Questions about roleplaying religious figures in rp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polioman

Legend
Mar 14, 2018
Do we have to be genuine with our roleplay when rping a religious figure like a priest or a monk of some sort?

Desrat456

Sep 22, 2012
No one wants a repeat of the shit that got turned into a copy pasta.

Just don't make your religious character a bloody meme.

Polioman

Legend
Mar 14, 2018
Please do not think that everything I post is a fast thread. That is a vast misconception of myself and a very wrongful portrayal of my characteristics.

Puffin

Media Team
Jan 8, 2016
well if you're being serious, the greatest offense you can do to a person of faith is portray their religion in a satirical light. There's a reason why even comics tread a thin line when it comes to portraying religiousness, even with jokes. While the internet tends to be pretty secular, faith can be a great outlet in many avenues of rp for character building, even if it isnt a central theme of your character. Communalism, which spirituality focuses heavily upon can dictate a character's belief beyond just their religion as well. For example, your character could have a looser interest in commodities and physical goods, while focusing more on the spiritual connection to their community.

That being said, there's only been a select few religious characters at tnb. They've been real winners though.

blooregardo

padre gringo
HLNA Admin
Media Team
Jun 20, 2011
well if you're being serious
he's not being serious. the answer to his question is typically covered in the rules for different servers and settings and polio's been around long enough to have an iota of sense even if he pretends not to.

moved to meat smoker

wewlad

Mar 29, 2020
Do we have to be genuine with our roleplay when rping a religious figure like a priest or a monk of some sort?
I was pretty genuine with Fr. Dupont and the Knights Hospitallers. Louis was not a fighter by any means, and more focused on healing the physical and mental traumas accustomed to the average citizen living under a ruthless dictatorship. Didn't mean others weren't armed, but it was basically for self defense and such. I had more fun playing as him and building a church community than I do playing the average rebel freedom fighter.

Polioman

Legend
Mar 14, 2018
I was pretty genuine with Fr. Dupont and the Knights Hospitallers. Louis was not a fighter by any means, and more focused on healing the physical and mental traumas accustomed to the average citizen living under a ruthless dictatorship. Didn't mean others weren't armed, but it was basically for self defense and such. I had more fun playing as him and building a church community than I do playing the average rebel freedom fighter.
Did you make your character less about the action and more about one with a peace of mind sort of style? I was wondering of trying it like that but then was quite confused from wondering if it would damage my roleplay ability with a character made to be so peaceful. I am very inexperienced with such a thing. Do you have any guides for this sort of thing that I can follow up on?

blooregardo

padre gringo
HLNA Admin
Media Team
Jun 20, 2011
Alright im just going to cut to the chase - Whoa nice try actually im going to back track. this isn't going to be a pretty job offer thats spell checked and stuff. my mind is moving so fast right now I can barely think and thats not my problem its your problem. learn to decode this message and youre in. Iam in a situation where my best bub (my buddy ol' pal) and I are such good friends that we don't talk anymore - want to destroy eachothes lives - and thats just so exciting. Basically - we have a bet where we won't talk for 3 years but we will meet in Omaha Nebraska in 2022 at 12:00 at the Mariott. can you imagine that? im too antsy to handle a deadline like that. this is the same guy I mailed dog crap to back in the day and have pulled off some legendary pranks together. hold on im going to make a coffee... if you want you can go brain dead until im back thats cool....(10 min later) ok im back. so folks, I need an intervention and here we have arrived at gate52 where we are now boarding for chimichanga airlines to basically destroy my best bud in the prank of a lifetime. All aboard the psycho express. Last call, offer stands for 24 hours. details are as follow if you pass inspection. Ok so here's how this works. Im going to basically describe the person im looking for explained through the mentality they should have with a bit of an example here and there. none of this is coherent. its completely decoded and if you find a way to text me on this then you get my number, holy mama you got the job probably after some interview thereafter and I decide if I like you or not. its kind of like mine sweeper except the bomb that goes off is the silent one where you never find me. below is the example - keep reading one bite at a time Charlie.

Hold on the people that just read that and got excited are missing the point here. Im looking for pretty much a multi dimensional psycho thats looking to break away from the mold they were given at birth. enough with the waking up in the morning and the sleeping at the night. what about the opposite for no reason at all? enough with the ordering of the lattes? ever woken up and faked your own death for a change? ever just gotten a iced coffee in the winter and just completely smashed it in your face to get the liquid out instead of using a straw while standing at grand central at 3am? its time to make moves folks. Instead of being that person who floors the break (yes I know thats the incorrect spelling, relax its on purpose - the person that said something about the spelling automatically just lost the job offer) at a yellow maybe just do the ol' stand up on the throttle in stone cold stomp down 3:16 mode. Im looking for someone unique here. its the person that orders 10 chicken nuggets and never counts how many they got hoping they got ripped off. thats the kind of person that gets screwed over in life on repeat full blast mode and just knows how to take it and move on. its a curb stomp but you get back up. I don't care if you are 1 legged, 1 eyed, and ate your pet dog, I just need you to go out and cyber slam my friend and execute this prank for me.

Maybe this is paid, maybe its not, I have no clue. maybe you just want a change and wanna find out who you are for once and go out and do this thing. maybe you'll fly out to prank him per the blue prints of this prank that I have crafted masterfully and get stuck in prank nation bc your prankport expired and never get out (best case scenario how ya doin?) or youll fly out and get abducted by a kamikaze and turned into a fruit roll up. bottom line is if youre paying attention that I might cover basic costs. youre not making money out of this deal so walk away now. its the opportunity of a lifetime though. if youre the person that doesn't know how to mix your milkshake using your lawn mower on high power and then get off the grid for once in your life then don't come near me. consider this elite training for the CIA and life in general. come to papa and learn how the world worx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)