(Rebel's Ban Appeal)

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.

Rebel

New Blood
Jul 22, 2018
Name of character:
Rebel Boksamso/ “Locker”
Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:174308542
Original length of ban:
Perm
Time since ban:
6months
Who banned you:
Unknown
Reason for original ban:
Character swep transferring/fail rp(something along those lines)
Proof(If Applicable):
Not needed
Reason for unban:
Hello again, I’ve posted more stuff in this section then I would’ve liked to but here we are. I’ll explain in detail about my ban reasons as they titles themselves give no one justice. When I came back to the server I decided to attempt a shopkeeper RP/Gunsmith/QM type character. So to “maximize” my inventory I did what I saw QM’s do, I made blank chars called “lockers” with the sole purpose to store my guns. In hindsight this was a ill thought of action as I know item transfering is not allowed however I thought if QM’s could do it I guessed the startup traveling merchant/ shopkeeper could make one also. What I did once this “Locker” character was created was just put as much as I could into him. Once I was done with that I was checking around the menus/shops that I had no idea on how they worked in depth since I had acquired some new money though multiple sales that day. I click on the “clothing” store or whatever the next similar option expecting to see a list of what I could buy once it fully purchased it. I was mistaken and then saw all the money I worked for that day go down the drain. So what I then did it my anxiety/panic frenzy after watching 90% of my money vanish (which honestly is the stupidest thing I did) was I walked into the empty QM and minge stole clothing and sold it in an attempt to “break even” since I still had debts to payoff. However I did this because I did not know at the time that staff had powers to give money/ take flags (I read some detailed forum posts that educated me about that), while no matter how I word what I did should never be acceptable. I made a rash decision without asking or looking around the forums for help. Also If I had known that staff could’ve helped me I would’ve never had the idea cross my mind as I felt like I was starting to gain momentum and maybe my trader niche would’ve worked out. Now onto the other thing the item transferring. My interpretation of that rule was to an extent, while I know transferring a XY47 from PVT John to PVT Doe is not allowed I used the reasoning that if QM’s did it and used the “locker” character for only holding stuff and not doing RP on it, but I now understand that the rule has Black&White enforcement and interpretation while I foolishly thought that their was some “grey room”. Honestly I know my lucky stars are numbered now however I’d be very grateful if I got the opportunity to come back as the Terminator RP has been the one unique gem server I always come back to while others are contemporary and fizzle out within the months. And I also have ambitions if I come back to engage in further RP such as possibly starting up my own group if I’m allowed.

LolMan

TRP Admin
Jun 10, 2016
Honestly, the chances of TRP having any meaningful population in the near future is slim, beyond RRs or temporary spikes.

But, 6 months is enough time to think about your actions and learn from them, especially in this context. Provided you're ready to treat the server with a new mindset, I don't see why you shouldn't be given another chance.

Maybe someone who witnessed the scenario can make a better judgement than me, but those are just my thoughts.

Nat Attack

Legend
Dec 28, 2014
Typically item transferring is really just a, "Yeah mate don't do it again or next time you're not getting unbanned." I don't know your history but if that was your only offense then you've likely got nothing to be worrying about.

just dont be a mong

Deadeye

TRP Admin
May 21, 2011
unless someone comes out with evidence proving you're literally the anti-christ, then you're fine with me

dont do it again or you'll be banned again, etc

Chad

TRP Admin
Aug 12, 2012
courier new red text with black background..... my eyes

anyways, item transferring is pretty serious but usually we resolve it by letting people come to the forums and owning up to it

as for the main server it hasn't been active for half a year now, we've just wrapped up a weekend RR in Siberia that seemed to spark some newfound interest in the setting. we aren't planning on revisiting that until at least november though, so if you are unbanned expect that to be the soonest you could realistically get back on and have other people to interact with.

i'm fine with you coming back just keep in mind if you're caught item transferring again it'll be another instant permaban without a chance to appeal.

Rebel

New Blood
Jul 22, 2018
courier new red text with black background..... my eyes

as for the main server it hasn't been active for half a year now, we've just wrapped up a weekend RR in Siberia that seemed to spark some newfound interest in the setting. we aren't planning on revisiting that until at least november though, so if you are unbanned expect that to be the soonest you could realistically get back on and have other people to interact with.
As long as their is another person on TRP it will never be a dull one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)