Northern Expeditionary Unit

Discussion in 'Playerbased Groups' started by Gutsy, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Gutsy

Gutsy Member

New Zealand
    Northern Expeditionary Unit
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

History

Active as of 2015 the Northern Expeditionary Unit consists of remnants of forces from beyond the northern boarder of the united states of America. Headed up by survivors from the 3rd and 4th division of the Canadian Army that were on a field training exercise in the remote location of Winisk River Provincial Park when the bombs fell they had received an open broadcast order to stay away from populated civil centers along with an encrypted packet containing their standing orders.

Thinking this was part of their training exercise and part of some elaborate simulation they waited and watched for several months. Not hearing any further orders they stayed in the Provincial Park living off of the land away from the civil centers as they followed their orders. Eventually, after some time. A small group of Civilians came across the group and let them know it was not a drill, that the bombs really had dropped and a cybernetic entity had declared war on the human race.

Responding to the threat and breaking orders, Several Units from the 3rd and 4th Division left for Toronto in order to search for survivors. Unfortunately the main body of the Task Force was caught by Aerial HK's as they passed Fort Hope, taking out the majority of the forces' vehicular support as well as eliminating most of the baggage train and the upper command structure.

In order to Investigate the Disappearance of this task force Corporal J Vargas lead a small recon team on foot, and for several months they were away from base as they investigated the disappearance of the main body. Finally coming across the massacre involving the motorized convoy and their Command Chain they searched the general area for any signs of their attackers.

Due to the isolation and harsh terrain of the Provincial Park and areas surrounding Bipedal terminators were redundant in the area, usually replaced with tracked drones like the HK Tank, Aerial Drones like the HK Aerial or the Hunter Killer Drone and Quadrupeds like the T-70. The only Evidence pertaining to the battle that the Recon team could find were the deep set tracks in the dirt from the HK Tanks and a single crashed HK Aerial.

Noting their Command Structure had been destroyed as well as there being no further orders from Division Command as well as not being privy to the encrypted orders that were presented to the training group they had to learn to improvise. No longer shackled to a command structure and operating at the platoon level under their highest ranking surviving officer, A lieutenant. They were given orders to stick to the Rural Areas, lay low, gather Intel and rescue who they could.

To Complete the mission of gathering Intel and facilitating communications with other resistance cells out in the world. Vargas was given a Brevet promotion to Sergeant and given command of an Expeditionary Unit, traveling from North to South on foot. Into the new America. Armed with Survival Rifles, harsh weather equipment and long range communications equipment. These men braved the Frontier and crossed the border, hoping to find other remnants of humanity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rank Structure
    1. Expeditionary Sergeant (ESgt,)
      -Can Recruit into the NEU
      -Can assign group specific equipment to members.
      -Can Discharge members from the NEU
      -Can be assigned group specific equipment.
      -Can Promote up to Expeditionary Master Corporal (2IC)

2. Expeditionary Master Corporal (EMCpl.)
      -Can assign group specific equipment to members.
      -Can Promote up to Expeditionary Corporal

3. Expeditionary Corporal (ECpl.)
      -Can Promote up to Expeditionary Private

4. Expeditionary Private (EPvt.)

5. Expeditionary Volunteer (EVlt.)
      Trial Rank.
    Roster
    • - E-Sgt. John Vargas : Gutsy
    • - E-MCpl. Andrew Jacobs : Farrell (LOA)
    • - E-Cpl. Yvonne L'Esperance : Fitz
    • - E-Pte. Mariah Kell : Savoury (LOA)
    • - E-Pte. Mark Porter : Carl
    • - E-Pte. Kacey Benz : Krzy
    • - E-Pte. Lucien Thibault : TEI Chris Provost
    • - E-Pte. Evan Cook : Raymon
    • - E-Vlt. James Brooks : MrCookie1311
    • - E-Vlt. Chantelle Lipton : Bailol
    Deceased
    • - E-Pte. Abagail Willis : Deagle
    • - E-Vlt. James Carson : Entire Soviet Union

Faction Relations
    Skynet
    [​IMG]

Tech-Com
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Each Character created at the start of this faction will need to be applied for below, I am looking for people that are willing to take risks in RP and not always play it safe. Being new in the area, when this faction starts it will have no information about the Tech Com cell and due to their previous experiences no knowledge of humanoid HK's either. My goal for this faction is to provide a group of people that are not afraid to go out and get the information that is needed constantly, this means without being called by an admin to action.

