mart - RDM/roleplay disruption/retardation

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate

friend
Sep 8, 2011
OOC Name: "mart"
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:53987738
Character Name: Markus Torbjorn, Selena Roza
What happened: Baneposting in IC chat led to "mart" getting DMed because we were trying to roleplay and he was not. He subsequently returned multiple times attempting to mass RDM the group of players that RDMed him for baneposting. Bear in mind that there were no admins on the server at the time and he was obviously not in-character, while we were actually engaged in some nice reflective stuff.
Time it happened: 12:00ish CST
Pictures/Proof:

Derreck Withnail: Well, I've thought it back and forth, and the truth is we weren't ready for the advent of something such as read/write. It wasn't thought of to inhibit that. With access to the world-wide-web, and an exemplary expanse of databases, cameras, conversations.
Derreck Withnail: It learned from everything at once.
Derreck Withnail: So-- Yes.
** Riley looks to Vasi for help as the technobabble goes above her head.
Derreck Withnail: It was a glitch.
Markus Torbjorn: This is too deep for me.
Vasilievich: --They gave it access to all th'information humani had access to.
Vasilievich: [LOCAL-OOC] humanity*
Riley: ... and, what, it just decided, like, "fuck these people in particular," or-?
Markus Torbjorn: You're a big guy.
Exercitus: What?
Markus Torbjorn: Was getting reprogrammed a part of your plan?
not pirate killed mart using trp_skynet_35watt
Exercitus: What?
Derreck Withnail: That... is still uncertain.
Markus Torbjorn: [LOCAL-OOC] what the fuck
Vasilievich: Well-- Human history is plauged wit' wars, isn't it?
Riley: [OOC] listen markus i can tell ur a bit of a dipshit but dont banepost near where ppl are rpin
Markus Torbjorn: [OOC] i was rping with my friend. who made u the rp police lol?
Wait 76 seconds to talk in OOC.
Vasilievich: Imagine bein' exposed to all th'information humanity has to offer, an' most of it bein' war an' fucked up shit we did in th'past?
Vasilievich: [OOC] idk if he's ur friend if all he ever said to you was ''What?''
Vasilievich: [LOCAL-OOC] .*
Vasilievich: Not a good look.
** Riley shrugs her shoulders. She turns back to the sky.
** Derreck Withnail follows her eyes. He lets out a huff amidst the quiet air.
Markus Torbjorn: [LOCAL-OOC] right so which one of you assholes killed me?
not pirate killed mart using trp_skynet_35watt
(Vasilievich) ** ''Fuck SkyNET.'', Vasi' concluded. **
Riley: [OOC] see you on the forums
Riley: ... yep. Fuck SkyNET.
** Riley points. "Look. I see one. A constellation."
Vasilievich: Oh?
Riley: Yeah. It's shaped like...
Riley: ... a triangle.
mart killed not pirate using trp_fal
Stierlexia! killed mart using trp_ks23
Vasilievich: [OOC] thanks for the gun
Riley: [OOC] lmao i bet you think youre getting that swep back somehow
Vasilievich: I don't think that's a constellation.
Derreck Withnail: Sure it is.
Vasilievich: --I mean, look!
Derreck Withnail: They're all constellations-- In the end.
Vasilievich: Triangle one, triangle two, traingle three.
Derreck Withnail: What're you gonna name it?
Vasilievich: There's plenty of 'em.
Derreck Withnail: That don't matter none. I'm sure there's a thousand triangles, but not that same one.
Derreck Withnail: Not those same three stars.
Riley: I think I'll call it-...
** Riley folds her arms on the wall in front of her.
Vasilievich: [LOCAL-OOC] no one on drone
Vasilievich: .
Riley: ... Tommy.
Vasilievich: Awwh.
Vasilievich: I like it.
Vasilievich: [OOC] you know i'm glad i got some nice rp in it's a fucking shame that it only took place once everyone fucking left the server
Derreck Withnail: [OOC] thats the secret, i only come out of my robo-shell to rp when no one can see it...
Derreck Withnail: See how you did that?
Vasilievich: [LOCAL-OOC] by the time random people stopped coming up to me saying ''survivor outfit with molle vest'' everyone fucking left the server
Derreck Withnail: The Greeks must've done the same thing.
Riley: [LOCAL-OOC] hahahah
Vasilievich: [LOCAL-OOC] SO THANKS PIRATE
mart killed not pirate using trp_m4
Vasilievich: [LOCAL-OOC] you fucking cunt
mart killed Stierlexia! using trp_m4
anschib killed mart using trp_m1014

Pretty lame for some retard to be mass RDMing after midnight when the only people on the server are trying to roleplay!

