Rain unban 2

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfangor

Zealot
TRP Admin
May 21, 2011
Posted for Rain since he is forum banned.

Name of character: Pvt. Shane Morgan
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:80452972
Original length of ban: Permaban
Time since ban: 5 months
Who banned you: Bungo
Reason for original ban: Reverting back to past behavior. You were given several occasions to shape up and behave
Proof(If Applicable):
Reason for unban:

Hello TnB. This is Rain. I am here to apologize. Back in May, I was permanently banned on the Terminator RP server and the forums. I have in the time since then reflected on my behavior and would like to say sorry for all the dumb and stupid things I did on the server. I messed around and was unserious, and I also stooped down to others level when people were unserious around me.

In the time I have been gone, I have missed the server and the community. I have come to realize I really liked being a part of it. You guys were helpful and made my day often. Even gave me tips on what to do in life. You guys made me feel like I belonged most of the time.

I am a year older now, I'm still dumb and mess up a lot, but I would really appreciate another chance, or even just for the ban to be shortened by a few months.

While I have been gone, I have made a shortlist of people I would like to thank. Like Abaddon, Mother and Scumbo for giving me a chance to be a terminator. Bennet for giving me a chance when I made trouble. Also, Dave for making the server.

To finish, I would like to apologize to Bungo specifically. I wish I could turn the time back on things I said and did there.

I miss you guys alot. Thank you, Rain

Sweetness

pretty girl
Dec 16, 2014
I think people busted the kid's balls a lot and encouraged some of his bad behavior. I've seen it first hand .

We've given people second chances for worse, and I'm assuming he's a teenager or a couple years younger than most of us. He's had chances before, sure, but he's waited five months and I think that's fair enough personally. You should probably take this with a grain of salt considering I can't exactly remember what he was banned for five months ago. I'm assuming it's the standard stuff like being a minge or something.

Anyway, I think he's probably just a younger teenager that hasn't quite grasped the concept of server etiquette and writing characters yet. They tend to fuck up a lot and I was no different when I first got here, but that's just my pitch. If I found out he did something drastically different than what I'm assuming I'd probably switch my answer.

pvt. bing 'b' bing?

sopping wet
TRP Admin
Oct 4, 2015
No from me.

He's been unpermabanned with the same results after a long break, nothing is going to change. If there is change, it's going to be for a couple months and then he'll revert back to what he was doing before.

I'm still dumb and mess up a lot
That also doesn't really convince me, and a year away won't change things with how severe your meltdowns / attacks on people were.

Edit; to give an idea to why he was perma banned the first time, it was by Dave because he bothered Dave too much. I can’t think of anyone else who has worn Dave’s patience for them so thin he perma banned them. It wasn’t any better the second time around either.

Last edited:

Disorder

Zealot
Nov 14, 2012
I've had firsthand experience with Rain and he seemed to be an alright dude that actually tried to abstain and improve himself. The biggest issue, as specified above was that some people were taunting and ostracizing him constantly, knowing that he was a ticking bomb and it was innevitable that he was going to explode. I don't remember the names of the people otherwise I would call them directly here, considering they were directly responsible for how the end result happened.

I think we should try and understand him, give him a last chance but monitor closely. He doesn't have ill or toxic intend, he just is easy to push around the edge which is kind of normal for teenagers and thestosterones boiling in their body, we've all been through that.

Enraged

Mana Addict
TRP Admin
Jan 26, 2018
As true as it is that people egged him on he still continued the behavior even after everyone else stopped.
There's a pretty large disconnect between what he looked like in the public eye and what the administration at the time had to deal with on the day to day. There were constant complaints from players about him and he had a seriously bad habit of trying such benign roleplay that it would ruin the experience for others constantly. On top of that he wouldn't take advice on how to improve to heart.
My main reason for being against his unban is because this community doesn't seem like a conducive environment for his mindset and personality. It's been a little under five months since he was banned from the community and it's doubtful that the cycle of him falling into those habits won't happen again.

Zombiedude101

Zealot
TRP Admin
May 26, 2011
I'm inclined to agree that I don't think rain is a malicious player like some of the other examples we've had before, but he's demonstrated a clear problem that he hasn't sufficiently improved upon.

Right now? I'm against lifting the ban for the reasons Enraged stated above but a few more months - early next year perhaps, on the condition he is kept on a short leash.

Last edited:

Sweetness

pretty girl
Dec 16, 2014
If he doesn't behave, then you can ban him again just as fast. If he wants to stay, he'll know that this is more than likely his last chance and hopefully that'll influence his decisions.

Elfangor

Zealot
TRP Admin
May 21, 2011
Posting for Rain again.

"All I’m want is the ban to be reduced for now"

Snaparoni

TRP Admin
Dec 15, 2014
How many times do we have to use the ‘it’s been so long!’ excuse before we realize sometimes it’s not worth the bother?

This is only a half-joke. But we've gone through this formula so many times, and if Rain has already had this chance given and spoiled it, I don't see the point in rolling the dice and seeing where it lands again- if it only has given headaches before.

At most, I'm willing to lower the ban like Zombie mentioned. Even if they were 'egged' on, that doesn't change some of the other ways they conducted themselves.

Last edited:

Broly

Jul 16, 2019
I wasn't there when Rain was perma'd so I don't know the full story but from when I saw him like others have said he had some of the traits that got him banned in the first place such as being mingy but I still saw him trying to improve and I know that alone isn't a reason for an unban but the fact that Rain keeps getting perma'd and coming back each time makes me think he does like this server for example if he was a borderline minge I'm pretty sure he would of gotten the message. So I think if the ban was lowered (Maybe to like a month or two Idk) Someone could take the time to talk to Rain about all the things he did wrong and if that doesn't change him it's an easy ban since most admins would be keeping an eye on him, but that's just what I think again I don't know the full story to what got him banned the second time.

Polioman

Mar 14, 2018
I remember the clear reason of why you got banned and I can truly tell that it would be very unlikely for your ban to be lowered. You were greedy and an extreme annoyance when you were restricted ooc chat. You resorted to using the admin chat to spool out all of what you wanted to say that then annoyed the admins. So I would say that you need to take a very long look and know what you did wrong.

And if not now then think on it when your older.

Mongoose

Has absolutely no life
TRP Admin
Jun 6, 2011
This man made fun of my ethnicity, I dont like racism
And
No
From
Me
As the other Asian at TNB, I agree. Sorry buddy, you fucked up. TRP is probably the most chill of all RP servers, but we don't do that shit here.

Enraged

Mana Addict
TRP Admin
Jan 26, 2018
After what the admins posted in here and what was talked about behind the curtains we're denying this ban appeal.
We're not saying he's never allowed to come back but he definitely needs more time away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)