If you wish to apply to start in this faction, just post your new characters' name below and a short story as well as if they are a "Volunteer" from the civil populace or a remnant of the old military.

Group Arsenal

The Northern Expeditionary Unit has brought down several pieces of equipment from the north, the first of which being a Survival rifle. The .50 Beowulf Rifle. There are plans to add more to this faction and as trade opens up with the other factions in this sector, these items will become available over time.
    • .50 Beowulf Rifle
    • Woodland Combat Armor

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    #1 Gutsy, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  2. adamwheats123

adamwheats123 Member

United Kingdom
    Selene Martinez

Spaniard bred female that moved to Canada at a young age. Her father was in the military for a short time before the bombs fell. After that they focused on eachother's survival. Her father taught her how to shoot and military-like discipline. At the age of 19, Her father died by unknown reasons and continued to fend for herself. A few months later, She enlisted with the 4th Division and trained hard. After around 3 years as an Infantryman, she then went to join a Reconnaissance Regiment that was sent to Fort Hope before it's destruction. She was sent out on a mission, But when she came back Fort Hope was destroyed. Her instincts told her to remain there as SkyNET wouldn't come back to a destroyed town. She then bumped into J Vargas' Team and linked with them due to the military Discipline and loyalty shown to him. She follows any and all orders given to her, no matter the amount of risk.

#2 adamwheats123, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  3. wester

wester Kiruclanz 2.0

Canada
    not sure how i feel about this one. "canadian-ness" overload, for sure, man. some of the ranks like "master corporal" and volunteer seem kind of redundant, and i think you'd be better off with a three central ranks; private, corporal or something like that, and sergeant, like you've put. not a military expert, though, so do what you want.

4. Gutsy

Gutsy Member

New Zealand
    Not really looking to go higher then Sergeant, the whole point of this was that the upper echelon was eliminated. Personally, I don't feel like it's much of an overload and i'm sure with the groups interaction with others on the server it will acclimatize. Think of it as the state the group is in when it arrives, I have no doubt that it will be forced to adapt over time. As for the ranks, I needed to give characters a feeling of progression as well as leadership roles as well as establish a clear chain of succession.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. feelsgoodman

feelsgoodman New Blood
    Paroxysm Admin

United States
    I really really like that concept.

6. Gutsy

Gutsy Member

New Zealand
    [​IMG]
    Working on redoing it in a higher resolution and fixing the bump maps as well as other edits to the model, they're pending.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Gutsy

Gutsy Member

New Zealand
    Field Report
    November 10th 2025

Reporting Soldier : Sgt. J.Vargas

Today my advance team including myself reached the area designated on our map as Bakersfield. We have discovered several cells of resistance fighters there, one of which seem to call themselves Technical Command. After meeting some of the Soldiers of "Tech Com" as they affectionately call it I was introduced to Humanoid "Terminator" units. One of which had been re-programmed by Technical Command to be used as field soldier, it was designated as call-sign "Iris."

After fighting alongside these forces today in the retrieval of a Mechanized suit as well as an assault on a power-plant to disrupt power to Cyberdyne Systems and I was horrified at this cell's casual acceptance of human casualties by allowing airstrikes on prisoners while assaulting a compound. Their focus on eliminating units immediatly rather then rescuing prisoners ended up in one of the cages being culled by the "Terminators"

I have noted some of them wearing Mechanical Exoskeletons as well as operating what they call a Mech Suit which was reverse engineered from Cyberdyne System's technology. They seem quite advanced in technology.

