observer flag abuse + repeated RDM. - Toast

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cup

B-B-B-BANNED
Feb 18, 2013
Players Name: Toast, I believe. There were other culprits but he seemed to be the worst.

Steam ID: Bottlesmasher (SF: 。◕ ‿ ◕。) - STEAM_0:1:3439871

Reason for ban: He went into observer mode and started repeatedly rdming people with an ithaca. There was at least like 6 counts of rdm from him alone.

Proof: Honestly I don't have proof but deadmon is a witness. He only kicked toast with the message ''please stop''

What would you like to see improved: I'm just tired of the constant rdm, man. It's getting old. The entire server is acting as if it's perfectly okay because the admin team usually doesn't do shit about it other than the occasional kick. I just want it cracked down on in general. The reason Toast is being singled out though is due to his observer flag abuse. The dude was just floating in observe mode rdming people repeatedly for no apparent reason. I think his observer flags should be removed at the very least.

Toast was RDMing me, and I consented afterwards because I understood what he was upset about. You should have said something earlier though in chat if it was a big issue and he probably would have stopped. Sorry that your arena event got ruined by it.

I repeatedly told everyone to stop rdming over and over when the very first count of rdm began.

I'm just tired of everyone thinking it's okay, the shit gets old after a while and does nothing but fuck everything up.

also consent shouldnt be an excuse to fuck around on an RP server. Shit like this gives us a bad reputation.

toast stopped after i kicked him

the only two people he killed were floki and levinx, and both admitted they were being a bit low on the intelligence level at that point in time

i had a splitting headache and felt like shit, i kicked toast then i promptly left to go rest.

One does not simply RDM Tokarev and Makarov. The greatest gunslingers in the world.
Both the players that got RDM'd weren't making a fuss of it because they knew why it happened.

So he RDMs two people, I RDM one person and get banned for a week WOW

I think at this point it is more about the morality. Toast should be reprimanded, every reason given to justify his rdm has gotten someone banned before.

Oh I forgot that when I post, the threads seem to die.

Because this is directly targeted at me and an excuse to go HAM and I'm not RPing anymore, I think I'll take this chance to publicly humiliate you again, Cup (although you've proven time and time again that you can handle that without any external help).

There was a time when I thought you were a cool dude. I used to see you making posts complaining about roleplay on SRP and TRP and sympathzed with your plight at both communities, because I suffered there too. Then I made multiple attempts to roleplay with you, even going so far as to set up a plotline for your character to follow, and every time you snubbed me OOC or just blatantly ran off into the server's wastes. It was at this point when I realized you were all talk.

That said, I'm still trying to work out if all that talk is because you're legitimately stupid or a very good troll - if the dichotomy between your OOC behavior and your god-awful roleplay is intentional because you think this is TnB and thusly an excuse to be a moron, or you simply think that what you do is good roleplay and you're a shining bastion in a sea of proverbial shit.

What sort of roleplay? Well, things like taking obviously OOC acts IC, walking into a room, raising your weapon, and shooting someone in the head with three subsequent lines of text without waiting for them to respond or without any real reason to, having two character models that you just change the names and titles on, giving them whatever backstory suits you at the moment, like your stripper-alcoholic-doctor-bartender-whore-lesbian character, or your cancer-patient-arena-host-bartender-schizophrenic-MPD-syndrome-womanizer-stalker-job-giver-bandit-mechanic-also-alcoholic character, or going up to people and making jokes that are thinly disguised attempts to get their goat OOC with the refrain "it's roleplay" up your sleeve to dissuade the moronic admins that buy your shit from banning you, or in this case, walking up to two people that are RPing (neuf and I), spawning a massive cage of chain link fence, and spamming IC chat with your character screaming about an arena match that was a glorified case of punch-whoring-dark-RP:

BDC6987763D56BECA045FC81F8287F7582FFE097

Then getting upset when people treated it as such.

The people I DMed were colluding in TeamSpeak to be retards, self admitted, so I shot them. I wanted to get back to my roleplay. I shoot people that interrupt my roleplay. I understand you're upset because you've been the victim of that several times.

If you want it to stop, then stop being stupid, you little whiny bitch.

IjoreanGrey said:

I don't think you know what that word means.

Kat said:
I feel sexy when toast kills me.

...............................。◕ ‿ ◕。

You have no idea how hard I have to fight to not RDM cup when I see this stupid shit in the middle of town. It's an eyesore and it sets new players on the wrong track, and Cup knows it but he doesn't give a shit.

pirate said:
You have no idea how hard I have to fight to not RDM cup when I see this stupid shit in the middle of town. It's an eyesore and it sets new players on the wrong track, and Cup knows it but he doesn't give a shit.

Or perhaps he doesn't believe his actions have any effect on the population of the server. Just because you know something doesn't automatically make another know that as well.

Moving back to the main topic, this is a quite inane. People have done much worse and received no penalties, though on the flipside people have done much less and been given harsh consequences. The admin team should debate and decide how big of a deal this rule actually is, under what circumstances (or if it applies under all circumstances) it's to be enforced, and how harshly the perpetrator should be punished. Specifics, of course. It's not fair to any player involved in any situation like this when one person RDMs once and gets a week long ban/permanent ban, and another get's off without and consequences. Similarly, though, it's not appropriate to punish someone just because another was. So no, Toast shouldn't be banned.

It's my position that Toast's RDM being consented to (while a complete waste of everyone's time) shouldn't have been executed with observe flags and this incident should result in their removal. For the second time.

Blacklist.

No more.

Bad boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread