Accepted Nat Attack -- Community Unban

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

feelsgoodman

Enter LE MONKE, a corpulent ape
Dec 21, 2011
Name (As well as any former aliases you can think of): Nat Attack
Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:6877306
What were you banned from?: Forums & HL2
Original length of ban: perm
Time since ban: ~6 months
Who banned you: Raspberry
Reason for original ban: Saying "*****rdly" in Red Menace's birthday thread
Proof(If Applicable): n/a

Reason for unban:
After my first unban thread was denied I originally planned to post another around the time of my 21st birthday. That ended up not happening. Being away from the forums and the community at large helped me realize how much I was leaning into tnb as my only source of social connection during covid which really was not healthy. I like ironic absurdism - I'm a child of internet culture as much as anyone else and with the echo-chambering prevalence of that sort of humor online it's what I grew up with.

I'm really not here to try and make trouble or bait people. I enjoy Tnb and the community that it brings; for a long time I thought the 'jokes on you I was only pretending' type humor was funny to everyone. I still do find that sort of humor funny but being out of Tnb and back in the real world helped me remember that it's not something that everyone appreciates, especially when it has to do with sensitive subjects like race.

I didn't realize how deeply I was actually getting under people's skin - that was never my intention. I just wanted to try and be funny and make people laugh. I'm more cogniscent now than before about how I could've just come off as baiting because that was what I was doing, I just thought that people other than me found it funny. I genuinely didn't realize how much I was bothering people.

I don't know if this sounds contrite. Expressing my thoughts eloquently has always been remarkably hard in written form so I'm just trying to lay everything on the table.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nenko

HLNA Admin
Media Team
Feb 16, 2016
+1

You don't got to be poetic about it. You're a child of the internet like most are here, and most didn't step over the line that often, but who cares. It's been long enough.

You know not to be like that again and how the next time will go, and the next time, and the next time, etc. You don't gotta walk on eggshells here, but just stop breaking eggs.

Next time, Nat, when you're bored of roleplaying on the server, just go do other stuff. It's fine. It's something a lot of people here needed to learn how to do, and speaking personally, coming back here to relieve the lack of feeling of community in your life isn't exactly the best choice either. However you lived your life in the half year, I recommend you nurture that still. Also by coming back, you might be enabling that type of behavior again. So be wary of that. That's my two cents and my personal advice to you since we used to talk often. I'm okay with the unban unless others want to argue it.

blooregardo

goblin admin
HLNA Admin
Media Team
Jun 20, 2011
Pronouns:
He/Him
I didn't realize how deeply I was actually getting under people's skin - that was never my intention. I just wanted to try and be funny and make people laugh. I'm more cogniscent now than before about how I could've just come off as baiting because that was what I was doing, I just thought that people other than me found it funny. I genuinely didn't realize how much I was bothering people.
please remember this next time you're thinking of dropping an off color joke or something borderline nat. as i remember the ban was pretty cut and dry and reputation didnt factor into it, but you had kind of a reputation, even if it was a tongue in cheek reputation, before this happened. if you really want to do more good than harm with humor, you have to remember stuff like that before you make those jokes

Enraged

Mana Addict
Jan 26, 2018
Pronouns:
For anyone curious about why he was banned and the original appeal thread:

erkor

Level 60 Combine Worgen
TRP Admin
HLNA Admin
Media Team
Nov 27, 2019
Pronouns:
He/Him
+1 tbh

not sure if as a non-moderator this matters but aside from the fact you made race-baity jokes i dont think you're a terrible person or some bullshit like that

i think you have a ~6 year old sense of humor, yeah, but i doubt you were trying to get certain people worked up as much as you were making a joke you thought was funnier than others thought

i personally avoid posting any sort of things i find funny if i'm not at least 80% sure the people i share it with are gonna laugh at it but who am i to start giving out fuckin guidelines to making jokes

edit:

wait does the "don't post +1" thing apply if im an admin

Cindy

creative hack
Roleplay Department Administrator
Nov 30, 2015
Pronouns:
She/They
Goes without saying but if you do get unbanned I'm not gonna hesitate to re-issue it if you revert back to what got you here in the first place.

sky

your newest internet obsession
Roleplay Department Administrator
Sep 18, 2015
Pronouns:
They/Them
alright so it pretty much goes without saying that if you lapse back into any previous behavior it's going to be an instantaneous reban with no chance of appeal, learn from your mistakes and be more mindful of what you're saying on any tnb-related medium (and in general)

i really do not want to hear the "oh nat attack is baiting again" thing that i used to hear every day so just play it normal, don't cause any issues and talk about things like everybody else does. that's all we're asking of you. give the small handful of posts above another read or two and make sure you acknowledge the necessary points

unbanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)