Assessment : I am concerned about the long term survival of this unit known as "Tech Com" as they seem to throw themselves into situations without much thought and place emphasis heavy reliance on mechanical support. The reliance on mechanized and automated support of course leading up to the war against Cyberdyne's AI program. It would seem as if the Americans have not learned from their mistakes.

Next Objective : Facilitate contact with NCO's of Tech Com and work my way up the chain before I can get an interview with a CO and see what is going on from their end.​

8. Gutsy

Gutsy Member

New Zealand
    Field Report
    November 10th 2025

Reporting Soldier: ECpl. A. Jacobs

Today we arrived in an area designated 'Bakersfield'. Shortly after our arrival we encountered a large resistance group calling themselves 'Tech Com'. There are only 2 things i believe to be of note regarding tech com; the first is their high level of tech, using energy based weapons, advanced body armor, Mech suits and even a small number of modified 'humanoid' HK's, these '800s' possess a high level of intelligence on top of the apparent ability to look and act like a human. The condense thing to not is their continued survival and existence in the face of sheer incompetence, when we arrived it took almost no convincing before we were literally invited into their base, aiding to this poor security is a reckless attitude to open engagements with Cyberdyne forces and letting a civilian start a firefight with Recon Drones outside the base entrance itself and endangering all those within. It is my assessment that their heavy reliance on their advanced level of tech has boosted their confidence to unsafe and unsustainable levels, which could jeopardize the long term survival of their group. I was able to get info from a tech com medic on the existence of other resistance groups as far south as mexico, so at least there are most survivors out there than my highest estimates before.

(I posted this since he can't access this thread)

#8 Gutsy, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  9. adamwheats123

adamwheats123 Member

United Kingdom
    Leave of Absence

Name: Pvt. Mariah Kells
    Start Date: 29th of November, 2025
    End Date: 14th of December, 2025
    Approved By: Sgt. J. Vargas

10. Enraged

Enraged Mana Addict
    TRP Admin Contributor

United States
    Alright if you're going to post in here then at least be civil and constructive towards the PBG.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Davebrown

Davebrown my role as server owner is to ruin your roleplay
    Senior Executive Administrator

United Kingdom
    pirate

go somewhere else

everyone else

stop being nerds

• Funny Funny x 5
    • #shotsfired #shotsfired x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Gutsy

Gutsy Member

New Zealand
    Field Report
    December 1st 2025

Reporting Soldier : Sgt. J.Vargas

This week has been a mixed week of results, we have managed to work towards being on semi friendly relations with Tech Com despite being shot on several occasions. One of which I can understand. Despite their appearance and equipment I find that quite a few of them are co-operative. However that seems to fade as soon as they get Chevrons on their shoulders. One of the issues I have seen is there is a lack of personal responsibility in most of their soldiers which reveals their true nature as a paramilitary force. That being said there are three soldiers that have caught my eye. Private First Class Tatum, Private Kenton and Sergeant Bloodworth who continue to surprise me, the first two from their quiet competence and the latter in his ability to resolve issues between our two units.

As a side note we have established relations with one Simon Wade and his Nodes, although at first we were incredibly wary of working with reprograms... Or rogue reprograms for that matter we found out we had something in common. Since then we have been supplying them with Endo Skeletons salvaged from the field in exchange for assistance in protecting our camps. Not going to lie, the Infiltrator scares me a little sometimes. Endo's salvaged as follows.

One Times Seven Two Zero reinforced combat chassis.
    Two Times Seven Hundred series standard chassis.
    Four Times Six Hundred series standard chassis.
    One Series Two Zero chassis.

Unfortunately the CPU's on all the retrieved chassis have been fried, however in studying their anatomy we are attempting to find ways to disable these chassis without causing too much damage to the processing unit.

Attached you will find details on Skin Sheath research retrieved from a Skynet Data node yesterday, skin sheathes are used as camouflage for the infiltrators to walk among humans with various objectives. We suspect that this increased infiltrator activity, and the fact we had no idea these things existed in Canada may be a contribution towards the Survivor on Survivor violence in the Ontario province. We have already seen how easy groups suspect each other and even come to blows over the smallest of incidences.

