Metro Exodus

DTBWolfie

Zealot
Feb 11, 2015
Watched the trailer. I played the Metro games literally beat them both in a week I played them that much. Can't wait either.

Fuzzy Wolfy

The 'good' cop
Jun 24, 2013
It's gunna be sick, I haven't been disappointed by any of the Metro games so far, that's for sure.

Helios

Legend
Dec 1, 2012
I wasn't a fan of the soundtrack they used on the E3 trailer, I preferred the one they used for Last Light - but the gameplay looks solid. I guess I should remain sceptical since it's probably not going to represent the end product, but still.

Gunnerstrip7

Warrior of Sunlight
Aug 17, 2011
Metro: Shadow of Pripyat Sky

No but seriously I love the Metro games so I can't wait to see what this one has to offer

Waptnt

Legend
Dec 3, 2011
Metro1 "Jeez Vasili why does your air let you survive on the surface?"
Metro:E " Because Vladimir I am free roam and you cannot into free roam in small metro"

I was surprised to hear " In a heartbeat" as the theme though.

pirate

TnB's Most Wanted
Sep 8, 2011
Metro1 "Jeez Vasili why does your air let you survive on the surface?"
Metro:E " Because Vladimir I am free roam and you cannot into free roam in small metro"

I was surprised to hear " In a heartbeat" as the theme though.
It's set quite a while after last light so I guess the fallout is settling and the air is breathable again. Also they said it's not free roam, it has a linear, level-based story like the previous games, but the individual levels are much more open.

Fuzzy Wolfy

The 'good' cop
Jun 24, 2013
It's set quite a while after last light so I guess the fallout is settling and the air is breathable again. Also they said it's not free roam, it has a linear, level-based story like the previous games, but the individual levels are much more open.
Honestly? That's a big selling point to me... Open sandboxes are great, but this means everything'll be a lot more polished, potentially.

snuggles

jimmy flanagan 1985
Sep 9, 2016
first off: as someone that started out in gmod rp by dabbling in metro rp

it just does not work

nothing can capture the atmosphere, the feel, the danger and the worry of the metro apart from the games themselves. there's the dripping of the pipes, the distant roars of the nosalis', the screams of people being torn asunder, the anomalies shredding their ways through tunnels, the deep spiritual side of the entire franchise, characters like Khan, the spirits of the metro -- it's just impossible to truly recreate everything that makes Metro so unique and beautiful as a game in garry's mod.

as much as i'd want it to work and i'd love for it to actually work, it just can't and it never will.

moving on, exodus looks great and i really hope it feels great

but, the open world aspect could very easily take away part of the uniqueness that comes with metro. part of what made it great was the tense moments that you'd have inside of the tunnels as you're swarmed from both directions with no escape other than shooting whatever's ahead of you -- and that was even the case on the surface, because you'd have a small area that you couldn't really break from to keep you trapped.

-- whilst writing this pirate made that post and my worries are slightly more put to ease

it's also important to take note that it says "inspired by the books" - which means this might have absolutely jack shit to do with the other games or the new book. inspiration and being based off of is different, because it gives them more freedom. we might be playing as artyom, but we might not aswell - if we are, then the Last Light good ending is obviously canon and i'll bet my left nut the dark ones are to thank for making the air breathable

speaking of, there are a lot of stories that were ended with the last game, and the last game really felt like exactly that -- a last game. this is probably the start of a new set of games which really, really excites me.

tl;dr warily excited

snuggles

jimmy flanagan 1985
Sep 9, 2016
"Metro Exodus is an epic, story-driven first person shooter from 4A Games that blends deadly combat and stealth with exploration and survival horror in one of the most immersive game worlds ever created. Explore the Russian wilderness across vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling story-line that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter. Inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky, Metro Exodus continues Artyom’s story in the greatest Metro adventure yet"

the website

Sinclair

Zealot
Feb 15, 2015
man i fuckin love the metro series. i distinctly remember the crazy intense scene on the cart in 2033, and feeling really bad for the poor guy who got yanked off the cart while he was unconscious.

Ballin

Zealot
Feb 19, 2015
as a guy who read all three books and played the first two games damn I really hope it's good.

from the looks it builds off the third book. Here's what happens at the end of the third book -

Artyom and his Girlfriend end of getting a car after discovering that the rest of the world outside of Russia like the U.S. is perfectly fine so they end up leaving Moscow together after they are chased down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)