Please help LOONA!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nerdbird, Feb 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nerdbird

Nerdbird Educated Avian

United States
    [​IMG]
    LOONA has recently been back with their new, first comeback, Butterfly (X X) with a powerful message of women diversity which is rare to see in a conservative country like South Korea.
    What is LOONA, exactly? LOONA is a 12-member South Korean girl group (K-POP) that had an extensive pre-debut project which involved revealing each girl separately with their own solo song. This is true to their name which is translated into, "Girl of the Month". There are three sub-units spilt between the twelve girls, LOONA (1/3), Odd Eye Circle, and yyxy (Youth Youth by Young) where they travelled around the world to shoot their MV's.

Not to mention throughout their discography and music videos, it hints at a major story-driven alternate universe called the LOONAVERSE which deals with topics like, the mobius strip, biblical allusions, chess allusions, dimension jumping and even LGBT+ themes.

Sadly so far, their new album distributor, Kakao M, has poorly mistreated them and has fundamentally sabotaged them from getting their first win from music shows with help from their digital and physicals, a huge deal in K-POP,

Here's a thread that speaks about some of the issues that they've dealt with already with Kakao M.

There still could be a chance for them, their pre-voting for 'IDOL CHAMP' started which has 40% of the criteria for voting going towards pre-voting. This means that this week could be their only shot towards getting their first win before larger, more popular groups have their comebacks and the competition gets harsher.

[​IMG]
    As the tradition for K-POP idols goes, getting their first win on a domestic music show means that they'll get their phones back. But for LOONA, not only will they get their phones back, but they've also said that they'll get a week-long vacation to any country of their choice paid for by their company. I know you guys don't really care about K-POP and if you don't, that's fine. But, if you read this far and want to know how to help, here's how you can:

-Download the IDOL CHAMP app and sign up there. Here's a tutorial on how to get started, here.

You'll be looking for this icon:
    [​IMG]

-If you want to use the VPN so your vote counts for domestic, which weighs more in the voting, use this VPN instead: https://www.veilduck.com/

-If you don't want to do that but still want to help, go ahead and stream the Butterfly 'MV" on Youtube by watching it once or two, whatever you want.

LOONA has a unique concept among other K-POP groups and they have an enormous potential of being a famous group like BTS, but right now they are being harmed by their album distributor and their physical and digitals are suffering with no statement or apology from Kakao M about their unprofessionalism. If you have the spare time to help, go ahead. Thank you for reading!

If you have questions, feel free to ask me.

• Friendly x 5
    • Funny x 4
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. Kashaving

Kashaving Legend

United States
    who?

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. Nerdbird

Nerdbird Educated Avian

United States
    who the group is in the second paragraph! :)

4. nec

nec lemondog

Australia
    "yes, i 'stan loona', how could you tell?"
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Neurotic

Neurotic Senior Member

United States
    koreans copied jpop because they are uncreative

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Scouser

Scouser Senior Member

United Kingdom
    Attention, all K-Pop gamers. Loona is in great danger and they need your help to help win Idol Champ! But to do this they needs your votes and a couple of stans. To help them, all they need is your credit card number, the three digits on the back and the expiration month and year. But, you gotta be quick. So that Loona can secure the vacation and achieve the epic victory royale!

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Nerdbird

Nerdbird Educated Avian

United States
    in case you couldn’t tell, this is serious for me and id really appreciate it if you could take it a bit seriously and not make jokes about my interests because i already had my other thread about loona deleted because of stuff like this and i felt stupid for talking about it

• Friendly Friendly x 7
  8. Kashaving

Kashaving Legend

United States
    alright get ic guys im the only one allowed to shitpost

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
  9. dougal

dougal low effort

United States
    Just a reminder that K-pop is propaganda funded by the South Korean government

I'll watch the video tho so they can see what life is like on the outside and get their phones back :d

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • ...what? ...what? x 1
  10. Decepti

Decepti 1992

United States
    maybe in the 60s when they were mass murdering suspected communists, but wasnt there a huge scandal recently concerning president park geun-hye's connection to a female/feminist cult that led to them to having to resign :luigi:

also i wouldnt necessary call the country KPOP originates from conservative

this man speaks the truth

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Nerdbird

Nerdbird Educated Avian

United States
    we’re all exposed to propaganda everyday whether you’re aware of it or not

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. snuggles

snuggles jimmy flanagan 1985

United Kingdom
    why you all gotta be like this

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Helios

Helios Legend

United Kingdom
    if you dont like it then dont read it, its not that hard

white people retarde

• Dumb Dumb x 8
    • ...what? ...what? x 4
    • Gay Gay x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Polioman

Polioman Senior Member

Canada
    What in god's name is this. I am so lost to the original that I feel tuired

15. Newticus

Newticus (★★☆☆☆)
    Contributor

United States
    Gee, if you change some of the details it sounds like America.