More information to follow after team meeting.

13. Gutsy

Gutsy Member

New Zealand
    After Action Report
    December 2nd 2025

Reporting Soldier : Sgt. J.Vargus

On a routine recon mission to the south of the Bakersfield Area I started picking up a signal on my short range from Tech Com on their standard frequency, it sounded like they were in distress and I heard a voice that I had recognized so I moved in to investigate. After about an hour of searching the sector I encountered a single Tech Com soldier but we were forced apart by a Harvester. After that I headed towards the canals and spotted a massive mound of flesh crammed into the canal. It was there I met up with Omar Phillips and Samantha.

I went down to check the flesh but there was nothing moving at the time, my mind was immediately drawn towards the Skin Sheath research from my report of the First of December. I then proceeded to head north up the canal. As I did, a HK Transport flew over me before opening it's cargo hold and dropping a few bodies as well as a Six Hundred with a flamethrower. Curious, I went back. As expected the 600 began incinerating the bodies, but not long after I heard some screams from the pile and two bodies wriggling away from the flame. Immediately we engaged the 600 and took it out and checked for survivors.

The Two Survivors were one Private Roy Kenton of Tech Com and one who is called Conner. The latter was badly wounded and when we dragged them away from the mound of bodies I used my Long Range radio to call in my Corporal from the nearby area and walk her in. When she arrived she provided first response treatment to Conner, perhaps something that kept him alive until we got him to a Tech Com facility. We also rendezvoused with another Tech Com Soldier, a Lance Corporal named Davis. I teamed Davis and Phillips up on a recon mission to the south to try to find a way out of that shit hole and I put myself and Roy North.

Eventually we found a way out, but not before the Medical team we left back in the sewers was exposed, so they pulled back to us. Following the white chalk marks I had left on the walls. It was at that point that we encountered Lieutenant Warren after we were pinned at the bottom of a ladder. Together we worked our way to the top of the stack and out into the streets. From there, we hid in an old abandoned warehouse were we found an old friend. Khan.

By this time Davis' team had come back with more Civilians, we were starting to become one hell of a number in that warehouse at Seventeen so I wanted to split us into teams of two to go and find ways out of there. Lieutenant Warren then proceeded to suggest we ride a Harvester or HK out of the area, to which I blatantly called her crazy over it. Eventually I managed to round up enough people to send teams out into the surrounding area, one of us found a Semi being driven by a Series eight hundred, and my team found a sewer grate leading under Skynet and out to the north. We brought this information back to the group and took a vote on what we should do.

There were three options, The harvester or HK trick from before which was suicide. The Truck, which we had to sneak on undetected, and the Canals which we suspected were full of Reavers. Most were in favor of the truck until I pointed out that sneaking this many people onto a truck, even with a single guard was damn near impossible. So the Lieutenant took one other and headed out there herself. My route won the vote and Seven to Two, so we headed to the sewers. Tech Com now lead by Sergeant Carrie Miles with me directing the entire group.

Eventually we made our way to Highway Five where we discovered an old Tech Com base with a map. Even though it had been long abandoned we found some supplies there and stocked up as we could as we were running out fast, we discovered from observation that we were on Highway Five in-between Bakersfield and Los Angeles and it was after that discovery that we chose to really get the fuck out of dodge. Working together, myself and Miles guided the group towards Bakers once more.

I am happy to report only a single Casualty.
    Zero Deceased.
    One Injured.

Vargus Signing off.

14. Gutsy

Gutsy Member

New Zealand
    Casualty and Recruitment Report
    December 2nd 2025

Reporting Soldier : Sgt.J.Vargus

Killed in action - Private Abagail Willis (Deagle)
    Killed in action - Volunteer James Carson (Entire Soviet Union)

Volunteered - Chantelle Lipton (Bailol)

Quartermasters Report
    Sutracted all above combat chassis to Simon Wade. Shipment gained in return.
    1x AS-50 Anti Material Rifle
    1x MG-3 Light Machine-gun
    1x M14 DMR
    1x Skynet 40 Watt rifle
    20x Frag Grenades
    20x Smoke Grenades
    24x M203 HE Grenades
    24x M203 Smoke Grenades.

