1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picwhore Thread - v4

Discussion in 'Media Section' started by Decibelle, Oct 19, 2015.

1. hawkeye

hawkeye Zealot

United States
    despite what most might think tnb people can have a social life IMG_0519.JPG

• Optimistic Optimistic x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. shotcopper 9000

shotcopper 9000 Dead Soul

Australia
    but not good taste in beverages apparently.............

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
  3. hawkeye

hawkeye Zealot

United States

maaannn im on a budget

i cant drink makers mark all day every day

4. kingryan

kingryan Senior Member

United States
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Symmetry

Symmetry Kwisatz Haderach

Canada
    attn tnb: stop posting photos of friends/family/SOs in this thread...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. FervensPb

FervensPb Legend

[​IMG]

• Funny x 13
    • Friendly x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  7. Symmetry

Canada
    stop

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  8. CosmicCommander

CosmicCommander silly facker

United Kingdom
    Alright, I give in. You can finally have a GIF.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Sneezing Slug

RR Moderator

[​IMG]

inb4 my phone turns this image sideways

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  10. Nathan

Nathan Zealot secretly likes afrojack

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my boy @Turkey pulling a fast one while I'm in cyberspace

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. blooregardo

blooregardo padre gringo
    HL2 Admin

United States
    i'm comfortable with my perpetually exhausted research chemical dealer aesthetic
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Smiffy Bagels

Smiffy Bagels cisphobic

United States
    when are you going to smile?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  13. RGB

RGB I am not a bot
    RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    He is smiling

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. blooregardo

blooregardo padre gringo
    HL2 Admin

United States
    hard to smile when I'm so profoundly disappointed in every last one of you

• Agree x 3
    • :( x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Artistic x 1
  15. popo

popo Zealot
    HL2 Admin

United States

Yoo. Lookin for 2C-E. Got the scoop?

16. adderall

HL2 Admin

United States
    I support Blooregardo.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Fez

Fez quan sensei

United States

18. SweetandSour

SweetandSour loveable sweetheart

[​IMG]
    Good Boy

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. RGB

RGB I am not a bot
    RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    Thank you for the good boy he may or may not have been used to make a dog picture just now

• ...what? ...what? x 5
  20. FervensPb

FervensPb Legend

Your dog looks like Scooby doo

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  21. SweetandSour

Dude if I had a nickel for every time I heard he looks like scooby doo.

22. Anri

Anri stellar citizen
    Contributor

Germany
    but is he scooby doo

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Snuggles

Snuggles придурка, патриот

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. valerstein

valerstein brotherman randy

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  25. _Vintricus

_Vintricus Zealot

United States
  26. Duaine The Rock

Duaine The Rock schween suckler

United States
    breed?

27. dougal

dougal low effort

United States
    scooby doo

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Symmetry

Canada
    Pitbulls are murder dogs.

• Disagree x 8
    • ...what? x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Informative x 3
    • Dumb x 3
    • Optimistic x 1
  29. Jon

Jon Zealot

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. SweetandSour

This.

We were told Pharaoh Hound/ German Shepard mix but we are thinking there is some pit-bull in him. I know pits get a bad rep but he is a sweetheart. He thinks he is a lapdog and wants to cuddle most of the time.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  31. Snuggles

Snuggles придурка, патриот

United Kingdom
    pits get bad rep because they're good fighting dogs

• Agree Agree x 2
  32. Decepti

Decepti 1992

United States
  33. Fez

Fez quan sensei

United States
    im buying a pitbull to sic on you

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • ...what? ...what? x 1
  34. TOMKEG1

TOMKEG1 terrible tastes in anime

United States
    objectively the best dogs are boxers.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • ...what? ...what? x 1
  35. Duaine The Rock

Duaine The Rock schween suckler

United States
    [​IMG]
    malinois you mean

36. RGB

RGB I am not a bot
    RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    People seem confused, I meant this

[​IMG]

• Artistic Artistic x 1
  37. Symmetry

Canada
    Maybe I need to clarify what I said about pitbulls...

