1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major Problem

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by Pew, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Pew

Pew wonga
    HL2 Admin

United States
    okay so last night my computer was working fine, was watching netflix and had wow in the background and everything was going smooth

i go to sleep and wake up to turn my comp on, everything seems to be running smoothly until i launch discord

once i launch discord, i notice that my audio has gotten 3x as loud as normal even though the discord sound has been turned down to 25% on my system

next, my geforce experience will not update and attempting to manually install drivers makes it fail aswell, trying to launch steam says it needs to be repaired

i have no clue what to fucking do guys

e; steam seems fixed now but my other issues are still prevalent, i tried using my man o' war's usb dongle in a different seat and it was installing the drivers for 5 minutes straight with no progress whatsoever

[​IMG][​IMG]

e; my hdd is partitioned and im not sure whether my computer just is not reading the partitions properly or what, im encapsulated by this problem and im no techie

also tried doing a factory restore from a later date and it won't allow me to do so because i 'updated earlier than 10 days ago'

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Pew

Pew wonga
    HL2 Admin

United States
    I'm going to go with a full reset and see if my problems are fixed

e; didnt work

#2 Pew, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  3. Benji Dooble

Benji Dooble diamond in the rough

United States
  4. Pew

Pew wonga
    HL2 Admin

United States
    so the problem is still ongoing, im able to functionally play games but at the cost of not being able to use my microphone

the problem has also extended from not just graphics card drivers, to geforce experience install failing, to realtek hd audio install failing and the installation of my headset in a different jack being stuck at 5%~

ive searched high and low through the webs and haven't found anything, i tried resetting and it said windows encountered a problem and could not reset my pc, no changes were made

• Friendly Friendly x 1