Post your RP [TRIGGERS]

Symmetry

Kwisatz Haderach
May 21, 2011
We all have them. Those things you encounter on server that make you want to hide in the safety of your elitist hugbox. Those deplorable habits in other players that make you cringe.

Here's the thread to air out some dirty laundry, and post about what bugs you on-server. Please keep the examples fairly general and not specific to certain players or groups, we wouldn't want anyone getting OFFENDED around here.

I'll start:

1. People who type emotes in the past tense. Don't do this. I understand that sometimes it can be more pleasant to read actions in the past tense, such as they're usually done in novels, and that this might be some sort of deranged appeal to "properness". But regardless, the action on the servers occurs very solidly in the PRESENT tense, and as such most players type their emotes in present tense. This is the biggest reason that it bugs me, in that typing in past tense is deliberately going against a well established status quo, and makes the chatbox messy and hard to follow. Don't step on other people's toes just because you have a preference to do it one way. It's rude as fuck, and triggers me hard.

THREE CLAPPING HANDS OUT OF FIVE

2. Characters w-who s-s-speak l-like this... i-in some b-buh-b-braindead attempt t-to s-seem v-v-vulnerable and... Just fucking stop. Mild stuttering CAN add a small dose of nervous flavour to a character's dialogue, but when it's done with the (often creepy) purpose of playing a helpless waif, it's only awkward and cringey. If you really must play this sort of character (we all know the type) you're better off putting an ounce of effort into the way the character acts through emotes, rather than obnoxiously hamming it up.

TWO CLAPPING HANDS OUT OF FIVE

3. Adding tildes to the end of your character's dialogue to appear "cute" or singsongy~. Fuck. That. It's lazy for the same reasons mentioned in #2, but with the added embrassment of being overly saccharine with the intention of presenting a perverted image of childish feminity. Don't do it.

FIVE CLAPPING HANDS OUT OF FIVE. TRIGGERED.

4. Characters who use twitter slang or memes. I don't give a fuck if the setting is "modern". This is a tacky and shitty thing to do in any situation. You're not funny, you're not contributing anything meaningful, and if anything, all you're doing is exposing your character as an idiotic avatar. If I'm an admin on the server you're playing on and you do this, your stupid ass is getting banned with extreme prejudice, "fam".

FIVE CLAPPING HANDS OUT OF FIVE. TRIGGERED.

5. 6'7" | Muscular | Athletic | Probably Italian

Fuck you and your shitty cardboard cutouts. Your character is trash, and you're trash.

TWO CLAPPING HANDS OUT OF FIVE

6. People who are extremely specific about the type of weapon or bullet caliber their character is using in emotes, to the point of cringing pedantry. No, it REALLY doesn't matter exactly what type of weapon your character is using in a given situation. Writing efficiently is about telling the reader what they need to know in the situation, and believe it or not, it's not necessary to expound on your stupid gun fetish when you're explaining that a weapon is being pointed, or even in some particularly bad cases simply held in the character's hands. This kind of writing is alienating to players who don't (and rightfully shouldn't) care about the exact specifics of the item being used, and only serves to show others that all you really give a shit about is guns. Imagine if we did this for the other implements our characters use:

**Jenn Lowry removes her Staedtler ProGlide™ 6mm gauge pen from her tactical pocket protector and signs the sheet in #191919 offblack ink.
Pretty stupid, isn't it? Bonus points if the emotes are totally bland too, and lack proper formatting or punctuation.

FOUR CLAPPING HANDS OUT OF FIVE

I'll be appending more items to this list as I think of them. Meanwhile, go ahead and post em.

[pictured: me playing on a tnb server at most given moments]​

KestrelBirdMan

Those who live in glass houses...
Mar 11, 2015
When people walk up into the middle of intense moments and actual roleplay and say something so incredibly stupid that the immersion is just fucking destroyed.

I.E. A characters emotional death being ruined by a random coming up and asking where a store is.

Vorti

monolith internet defense force
Jun 7, 2011
When Symmetry says you and him should finish this roleplay later, but he doesn't mean it.

It's kind of the same feeling as rolling over in the morning to the empty space where your one night stand left about an hour ago without a word.

Smiffy Bagels

cisphobic
Jun 17, 2011
Enterprising in an austere dystopian/apocalyptic city/wasteland.

Spuriously contrived military backgrounds used only as an excuse to roleplay a martially capable character.

Characters being familiar with a setting and all its trappings within moments of arrival.

Not using a tilde when you clearly intend to typefuck me.

Smiffy Bagels

cisphobic
Jun 17, 2011
People refusing to roleplay with you out of intimidation/perceived inadequacy or worse just on the principle that your vocabulary is too big and so you're a tool.

kiruclanz

Legend
Jul 30, 2011
1. as most of you know 'script-culture' triggers me 5/5 hands. destroy the scriptriarchy.

FIVE CLAPPING HANDS OUT OF FIVE

2. as smiffy said, people making all their characters master veterans of whatever setting theyre in

THREE CLAPPING HANDS OUT OF FIVE

3. when people make their characters white knights not because of their character's morals but because it makes their characters 'unique'

FOUR CLAPPING HANDS OUT OF FIVE

4. FUCKING TWO-PERIOD ELLIPSES EVERY FUCKING TIME I SEE SOMEONE USE TWO PERIODS FOR AN ELLIPSES INSTEAD OF THREE OR AT THE END OF A SENTENCE, FOUR, I GET SUPER FUCKING TIRGGERED BECAUSE IT'S BASIC FUCKING ENGLISH THAT HAS MADE ITS WAY INTO MEDIA AND HAS STAYED THAT WAY. TAKE YOUR TWO PERIODS AND SHOVE THEM UP YOUR FUCKING RECTAL CAVITY

THIRTY FUCKING CLAPPING HANDS OUT OF FIVE

Loser

Kink Doctor
Mar 9, 2015
Smiffy Bagels said:
Enterprising in an austere dystopian/apocalyptic city/wasteland.

Spuriously contrived military backgrounds used only as an excuse to roleplay a martially capable character.

Characters being familiar with a setting and all its trappings within moments of arrival.

Not using a tilde when you clearly intend to typefuck me.
hey there~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)