Note : Business Relations are going well, I expect this to be some kind of initial exchange and I do not expect future shipments to be as favorable. I will be tasking my soldiers to begin to target T-800 chassis to keep up supply for demand.

• Gay Gay x 1
    #14 Gutsy, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  15. Mr_Cookie1311

Mr_Cookie1311 I love alot of cookies

Netherlands
    After Action Report
    December 2nd 2025

Reporting Soldier : Vtl James Brooks

Helicopter crash at the seven eleven gas station causing a large amount of commotion. Two T-600 were guarding the position I went in and used stealth as advantage upon using a rooftop to open fire I got shot at by a teenage girl seemingly to be appearing in her early early twenties our late 10's.. Upon getting fired on the T-600's spotted me and slowly started to crumble away the concrete where I was laying on. After a while the girl went ahead to shoot the Bots giving me the opportunity to grab my weapon and take out the bot. Time passed and I failed the girl shot me in the shoulder and I fired back upon. She was bleeding and ran away I followed her trying to get her to calm down so I could fix up the wound. After a hectic situation where she keeps saying to everyone to back off I left the girl alone. One second later she suicides using her USP. I have buried her next to the chopper. This is also the location where
    Volunteer James Carson lays.

[​IMG]

Involved:
    Unknown Girl.
    VLT James Brooks
    E-Pte. Lucien Thibault

Casualties:
    Unknown Girl 2-12-2012
    Wounded:
    E-Vlt: James Brooks (Minor)

• Artistic Artistic x 1
  16. Gutsy

Gutsy Member

New Zealand
    Quartermaster's Report
    December 3rd 2025

Reporting Soldier : Sgt. J.Vargus

Eliminated T-600 at range with a single shot from the AMR. Have retrieved Chassis for the Wades.... Minigun also intact, adding to manifest for the shipment.

[​IMG]

Edit :

Second Engagement when we made it back to Tech Com ended up in us receiving an intact and functional T-600 CPU. I have handed off a Beowulf to Sergeant Miles as a gesture of Thanks.

#16 Gutsy, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  17. Gutsy

Gutsy Member

New Zealand
    Quartermaster's Report
    December 4th 2025

T-600 Minigun passed over to Bryce Bloodworth.​

18. Gutsy

Gutsy Member

New Zealand
    Intelligence Report
    December 6th 2025

Conducting Interview : Sgt. J.Vargus
    Interviewed Soldier : Pfc. Roy Kenton - Tech Com.

Date of Incident : December 5th 2025.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Roy Kenton and Xavier Burns were on a patrol when they were attacked by a Debilitating gas.

Testimony given by Pfc. Roy Kenton:

Pfc. Roy Kenton: We were all in a long hallway the walls covered in visions of the dead. People we had known in life and reflections of ourselves on the ceiling. Everyone from the squad who got gassed was there.

Sgt. John Vargus: A shared halloucination?

Pfc. Roy Kenton: Yes. We were moved into another room and well there was someone on a table then the room started to go on fire and blood red walls. Saw a man in a doctors outfit with really angular facial features and blonde hair. He called for three of our guys to be put on tables then not long after we woke up in Skynet major. I was in a fucking tube with a vest! They were going to turn me into a fucking vestie!

I saw the others get out before me. It took alot of effort to actually break out and the three they called for were on tables being dissected infront of us.

Sgt. John Vargus: Carry on, so this was still the Hallucination right?

Pfc. Roy Kenton: No.

Sgt. John Vargus: Ok so this is back in reality.

Pfc. Roy Kenton: We got them out of the tables and there was someone yelling over an intercomm to stop us then we escaped through some pipework to a storage room.

(Addendum) Roy pulls out a Bullpup weapon, model FN-2000 from his backpack. It has his name stenciled in it.

