Public Donation Thread

War Machine

THE IRON BANK
Apr 15, 2015
Ok, so I have really no idea on what to donate for, I really do not want player models but I will if requested but I feel as if it will only service a few people instead of to where clothing will be available toward every character along with weapons. We need more Soviet-era weapons, the one thing I hate about HL2 was when everyone had a fully automatic 5.56 rifle or better and it might as well just be Terminator, anyways I was thinking like PPSH Drum Mags or Tech9's or pipe weapons along with some clothing, but I will hear what everyone has to say.

So, post here on what you want and I will make it happen if that's what we feel as a community would help enhance the experience of this new iteration of HL2.

(Edit) Keep in mind it is a few weeks out so we got some time but I am ready when around 4-5 hundred worth of items has been reached I will donate everything at once. So whenever we can fill it I will send it, now I would like to send it all to Tanknuts patreon but for all the items it is not just Tank (Though it will al go through the panel), Dave does have to do work on it as well. However on launch I am going to send Tank a nice gift through the patreon on top of it all. I think in total a fair number of items will be 8 in total so just think of what you want and post pictures or links to items or just ideas either or isn’t fine.

(Public Items List: )

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2015
Factor in when tech ended. Late Soviet era weapons are the go for those scripts. AK-74Ms and the 100 series, SAIGAs and Mosins. As time goes on and the Union's more established I'd imagine more and more NATO weapons would be phased in.

sneezing slug

magic mollusk
Nov 30, 2015
I wouldn't gun for rebel stuff just yet. With the opening focus of the server being set on the citizens for the most part (with the CCA and CA respectively playing their roles) and no real organized resistance kicking off immediately I'd actually say go for generic clothing to get the quickest bang for your buck as well as the largest impact.

Different colors of citizen uniforms. You remember those green ones we had last iteration? What if we had a red-ish one to go with it? What about different kinds of coats with citizen clothing underneath? St. Petersburg is a bit further north, imagine how cold it must get sometimes.

Short sleeve, long sleeve. Hell, go the whole nine yards and get variants of clothing that might be dirty-looking; caked with ash or dirt.

People have already mentioned glasses. How about different kinds of hats? All we had were those stocking hat/beanies last iteration.

Bonus points if you convince @TankNut to let us walk around with our briefcases as actual hand-held items (that could even be used as a melee weapon....)

Miguh

Zealot
Aug 13, 2016
Guns are for nerds.

I want to see more clothes for citizen, especially new headgear choices like caps, flat-caps, glasses, also new shirts and pants, too.

Oct 28, 2015
Honestly what about some props?

Seriously more props fitting the Russian aesthetic would help when you're setting up a building or work area. Old Soviet metal crap, yada yada.

sneezing slug

magic mollusk
Nov 30, 2015
rebel stuff is sure cool but I think the idea is to keep the resistance more grassroots for the time being when shit actually begins to kick off.

leave military gear behind I say

War Machine

THE IRON BANK
Apr 15, 2015
rebel stuff is sure cool but I think the idea is to keep the resistance more grassroots for the time being when shit actually begins to kick off.

leave military gear behind I say
This is why I made this thread, if we had it my way there would end up being watt weapons day one. No not really but I probably would just do vests and guns, I really do wanna do citizen clothing variants, I wonder if @Davebrown would make me a good deal on a variety pack, because at 60$ a model we won’t go far even at 8-10 models.

sneezing slug

magic mollusk
Nov 30, 2015
I'm super serious about a briefcase SWEP btw not only is that incredibly immersive to be able to hold your briefcase out but also the ability for citizens to use their briefcases as a blunt weapon when push comes to shove feels like it would be really cool.

sneezing slug

magic mollusk
Nov 30, 2015
I would also like to see some cool stuff for the CCA as well.
Is there anything of use that the CCA could have that wouldn't feel out of place or isn't going to exist at some point already?

I suppose if you really wanted you could donate for each squad to have its own in-game armband color and the CCA uniforms would be "JUDGE Uniform + Gear", "UNION Uniform + Gear" or something.

Drewerth

nothing stops MY roleplay
Nov 15, 2014
Head items have to be present on your model as a headgroup much like the old HL2. You'll have to sacrifice an existing item like your bandana, gasmask, or beanie if you want a special head.

Exosuits aren't a thing in HL2 so donating for a special and global head like TRP pilots helmets aren't a good idea.

sneezing slug

magic mollusk
Nov 30, 2015
Head items have to be present on your model as a headgroup much like the old HL2. You'll have to sacrifice an existing item like your bandana, gasmask, or beanie if you want a special head.

Exosuits aren't a thing in HL2 so donating for a special and global head like TRP pilots helmets aren't a good idea.
Just because there isn't any exosuits doesn't mean that the equip slot for it can't be implemented for things like that.

I'd rather have a deal of choices without having to get an individual model to represent something so minor. Glasses, scarves, cigarettes should be all-encompassing.

Drewerth

nothing stops MY roleplay
Nov 15, 2014
Just because there isn't any exosuits doesn't mean that the equip slot for it can't be implemented for things like that.

I'd rather have a deal of choices without having to get an individual model to represent something so minor.
Your best bet isn't to donate for something that has no priority in the script's future development is all I'm saying. In the future, maybe, but hold your breath on it for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)