Guy doesn't have a forum account, so I'm posting this as his mate. All my involvement in this situation is shooting him and killing him after he tried to shoot the group up, but this is his response to the request on steam;

[6:37 AM]
Martyr:
Right, so I met up with my friend and decided to joke around with them which lead to me getting RDM'ed and you acting all cocky in the OOC chat.
I returned and decided to ask why the fuck you retards rdmed me only to get shot again, and made fun of in OOC.
I then decided enough was enough and RDM'ed you folks. I agree what I did was stupid, but that shouldn't excuse your retarded behaviour in this situation.

btw when i said ''Vasilievich: [LOCAL-OOC] you fucking cunt'' i was talking to pirate not mart

fuck pirate

Last edited:
Guy doesn't have a forum account, so I'm posting this as his mate. All my involvement in this situation is shooting him and killing him after he tried to shoot the group up, but this is his response to the request on steam;

[6:37 AM]
Martyr:
Right, so I met up with my friend and decided to joke around with them which lead to me getting RDM'ed and you acting all cocky in the OOC chat.
I returned and decided to ask why the fuck you retards rdmed me only to get shot again, and made fun of in OOC.
I then decided enough was enough and RDM'ed you folks. I agree what I did was stupid, but that shouldn't excuse your retarded behaviour in this situation.
If "I was baneposting IC" is the hill he's choosing to die on, this should be a short ban req.

If "I was baneposting IC" is the hill he's choosing to die on, this should be a short ban req.
[6:48 AM]
Martyr:
Tell Pirate
That If I am to get a short ban for baneposting then you should get a permaban for rdming twice.

[6:48 AM]
Martyr:
Tell Pirate
That If I am to get a short ban for baneposting then you should get a permaban for rdming twice.
To clarify again, he got RDMed for interrupting roleplay. He had no SWEPs equipped and lost nothing by being relocated to the spawn where he would have been free to continue his memeing if he wanted to. There were no admins on so calling for an admin wouldn't have done - actually didn't do - any good (it took Mongoose 30 minutes to connect).

I'm not going to accept that we've got to deal with retards spewing memes in IC chat just because there's no admins on at the time to handle them!!! I would like to roleplay on roleplay server!!!

To clarify again, he got RDMed for interrupting roleplay. He had no SWEPs equipped and lost nothing by being relocated to the spawn where he would have been free to continue his memeing if he wanted to. There were no admins on so calling for an admin wouldn't have done - actually didn't do - any good (it took Mongoose 30 minutes to connect).

I'm not going to accept that we've got to deal with retards spewing memes in IC chat just because there's no admins on at the time to handle them!!! I would like to roleplay on roleplay server!!!
[7:00 AM]
Martyr:
Pirate, instead of shooting me and trying to show off how "good" you are at s2k which you frankly aren't, you could have told me in LOOC that I have pestered your precious roleplay.
That would have resolved the situation without anybody getting RDMed.No, you just had to RDM instead of acting like a rational human being. As someone whos quite new to this server I find it quite retarded that people can just rdm each other if they find their roleplay to be disturbed by a third party.

This whole situation could have been avoided if we just let him go on his way and kept to our own roleplay. Joking memes or not.

We were literally going about memeing "Survivor Outfit with MOLLE Vest" frequently in our RP (see quotes thread), there's no reason why we couldn't have just let it pass.

Instead, Pirate, you shot him and then goaded him in OOC. Mart wasn't in the right to come back and RDM but this whole cascade of events started because of that.

Honestly, my roleplay was ruined more by the frequent pauses due to RDMing and having to let them bicker in OOC than it was ruined by any 'baneposting'.

Ah yes sending him back to spawn, a capital offense. Off with my head! Or he can just piss off and stop trying to inject 4chan memes into roleplay.