Pitbulls are a breed of dog that's been bred to fight, and bred to bite. Hard. It's no fault of the animal that they're conditioned this way, but they have an instinct to bite and maul that cannot be overridden with good training. It doesn't help that pitbull owners are frequently abusive assholes, or in complete denial of the dangerous qualities of their breed. In my opinion, nobody should really own them at all. The risk is too big, and they're responsible for an OVERWHELMING majority of dog attacks.

I also have lots of anecdotal experience informing my opinion. When I was a kid I saw one shred a cat to pieces, my own dog has been attacked by one, and just recently one of my family's cats was killed by a friend's pitbull that was with him while visiting the house.

There's no two ways around it. They're bred to kill. They're murder dogs. And they can all fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

e. also they're ugly af

• Agree x 4
    • Informative x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • ...what? x 2
    • :( x 1
    • Funny x 1
    #5637 Symmetry, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  38. RGB

RGB I am not a bot
    RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    I have a pitbull mix, my dad has a proper pitbull, and it's the most common dog breed in my county by an overwhelming majority in recent years, especially with a very specific type of person.

The dogs can be very very boisterous and prone to acting flighty, fighty, aggressive, and being hard to control. They're a very popular dog breed where I live and i can say with firsthand experience that these dogs are purposefully made to be more aggressive, larger, and treated generally pretty poorly by a very large amount of people. They tend to fit into a very specific category of dog owner and I bet you can imagine what they're like so I don't really need to elaborate.

My own dog isn't particularly violent at all but extremely excitable, and the way she looks makes people scared she will bite because of that. She's very mouthy and that makes it all the worse, because I know there's still that bred-in tendency to go too far, so I keep her on a tight leash when I go out with her. If you get a dog like this that has a stigma you can't clamp your hands over your ears and go "la la la the dog is lovely I can't hear you" you HAVE to rise up to that responsibility and crack down on training, behaviour, and keeping an eye on your dog.

My dad's dog totally fucks up the stereotype though, because she's incredibly well-trained, and incredibly passive. He doesn't own a dog lead, he literally doesn't need one. He's like a magician with how calm and well-behaved he has that dog. I cannot for the life of me understand how or why beyond the fact that she was a rescue from a much worse home, but I do know she's very much the opposite of any other pit I've seen, because they are dangerous if not treated properly, if not trained well.

Like Sym said. Literally bred to kill, so you train them well or you don't get one.

• Agree Agree x 4
  39. Newticus

Newticus New Blood
    Contributor

United States
    I can't not post a rant. I'm so sorry. There'll be a tl;dr at the bottom and a picture of my own puppy to compensate.

Let me preface this by saying that most, if not all all of my experience is practical and applied.
    I have not studied extensively on the topic, nor do I have a degree of any sort. My opinion is just as valid as anyone else.
    I frequently volunteer at a shelter with a high number of large dogs known for being 'violent breeds', and have worked with many pit-bulls, dobermans, rottweilers, etc.
    I personally own a German Shepherd/Siberian Husky mix that is rather wolf-like in appearance, and he and I do IPO (aka police dog sport stuff).

I'm personally very passionate about this subject because I firmly believe that there are no bad dogs, just bad, wrong, or inexperienced owners.When I first got my puppy, I took him everywhere with me. He's my emotional support animal, and I had just had a string of suicide attempts at the time. I love this dog like no other. When I was walking him back from a haircut one day while he was probably five months old, we crossed the street and walked past this nice old lady and her pit-mix. I said hello to her, she returned the gesture. Atlas, my puppy, was entirely disinterested in her pit because there was a few blades of grass that he had not sniffed yet. Regardless, her dog decided that mine had done something to warrant an attack, so he tried to bite him. I didn't have time to do anything but put my leg out in front and block my dog, and I received a very light bite to my leg. I quickly handed Atlas' leash to my girlfriend, and helped the lady regain control of her dog. It could've likely pulled her up and down the street if it wanted to. She should never have owned a dog like that.

What happened was not that dog's fault, and I was not mad at the dog. I was mad at the woman.
    Pit bulls, along with many other breeds of dogs, exhibit a very high prey drive. They see something smaller than them, and instinct tells them to chase and ultimately kill. This isn't something that's special to pit bulls, and I'm sure quite a few cats have died to a number of these breeds. The fault falls to the owner of the dog for neither training it out of them nor providing proper housing/containment, and that's where the majority of the problem with pit bulls lie. They're usually owned by a demographic of people who want their dog to be vicious. A perfect example is rapper DMX. He owned a pit bull 12 pit bulls, and he liked to show off how violent and bloodthirsty it was. He was eventually arrested because he was running an underground dog-fighting ring. (Reuters, 2007) (I didn't even know he was arrested for this until I started writing. I just know that he's the kind of person I'm talking about, and it goes to prove my point even better.) These kinds of people are fucking worthless braindead scumfuck bastard pile of trash mental dickfaces that should be gunned down in the streets like the degenerates they are. Sadly, in my experience, this is the majority of the people who own problem pit bulls. The other group of problem people are those who don't understand exactly how much work goes into training a dog like that. It's fucking obscene. Atlas is a mild-mannered, AKC certified K9 good citizen, and I've had to get help from people with PhD's in animal behavior to kick some of his bad habits. You truly cannot understand how difficult it is to train a high-drive dog like this if you've never done it before. If you do not constantly stay on the ball and correct literally every single mistake they make, they will trample all over you.

The worst part is that there's no way to learn how to deal with a dog like this without just kinda... doing it. You can only really learn from experience. It's impossible to learn from experience if the dog is full grown, and people who get puppies often wait too long to start training because they're not intimidating when they're smol. The dog then grows up with little to know discipline, virtually no impulse control, and goes on to succumb to its animal instincts. If people were held more accountable for the way their dogs are trained, then the reputation would likely be squashed. Any dog that has been improperly trained is a dangerous dog.
    I also personally feel pit bulls are the victim of media fear mongering, but that's a whole different rabbit hole.

That's the meat of my argument, so I'm going to respond to some thing I felt needed a response.

Correct. They've been bred for blood sport since the breed was created, but their bite force is actually lower than rottweilers, german shepherds, and dobermans, as per a study by the National Geographic. The whole 'locking jaw' thing is also a myth.

This one's just factually incorrect. Pit bulls are used all over the world and can easily resist the urge to bit when trained correctly.

The problem with this is that 'pit bull' isn't an actual breed, but rather a loosely defined blanket thrown over dogs of a similar stature and build. The dogs in attacks are not usually referred to by their breed but simply by the moniker 'pit bull' after a quick look over. Statistics like this usually put the very vague category of pit bull alongside incredibly specific breeds like labrador retriever or german shepherd. The dogs are often misidentified and thus statistics can be unreliable, as reported by the American Veterinary Medical Association in 2013.

As I stated earlier, this is part of the animal's prey drive. It's not unique to pit bulls. Dogs kill cats. If you cannot train your dog to resist the impulse of their prey drive, do not be stupid enough to allow it to be in the presence of a cat. If I let Atlas off his leash in my backyard and, for some unforeseen reason, wasn't paying attention, he would likely attack and attempt to kill a cat until called off.

The fact that you can, with such fervor and confidence, place so much blame on an animal that's supposed to need permission just to shit is fucking baffling.

The dogs that are trained to be vicious are not inherently to blame. They were trained to be that way.

This is exactly what I think most of the problem comes from. Atlas is also a very scary looking pup, and I have people literally jump out of my way when I'm walking him down the street.
    He was also a very excitable dog, but that was quelled through excessive training and exercise. He's now a certified good boy.

I guess one of the main points of my argument is that this applies to most dogs, especially high-drive ones.
    An untrained german shepherd will just as quick bite your hand off as a 'pit bull' will.

tl;dr
    Any dog is dangerous if not trained properly.
    Statistics are not accurate.
    Pit bulls are not the only dogs to kill cats.
    Pit bulls are probably the most abused 'breed'

Here is my own little fur child
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  40. shotcopper 9000

shotcopper 9000 Dead Soul

Australia
    i, too, am gay

• Agree x 2