Jan 26, 2018

Login: KAltara
Password: *************

--------------------

Initiating Login Sequence....

Welcome, Kaitlyn Altara.

Accessing Operation Athena........

Log:
It's been approximately 16 months since we lost Fresno. 15 of those months have gone off without a hitch in regards to any activity happening there, until yesterday that is.
A routine LRRC patrol has reported alarming SkyNET activity around the destroyed site of old Fresno.
Call it genuine concern or curiosity but we're going to find out what's happening.

Cpt. Kaitlyn Altara

Closing Operation Athena........
Shutting Down.

[REDACTED]

[REDACTED]

[REDACTED]

Operation Begins September 27th, 6pm EST.

This thread will be used to give updates for individual missions and the overall operation as it continues on.

Enraged

Mana Addict
TRP Admin
Jan 26, 2018

--------------------

Welcome, Kaitlyn Altara.

Accessing Mission Gatecrash...

Log: Gatecrash Day 1, Athena Day 1
There's no other way to say it then we took Fresno back by storm.
We've successfully re-secured Fresno and temporarily routed SkyNET from the area. It won't be a long lasting effect but we'll celebrate the win regardless.

We've managed to discover a few different items from Fresno as well:
-A prototype plasma cutter for exo-suits.
-Reprogrammed aerostats that have a coordinate system locked into them (we'll revisit that tomorrow).
-A list of potential survivors from Fresno.
I'm confident to say we'll find a proper way to track them down as well. More to come tomorrow.

It should also be noted that everyone, and I truly mean everyone, did an outstanding job today. Lotomau, Ardern, and Enfield in-particular.

Cpt. Kaitlyn Altara

Shutting Down.

//Gatecrash Day 2 @ 1pm EST tomorrow (9/28)!!!

Enraged

Mana Addict
TRP Admin
Jan 26, 2018

--------------------

Welcome, Kaitlyn Altara.

Accessing Mission Gatecrash...

Log: Gatecrash Day 2, Athena Day 2
Yesterday was one hell of a day. After a night of collab between myself and some members of Charlie we came to the conclusion that the best way to track the missing soldiers was by sending out an electromagnetic pulse set to a specific frequency. The pulse would kickstart Fresno's secondary radios that they always keep on hand for Code: Bluebox.
To make this possible a group of Bakersfield's finest managed to infiltrate and secure a SkyNET outpost that housed a Comms Tower within it. With some proper refurbishing and hacking we've managed to turn it into a proper electromagnetic frequency emitter that will give us those needed general locations.

We also took some time to observe the hologram Fresno left behind for us over at their testing grounds. What we were shown was a demonstration of their aptly named Tactical Reprog Program led by an old friend of mine, Lt. Brittany White. It's a new initiative Fresno was testing that involved having a drone with R/W enabled lead a group of reprogs on a simple field mission. I'll be collaborating more with Charlie and the rest of Bakersfield on this.

Our top priority remains with finding any survivors though.

Cpt. Kaitlyn Altara

Shutting Down.

Much like Bakersfield’s Code: Firefall, Fresno also has a set of emergency codes on hand, one they have in place is aptly named Code: Bluebox. This Code comes into effect for any Fresno soldier that becomes split off from the main Fresno company and ends up in more dangerous territory. Unlike Bakersfield’s soldiers, Fresno’s were less about field tactics and more about desk service, so soldier’s simply fighting or sneaking their way back to the main company was a less viable option at times.

Code Bluebox works as follows: Each soldier in Fresno is required to carry around a secondary radio that activates by bouncing low electromagnetic pulses from that radio to a device called a Bluebox. A Bluebox is used as the proper tracking mechanism that gives a stronger reaction (beeping) the closer it comes to one of those secondary radios. This makes it possible for a search and rescue team to be deployed to track down those soldiers.

Last edited:

Enraged

Mana Addict
TRP Admin
Jan 26, 2018

--------------------

Welcome, Kaitlyn Altara.

Accessing Mission Gatecrash/Extricate...

Log: Gatecrash Day 3, Extricate Day 1, Athena Day 3
Today marks the final day of Mission Gatecrash and the first day of Mission Extricate.
We managed to use the Comm Towers to discover the general location of a conglomerate of potential Fresno survivors in Southern Nevada. SkyNET gave heavy resistance but we've managed to get settle in at an old town in the desert.
The area is ripe with Comms Towers and Oil Refineries, both of which we'll need to adamantly avoid so we don't stir the hive.
Radios should only be used for short ranged communications within the base itself and should not be used while out in the field.