I’ve interacted with Mart for years now on another server. It isn’t hard to ignore him. Just don’t pay attention and he’ll go on his merry way man.

Ah yes sending him back to spawn, a capital offense. Off with my head! Or he can just piss off and stop trying to inject 4chan memes into roleplay.
[7:05 AM]
Martyr:
Pirate, I recommend a private roleplaying server if you are actually mad about me and my mate having a lower "standard of rp" than you.

Over a decade of weird gmod roleplayers being weird gmod roleplayers underneath your belt, and you can't let a guy do what: a few emotes of semi-memey things when we were doing the same thing amongst ourselves? I didn't even know he was quoting something until you made a big fuss about it. My immersion wasn't ruined until the RDMing started. If yours was ruined by his oddball emotes, roll your eyes and live with it.

C'mon.

I’ve interacted with Mart for years now on another server. It isn’t hard to ignore him. Just don’t pay attention and he’ll go on his merry way man.
The fact that I had to post a ban request on the forums to get him to stop sprinting back to us and trying to mow all 3 of us down over and over again suggests otherwise. He got sent back to spawn for memeing in IC chat, it's really not that big of a deal.

Over a decade of weird gmod roleplayers being weird gmod roleplayers underneath your belt, and you can't let a guy do what: a few emotes of semi-memey things when we were doing the same thing amongst ourselves? I didn't even know he was quoting something until you made a big fuss about it. My immersion wasn't ruined until the RDMing started. If yours was ruined by his oddball emotes, roll your eyes and live with it.

C'mon.
Again this had to go to the forums because he kept trying to RDM us all (or rather kept actually RDMing us all). I really don't see me sending him back to spawn for a meme emote as something that merits this whole big production.

Riley: [OOC] again the only reason you got called into this was his blatantly retarded reaction to literally nothing. you rdm all the time. i rdm all the time. stier rdms all the time. mox rdms all the time. its literally nothing, even when sweps are lost in the process, nobody gives a shit until it starts disrupting roleplay, which is where we draw the line and start handing out bans. he knew he was disrupting roleplay and did it on purpose.

Last edited:
[7:08 AM]
Martyr:
Reply to braker with this message
I concur with Brakers statement and I am a peaceful roleplayer. Therefore I seek to apologize to anyone I have RDM'ed except Pirate as he has not seen the errors of his ways yet.

Going back and RDMing someone over and over is dumb. That shouldn't have ever happened. We're all in agreement, including the accused.

But what doesn't seem to go away, for as long as I can remember and probably even longer, is your need to vigilante RDM people instead of either ignoring them or solving the issue with your words. This issue has spanned years and servers.

If you're not willing to take the time to rectify an issue with someone with your own words then perhaps you should have just ignored it.

This is a vicious cycle that seems to be endless with you, Pirate. Writing this is more of a formality because I know that in the end my breath is wasted trying to convince you of that.

No one else was bothered by mart aside from you. You made this an issue. He made it worse. At least he understands what he did wrong.

Going back and RDMing someone over and over is dumb. That shouldn't have ever happened. We're all in agreement, including the accused.

But what doesn't seem to go away, for as long as I can remember and probably even longer, is your need to vigilante RDM people instead of either ignoring them or solving the issue with your words. This issue has spanned years and servers.

If you're not willing to take the time to rectify an issue with someone with your own words then perhaps you should have just ignored it.

This is a vicious cycle that seems to be endless with you, Pirate. Writing this is more of a formality because I know that in the end my breath is wasted trying to convince you of that.

No one else was bothered by mart aside from you. You made this an issue. He made it worse. At least he understands what he did wrong.
Lol you rdm people all the fucking time you cretin. Literally everyone does. It's near-constant on TRP. Don't even start with that. We draw the line when it starts interrupting actual, serious roleplay. That's where we've always drawn the line. That's why this is a "years long" issue.

You guys really need to grow up. I shouldn't have to come moderate something on server at 2AM that you could have all avoided by not fucking around. If you can't control your impulses then you should get off server for the night, and your fucking about should NEVER come at the expense of others.

Still everyone has been warned and I think appropriate action has been taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread