Oceana Fireball Unban Request

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueAce

Jan 2, 2015
Name of character: Christian Conrad
Steam ID:
Original length of ban: 1 day
Time since ban: 2 minutes
Who banned you: Bobson Dugnut
Reason for original ban: Intense failure to RP
Proof(If Applicable): N/A
Reason for unban: So, I was rping breaking into a car that was abandoned and I was stopped by the mine security woman, I RPd running and waiting for a response, I started running and was getting shot at and chased in a jeep, I got shot so tried not to do anything super fast to get away but I was continuously about to get run over and being shot at so couldn't stop

pirate

nazi bastard
HLNA Admin
Sep 8, 2011
You shift+w'd away, ignoring roleplay pertaining to your trying to loot corpses right outside an active mine. I entertained it for a bit by giving chase, which was my mistake, but once your hp dropped to 20% and you were still sprinting away, jumping off cliffs and running past people trying to flag you down to roleplay with you (even after I gave up the chase) I went ahead and banned you.

Your conduct on server up to that point was not especially impressive, either. This is a temporary event (RR) and you don't seem to have put in any effort to familiarize yourself with the setting, so you get to sit out until the main servers come back online.

Other players whose lust for script loot outweighs their interest in roleplay are getting the same treatment.

BlueAce

Jan 2, 2015
You shift+w'd away, ignoring roleplay pertaining to your trying to loot corpses right outside an active mine. I entertained it for a bit by giving chase, which was my mistake, but once your hp dropped to 20% and you were still sprinting away, jumping off cliffs and running past people trying to flag you down to roleplay with you (even after I gave up the chase) I went ahead and banned you.

Your conduct on server up to that point was not especially impressive, either. This is a temporary event (RR) and you don't seem to have put in any effort to familiarize yourself with the setting, so you get to sit out until the main servers come back online.
I literally fully RP'd looting an abandoned truck, an admin was overlooking and evented the alarm going off, your char came up and was threatening to get rural police, I RP'd running when you turned to talk to the other person waited to see if you were going to do a me, when I ran to the closest tree you started shooting so I assumed that's what was happening so I ran and hit, your character found me you didn't shout or rp anything and still continued shooting because you never RP'd I took the shot as hitting me in the shoulder you continued the chase, I tried RPing jumping off the cliff when I landed and you kept shooting from then on everytime I could even try to RP you were either trying to ram me with the jeep or jumping out to shoot, even when you were doing that I assumed the other person following behind was trying to RP when I ran into him but he didn't type so I kept running, I fail to see what opportunity I had to stop and RP anything that I could while you continued to try ram me with the RP, you further made no attempt before banning to take me to a sit.

As for the conduct before that encounter I don't know what your talking about because I had made my character a mere hour before and was RPing with an old man to who found the jeep, he ran during the RP we were in but if you go find the character joseph you can ask him about my rp cos I assure you he'll tell you my Rp was good quality. I also don't know how you expected me to fully understand the lore just after joining, the way you make it sounds is that everyone must know every inch of the lore when they join instead of learning, frankly you don't know what kind of character i was RPing and you judged the quality of my knowledge on the conduct of a 19 year old character in RP. Your comment there too saying I'll need to wait till the main servers back up is also ridiculous your literally saying because of an RP situation gone astray I can not longer take part in the event which is wrong

pirate

nazi bastard
HLNA Admin
Sep 8, 2011
Other admins were watching in observe. You were well outside of emote range and still running by the time I started shooting (past you, not at you). I eventually decided to chase you down and cut you off in the Jeep. Each time I got in front of you you 180'd and sprinted the other way, never giving me an opportunity to type at you. I clipped you with it a couple times because you never stopped running and occasionally ran in front of me while I was rolling beside you.

Even when you climbed on the boulder and I jumped out and came over to emote at you, you started running again, jumping off a cliff and continuing to sprint away, and again, when another player tried to cut you off you also sprinted away from him. You were not trying to find a moment to stop and roleplay, you were hellbent on sprinting away the entire time, trying to find somewhere I couldn't follow you with the Jeep.

I could have stopped you with the physgun but again, this is an event, not the main server, and I feel like you should know better since you've been here since at least 2015. I just don't feel like I should have to coach someone who's been roleplaying for five years to not shift+w away from roleplay. Beyond that, even without reading the lore primers for the event, it's immediately obvious from the get-go that this isn't the type of server you should be walking around trying to "loot RP" with everything and everyone you meet, and context clues from our encounter alone should have set you on the right path, but it didn't seem to register, so again, you can sit out.

pirate

nazi bastard
HLNA Admin
Sep 8, 2011
Also just for the record, the vehicle you were looting wasn't abandoned, it was parked outside the mine and was being attended by an event character. You probably didn't notice the character since you went straight to asking what items you could get from the truck.

BlueAce

Jan 2, 2015
Other admins were watching in observe. You were well outside of emote range and still running by the time I started shooting (past you, not at you). I eventually decided to chase you down and cut you off in the Jeep. Each time I got in front of you you 180'd and sprinted the other way, never giving me an opportunity to type at you. I clipped you with it a couple times because you never stopped running and occasionally ran in front of me while I was rolling beside you.

Even when you climbed on the boulder and I jumped out and came over to emote at you, you started running again, jumping off a cliff and continuing to sprint away, and again, when another player tried to cut you off you also sprinted away from him. You were not trying to find a moment to stop and roleplay, you were hellbent on sprinting away the entire time, trying to find somewhere I couldn't follow you with the Jeep.

I could have stopped you with the physgun but again, this is an event, not the main server, and I feel like you should know better since you've been here since at least 2015. I just don't feel like I should have to coach someone who's been roleplaying for five years to not shift+w away from roleplay. Beyond that, even without reading the lore primers for the event, it's immediately obvious from the get-go that this isn't the type of server you should be walking around trying to "loot RP" with everything and everyone you meet, and context clues from our encounter alone should have set you on the right path, but it didn't seem to register, so again, you can sit out.
For one I wasn't well outside the emote range, even a "/y Stop" would've done it, when you shot to I assumed that obviously, you were shooting me and going along with me running as any char would do when threatened by someone with a gun. "Eventually decided to chase" isn't quite what I'd say by the time you did that I was running to hide but when I actually hid you came up and without a me or "/y" you shot me so obviously I run thinking were continuing the situation, and when you say you tried to get in front of me with the jeep from my point of view you were constantly trying to hit me with the Jeep instead of jumping out and shouting in the air or done a /y as I said before and I never saw you rolling beside me only trying to ram me.

When I jumped off the cliff I'm pretty sure there was no chance to RP because you were either shooting or trying to ram me so I made sure to land in the water knowing once again I had no chance to RP. I done what anyone would realistically do in that situation in real life and do anything to get away, weaving around trees or jumping over logs.

Using the excuse it's just an event and you shouldn't have to physgun is quite an easy escape, everyone should be allowed to play in an event and to refuse to physgun and explain the situation from your perspective is poor. Also, character are allowed to sprint after roleplaying running away as I did. Also, as I explained before I was led there by another character who said he was offering payment to search for the keys which i was doing and follows the character I was playing, for you to also say I can't RP in that way even if it was on my own volition is wrong it's a passive RP in an open world and that should be okay too as I expect other people on the server have done. You also instead of doing admin work of overseeing RP you tried to get me to exit the RP situation when I was checking out the car, makes it seem like you just wanted to finish up and go back to your own RP.

Also, as staff you shouldn't tell me that it's not my type of server when I've been RPing

BlueAce

Jan 2, 2015
Also just for the record, the vehicle you were looting wasn't abandoned, it was parked outside the mine and was being attended by an event character. You probably didn't notice the character since you went straight to asking what items you could get from the truck.
The one beside the truck that was left as a prop? The entire time me and the other char was there nothing was said by any event character

BlueAce

Jan 2, 2015
Yes, I was a bit unrealistic jumping off the cliff into water or running that far with a bullet wound but the way you RP is much more open to criticism than me everything followed RO and was alright until you came and without rping shot my character, you didn’t yell or me so I obviously realise you were just trying to kill my character to avoid rping. You then kept instead of getting out to confront attempting to ram me with the jeep which as you know still avoids RP and the few times you got out you shot again not RPing. Through out the vase you gave me no opportunity again to actually RP then banned me for not RPing which is ridiculous. Even from a realistic view of the case if someone’s shot you in the shoulder you’re obviously going to run no matter so jumping off a small closer into water, darting between trees and running the opposite direction from a keep trying to run you over is at the least the bare minimum someone would do.

What’s worse is you as a staff member held a vendetta against me because I was scavenge RPing even though I never initiated it my character continued to do it becaus petty theft etc is what he does and you judged me completely because I was in that situation, you have no right even in an event to say my character can’t search around for things especially when it comes as the result of RP. IT WAS THE FIRST AND ONLY TIME I HADDONE ANY SORT OF SCAVENGING IN THE EVENT ON ANY CHARACTER..Your comments of benning people from the event for things like this is diabolical that you find it necessary to ban people instead of talking to them in a sit first which resolves things in minute, that an the NOT RPING SHOOTING ME THEN COMPLAINING WHEN THE SITUATION CONTINUED is also just outrageous. Id also say which may be wrong but by the looks of it you were one of the only characters I seen with a gun which I’ll guessed was spawned in when you created your character and you criticise people for scavenging (from an OOC perspective I frankly couldn’t have gave a flying fuck about the loot). You majorly hindered my ability to RP in the event with your actions as a staff meme bet and think that if this is the way you conduct yourself then you might need to re think your position, I mean that in the nicest way possible

pirate

nazi bastard
HLNA Admin
Sep 8, 2011
I'm not sure what makes you think doubling down is going to get you anywhere. Again, multiple other admins and at least one other player were watching.

Let me lay down some facts.
  • I was far from the "only one with a gun." However, many admin characters, to include mine, during this event, are designed to die at some point in order to distribute firearms to players through dynamic roleplay, as mine did maybe an hour later.
  • My character was the security chief for the mine you were trying to 'loot'. The mine is kind of a big deal during this event, as in the entire area revolves around it.
  • Your character lives in the town, the town's only purpose is to support the mine. This was established here on the forums in the event primer and also is made clear by context clues to anyone who spends 5 minutes in the town to roleplay.
  • It is impossible for me to type fast enough to roleplay shooting you when you are sprinting away at maximum player velocity.
  • Not one single admin on this server appreciates players who run around trying to 'loot' everything, especially during two-day events where characters may or may not even continue to exist after the fact. What could you possibly be trying to loot that would be of consequence during this event? Loot and material gain are not really worthwhile pursuits during this event. When 5 players out of 50 are constantly asking for script items to be spawned because they roleplayed looking inside a dumpster/car/cardboard box/house it makes it significantly harder to tend to the needs of players who actually care about the event.
  • Nobody is willing to die over petty theft, and petty theft doesn't really cover trying to rob your dying coworkers at your workplace, anyway.
  • My character was driving by on her way to the mine to deal with another security situation when you set off the car alarm. I didn't port in on a made up character to shoot you. You were shot because you decided to sprint away after declaring that looting dead/dying people is normal.
  • Your ban will expire before you convince anyone to unban you, so I am going to lock this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)