The first run of the Blueboxes went relatively well.
We managed to secure Lt. Brittany White and T-800 Skye, White is currently getting some much needed rest.
The search and rescue team consisted of Lt. Ramos, 1Sgt. Crosier, Sgt. Spencer, LCpl. Lorenzo, Pfc. Miller, Pfc. Ceitus, & Lone-Elk. Spencer sadly suffered the loss of an arm during the mission, but he's saying he's in good shape thankfully.

We'll be continuing to zone in on potential locations of more survivors. I'm confident everyone will keep up the amazing job they've been doing so far.

Cpt. Kaitlyn Altara

Shutting Down.

Enraged

Mana Addict
TRP Admin
Jan 26, 2018

--------------------

Welcome, Kaitlyn Altara.

Accessing Mission Extricate...

Log: Extricate Day 2, Athena Day 4
Thanks to more efforts from our soldiers we've managed to locate three more ex-Fresno personnel:
Cpl. Sanford Summerfield (Charlie); Cpl. John Beckson (Bravo); T-704 'Ullr'
The two Corporals are currently recovering in the medical bay with Ullr watching over them.

The Long Rifles have been granted permission to perform long ranged recon and Search & Rescue on potential Fresno refugees outside of our immediate AO.
SkyNET has an increased presence in the area but that's not going to stop us from continuing on with the current task at hand.

I'm more and more hopeful by the day to see what's to come.

Cpt. Kaitlyn Altara

Shutting Down.

Last edited:

Enraged

Mana Addict
TRP Admin
Jan 26, 2018

--------------------

Welcome, Kaitlyn Altara.

Log: Extricate Day 4, Athena Day 6
Over the course of the past couple days we've been improving the bluebox tech slowly to get a better idea of improving the range without provoking SkyNET.
We'll be giving it a test run tomorrow to see about anymore survivors in Southern Nevada.
That aside, both Tehama and the Long Rifles have both had success and failures in Search & Rescue Ops outside of our AO.

It looks as though Lt. White has also regained some inspiration. She hasn't shared any plans with Bakersfield Command directly yet but she's been chatting up a storm with PacCom.
We'll see what the immediate future holds soon enough.
Our final full day in Nevada is tomorrow so let's make it count.
Cpt. Kaitlyn Altara

Shutting Down.

//Mission Extricate's Final Day is tomorrow, 10/3, All Day
Operation Athena's final day and final Mission (Scorpion) begins 10/4 @ 6pm EST.

Enraged

Mana Addict
TRP Admin
Jan 26, 2018

--------------------

Welcome, Kaitlyn Altara.

Log: Extricate Day 5, Athena Day 7
As the final day of Mission Extricate comes to a close, so does our search of Fresno survivors.
Out of the potential 76 remaining, 26 have been discovered alive, 41 deceased, and 9 still unknown. Tehama and the Long Rifles will continue their search efforts.
We've been met with some hardships, such as Lone-Elk returning with a bag full of 15 Fresno dog-tags, but we won't let that serve as a deterrent.

White and myself have been in contact with PacCom and the other neighboring TC Companies.
After some strategizing we've managed to devise a plan to build a new Fresno, and thanks to the efforts of the Long Rifles we may have found just the place to do it.

This fight isn't over just yet but it will be soon.
Cpt. Kaitlyn Altara
Shutting Down.

//The conclusion of Operation Athena, Mission Scorpion, begins on 10/4 @ 6pm EST!

Enraged

Mana Addict
TRP Admin
Jan 26, 2018

Login: BWhite
Password: ***************

--------------------

Welcome, Brittany White.

Accessing Mission Scorpion...

Log: Scorpion Day 1, Athena Day 8
I'm not a savant with this database but I'll give it a go anyways.
The efforts of the past week, everything we worked for, everything Bakersfield did to help, has culminated in the end of the final mission of Operation Athena.
With the assistance of Bakersfield, Tehama, and the Long Rifles, we've cleared a path at the Nevada-California border and can now safely move to our new Fresno base.
Words can't describe how I feel about everything that's happened, I'm trying to hold back tears even as I type this.

Everyone that put their lives on the line and even those that didn't have my undying gratitude. We're now on the brink of starting anew.

Bakersfield, Long Rifles, I thank you.

Lt. Brittany White - Fresno Charlie Squad

Shutting Down.

Although this final mission had a hiccup with finding a working map it's safe to say that this entire Operation went incredibly well.
To all of the admins, thank you for your support through these 8 days!
To all of the people that played event characters, thank you for dealing with my micromanaging and pumping out incredible search & rescues ops.
And to the players, thank you for playing! I hope you all enjoyed playing this as much as I did planning and running it.
(An especially large shoutout to Kemikals Kemikals for being my right hand man through all of this roleplay.)
There will be more to come form Fresno in the future so I hope you all are looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)