• ...what? x 9
    • Agree x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Thinking x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  16. Ammo

Ammo Jason Killer does not exist....
    TRP Admin

United States
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  17. skitZ

skitZ they call me patch

United States
    what a bunch of dumbasses

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. kingryan

kingryan Legend

United States
    man, K-Pop is some capitalist stupid gay baby bullshit that's exploitative of it's genuinely talented performers, but you don't have to rag on Nerdbird for liking it, that's her thing.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  19. Decepti

Decepti 1992

United States

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ammo

Ammo Jason Killer does not exist....
    TRP Admin

United States
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. nec

nec lemondog

Australia
    yall
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 16
    • Agree Agree x 2
  22. Joboba Durtfeet

Joboba Durtfeet SIMPLY DELICIOUS

United Kingdom
    i think u made a mistake if u thought tnb would help a k-pop band

• Agree Agree x 8
  23. Pew

Pew wonga

United States
    :actsub:

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. Nerdbird

Nerdbird Educated Avian

United States
    yeah, i did i learned my lesson, just leaving it open so people can air it out

25. Scouser

Scouser Senior Member

United Kingdom
    im too used to be insulted for the things that i enjoy that i instinctively do it to others : (

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  26. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Zealot

United States
    nerdbird doesnt deserve to experience this petty forum-level cyberbullying how dare you all!!! :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  27. Pew

Pew wonga

United States
    thread should have stayed deleted, it just has unneeded vitriol that doesn't need to be seen on a fucking rp community, let alone while we are on the high of our new server which is bringing in new people

if you wanna keep the thread up, delete all the posts and lock it so its just nerdbirds post

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  28. Jon

Jon Legend

United Kingdom
    boy howdy the idea of fudging a voting system using vpns to send a popular k-pop band on an all expenses paid week long vacation to any country they want really appeals to me as an everyman :oog:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  29. DiBen

DiBen Legend

United States
    "thread should stay deleted because our members can't fucking control themselves"

ya'll gotta chill

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Newticus

Newticus (★★☆☆☆)
    Contributor

United States
    Sorry, let me explain. That was a dumb post and I deserve the ratings because I didn't convey my message effectively.

America also had a red scare in the 60's. There was a huge upswing of violence during the civil rights movement when black people wanted to be treated fairly.
    There's a current alleged connection between the president and foreign powers that actively disobey NATO constrictions, and he's backed alt-right movements that advocate for violence.
    I just find it a bit unfair that you guys are really going in on someone's music taste citing the South Korean government, but you were real quick to defend American artists that are convicted of multiple felonies or in the process of being charge with such-- especially considering the parallel in American history with South Koreans.

I get that KPop is exploitative to the people it employs, but so is the American entertainment industry and any hip-hop artist in America will tell you the same thing. Shit, man, didn't Kanye go off on some people because of this exact thing? @dougal

It's also worth noting that the article you posted just stated that South Korea played KPop at the border, which qualifies it as propaganda. If that's the only qualification, then The Red Hot Chili Peppers would also be American Propaganda because it was allegedly used to torture terrorists in the middle east.
    The 'propaganda' they're inciting relates entirely to their relation to North Korea and could be easily confused with the reciprocated exchange of cultures that both parties agreed to. The reason why KPop feels more like propaganda than American hip-hop is because American mainstream hip-hop is made, mostly, by minorities in America reflecting on the cultural problems of being a minority. It'd be a better comparison to say that modern country music is American propaganda in the same way the KPOP is Korean propaganda. I'd be inclined to agree with that, but even then I think it's relatively harmless, as it's just meant to call to mind the strengths of the culture.

This was supposed to just be a fun thread to help support someone's band that they're really passionate about. Can't we just get back to that?
    This thread is gonna' end up like the 4th of July thread all over again.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • ...what? ...what? x 1
  31. Nerdbird

Nerdbird Educated Avian

United States
    I don’t recommend using that method because of that reason, I voted as a international fan. LOONA has a decently-sized international fanbase anyways

32. toastmatic

toastmatic paranoid and delusional

peak aesthetic:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  33. Jon

Jon Legend

United Kingdom
    me watching the shitposting in this thread

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  34. Decepti

Decepti 1992

United States
    for me it's the old people's republic of korea flag
    [​IMG]

35. Scouser

Scouser Senior Member

United Kingdom
    wait so why do they have to give up their phones? is it like some big brother thing?

36. dougal

dougal low effort

United States
    yeah the music industry is generally exploitative i don't think it's just limited to SK - if anything it's just a pretty high key example of it. examples in america (that i can think of) include exploitative signing deals (like lil uzi not being able to put out his album cause of his label, and labels can just be like "release music" and the artists have to whether or not they want to)

the whole propaganda thing is more bc k-pop is funded by the sk government but by that same standard opera is american propaganda so dont listen to me lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  37. toastmatic

toastmatic paranoid and delusional

ok im setting a bad example but please don't shitpost too hard; yall can talk about your takes on kpop but i dont wanna sponsor these acts of imperialist memetic terror when the noble dprk is winning the culture war year by year

i stan kim yo-jung

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  38. Decepti

Decepti 1992

United States
    toast please my post was unironic i actually think the old people's republic of korea flag is beautiful (even if people do somehow find a way to connect it to 80s pepsi patterns)

• Informative Informative x 1
  39. Newticus

Newticus (★★☆☆☆)
    Contributor

United States
    it's a bit early in kpop's development as a musical taste to expect independent artists to be able to make it without the exploitative measures that their music industry uses
    shit, it's only recent that we've seen the meteoric rise of independent artists in america, and that's likely on account of the increased prevalence of digital streaming.

i'd probably enjoy kpop if it didn't feel so polished, so when the independent kpop scene pops up ring me

40. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    When gang said hed invest in stuff other than shoutbox i didnt think this is what he had in mind

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.