play a spinoff rural police character, slots are limited for this role due to the way they will be used. It will probably be a first come first serve basis when we put the call out for units.

pirate

nazi bastard
Sep 8, 2011
What's the verdict on vorts, both free and enslaved?
No free vorts, those are illegal and wouldn't be around here any more than they would be around in the city. Enslaved vorts work in the mine like anyone else. If you are already authed for an enslaved vort feel free to change your digits and play it as a fresh character for this event.

Sep 22, 2012
Second question, for xenians, since this is outside the city are we free to rock anything we are whitelisted, within reason of course, or are there any critters you want people to ask about first/outright black listed

pirate

nazi bastard
Sep 8, 2011
Second question, for xenians, since this is outside the city are we free to rock anything we are whitelisted, within reason of course, or are there any critters you want people to ask about first/outright black listed
Xenians are pretty much completely off the leash here but if an admin asks you to rein it in or wants to pull you for a specific role in a mini-event, you are beholden to them. Of course if you want to play a big deal xenian like a panthereye or a gonome or something you should check with the admin team to see if you can work it in to something that's already planned.

Henry Ryan

Zealot
Jun 21, 2019
Xenians are pretty much completely off the leash here but if an admin asks you to rein it in or wants to pull you for a specific role in a mini-event, you are beholden to them. Of course if you want to play a big deal xenian like a panthereye or a gonome or something you should check with the admin team to see if you can work it in to something that's already planned.
UNLEASH THE CHUM TOAD SWARM!

Sep 22, 2012
Its a tiny purple toad that can teleport people and things all over the place, including several hundred feet up in the air. You can bet its probably Rural Police's enemy number 1

Chad

Legend
Aug 12, 2012
nah I bet rural polices #1 enemy is some alien version of meth

can’t wait to recreate a scene of miners protesting for their rights just to be gunned down by the national guard- I mean the combine

Benji Dooble

Happily Married
Jun 1, 2015
Identity
Its a tiny purple toad that can teleport people and things all over the place, including several hundred feet up in the air. You can bet its probably Rural Police's enemy number 1
just don't touch it boom enemy defeated

uh oh i just put a milkcrate or barrel or bucket or trash can over it boom defeated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)