Pfc. Roy Kenton: We found these in storage and had to fight our way out, from there we managed to get contact with BP and get reinforcements to cover us. Nearly a vestie...

Sgt. John Vargus: And this happened yesterday?

Pfc. Roy Kenton: Yeah.

Sgt. John Vargus: Do you have the names of the others in your squad?

Pfc. Roy Kenton: Burns was with us, he was one of those they put on a table.

Sgt. John Vargus: Ok so Burns. Who else?

Pfc. Roy Kenton: I can't remember, just... watch out in case Skynet tries it on your men. I wanted to give you a heads up, I have to get an exam.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have ordered my men to pick up gas masks from the Quartermasters, and I will be conducting gas drills to keep my men safe.

John Vargus, Signing off.

• Informative Informative x 3
  19. Mr_Cookie1311

Mr_Cookie1311 I love alot of cookies

Netherlands
    Quartermaster's Report
    December 6th 2025

Added:

Eliminated a T-600 using a Beowulf from behind. The skull of the t-600 has been heavily damaged and unusable. I have secured the chassis and moved it to our hideout.

Several M4's have been put into the lockers for turning them into .50 Beowulfs.

Several flashlights and radios have been added to the locker for spare use.

Added a M14 DMR

Removed

Ammunition for weaponry.
    Two bandages and new pair of basic supplies.

Signing off
    Vlt James Brooks

20. Gutsy

Gutsy Member

New Zealand
    Intelligence Report
    December 7th 2025
    Conducting interview : Sgt. J.Vargus
    Interviewed Solider : Volunteer James Castiglione

James Castiglione: Listen to me carefully we need to get underground out of sight.

John Vargus: Talk plainly.

James Castiglione: We are being hunted by a group you remember i went to set up a OP well i was jumped by about six Hooded similar gear to what we had knocked me out dragged me to some place i don't know was interrogated

(Note to the unit, Castiglione has several contusions and bruises. Interrogation method appears physical.)

John Vargus: Didn't I tell you not to go alone?

James Castiglione: I was with the dude in the black trench coat but he disappeared before the bush wack.

John Vargus: Make sure to watch your back next time.

James Castiglione: Well..... thats not all i gave them info

John Vargus: I need every spec of information that you gave them, I need appearance, equipment. I need what you lost by the look of you, you lost your armor.

-Unknown Voice- "Ah-... Scream?"

John Vargus: If I were you I'd put that gun down right now Chica. I am not in the mood to play with Tech Com right now. Scream? Not from here

-Unknown Voice- "No need to be ass-hole. I investigate scream.

-Door Slams Shut-

John Vargus: Go on.

James Castiglione: One name Yvonne the RF and the uniform was stripped off me at gun point.

John Vargus: Yvonne's name, means nothing unless they have a face to put it to. Carry on.

James Castiglione: Her rank as well they already knew about you asked me your name so i replied Sergeant Vargus they pulled a gun i told them the same then they gave me a message for you alone to hear. "You will be home soon" but that outpost we were at they were watching all the time they were well armed as well. I might of skipped that we meet a guy called wade and are friends with a Sgt Bloodworth in TC they also are hunting us by uniform. I also heard a firefight that they seemed to win against a possible 600 to 800. It sounded humanoid in it's footsteps. I could pick out plasma fire and Minigun fire but the thing is it stopped almost as soon as it started like maybe a 50 sec gunfight. There's not much you can do about that, I need to ask you to concentrate and tell me anything else you heard or that they said.

John Vargus: There's not much you can do about that, I need to ask you to concentrate and tell me anything else you heard or that they said.

James Castiglione: They asked me my name, They asked me who i reported too, they asked me who you reported too, the firefight, they asked me what NEU stood for i tolde them i had no idea.

They asked me my name, They asked me who i reported too, they asked me who you reported too, the firefight, they asked me what NEU stood for i told them i had no idea. The then put a bag over my head knocked me out and took me to a building where upon waking up I made my way to Barvo Papa.

#20 Gutsy, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2018