1. Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.

Lemonfizzle's HL2 Unban appeal.

Discussion in 'HL2 Unban' started by Lemonfizzle, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Lemonfizzle

Lemonfizzle Senior Member

United States
    It's been a while, so I can't remember the character of whom I was banned on, or who dealt the ban, but I know that it has carried over into the PHL2RP Iteration, so I figured since I cared enough to want to see how it all goes, to set up an unban appeal.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21056736

Original length of ban: Permanent.

Time since ban: I'd have to say maybe a a couple months? All I know it was one of the very lastdays of HL2RP, folks were gathered in a type of building on the cost, having a bit of a victory party which ended up getting interrupted by some combine holograph or something-or-other for it to give some foreboding 'You haven't seen the last of us' speech.

Reason for original ban: Some kind of RDM if I remember. Some OOC exchange of punches which ended in my dumb and probably half-awake self spraying the person with bullets, leading to a perma.

Reason for unban: I guess you could say it's a passing of time sort of thing. When ZRP launched, I figured I would step into it as a chance to better myself and show I could act a bit more mature. Stanley Wingate was the character I played, tried to make him a little interesting and build his character. Surprisingly I was enabled advanced tooltrust for ZRP and did my best not to fuck about with it, mainly used if for general prop and setting-building and use for rp. I think I made a 'big spider' as a joke, and had a character who played bongos (a set of two paintcan props I'd poke repeatedly to make bongo sounds.) while the Pre-outbreak City RP was going on. I was never really given a gun, just a few melee weapons to fend off npcs with. I can't give much other reason than 'it's been a while, it's another HL2 iteration, I enjoy HL2RP and there's no where else to really go' in words, so I figured I'd try and let what little of my actions in the ZRP server speak. I know I rped with Toast some, Catwhomimes and folk in their group, though after a while I kind of fell out of the story's loop and got disinterested, thus not being as active on the server anymore. I'm willing to discuss any kinds of concerns on me coming back, talk about it I guess since I'm really interested in seeing on how PHL2 goes over, seeing what new characters I can make, or what old characters I can redeem.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Disorder

Disorder Zealot

Romania
    You played on TRP too previous to ZRP and I can clearly state that you were one of the most annoying and provoking people there, you were kicked multiple times for unserious behaviour and ruining the interraction with others as a result.

I don't know what you did on ZRP for example but I really hope you got your act in order, you're an alright dude but you have those moments when your brain short-circuits and starts messing around.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    Stop bein dumb & you're probably fine. You had already gotten perma'd by toast (actually adderall but w/e) prior to this because you made a gooc emote about getting a boner. Don't be doin shit like that or you'll get fucked all over again lol
    https://www.taconbanana.com/threads/lemonfizzles-unban-request.29884/

4. blooregardo

blooregardo padre gringo
    Paroxysm Admin

United States
    PHL2 won't be around long and from what it sounds like some of these are repeated bahaviors. If you get banned again --assuming it's not another permanent ban-- you could miss the bulk of the story.

There's a time and place for screwing around, but that isn't often and you need to be more courteous. Plus there's clearly a difference between your sense of humor and that of the bulk of the community, so it's probably best to keep those kinds of jokes to yourself or your friends. Really look over your past unban threads and try and identify the discourteous and disruptive behavior that got you in trouble, and avoid doing that in the future.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. nec

nec lemondog

Australia
    i'm fine with this, as bloo said phl2 isn't gonna be around for long anyway. please just learn when to fuck around vs when to take things seriously

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bungo

Bungo sopping wet
    Paroxysm Admin

United States
    I have enough faith in you to take yourself seriously. You weren’t a bother at zrp, so I have faith in you to take this seriously. This is your only shot, make it count.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Adderall

Adderall Legend

United States
    You had a terrible record of breaking people's immersion and not listening when people would ask you, no, beg you to stop and take situations seriously. You didn't just get banned because you made a boner joke, that's ridiculous. You were banned because your behavior has been consistent over the course of months during the uprising and before it started. You're going to be banned again if you don't correct your behavior in the future.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Lemonfizzle

Lemonfizzle Senior Member

United States
    I agree that all my idiotic doings in regular HL2 and TRP had accosted others and set up an unsavory rep for me in the community. Though it was never purposefully meant to interrupt folks, I guess then I thought people would think it was more 'haha funny joke'. Boy was I wrong. I did get banned for a lot more than a boner joke. That joke was probably more so the straw that broke the camel's back in the case. Looking back on all that is are quite embarrassing for me and I'm pretty ashamed of it honestly. It's why I've been utilizing ZRP and hopefully PHL2 as a chance to further get my act in check, take things more seriously, and build a better image for me, and make good with others in the TnB community.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  9. drac

drac Senior Member

Canada
    There's a lot to be said for repeated fuck ups and general mingery. When you get older, you start to realize the value RP has to offer. As it was stated above, phl2 won't be around for long...

As someone who came into this community at a young age, and was repeatedly banned for being an immature brat -- take what I say with a bit of weight. If you truly give RP a proper shot, you'll find a complete other life that can be lived out. Garrysmod roleplay is one of the few places you'll find such a unique mix of story-telling and player-interaction. Not only can it be very fun if taken seriously, but very rewarding.

10. Levinx

Levinx Zealot

Canada
    That's a good start, some people apologizes and make up excuses, blaming it on others.
    But owning up to your mistakes shows

11. Kieck

Kieck poland can into space

Poland
    Lemonfizzle behaviour everyone pointed out was completely absent in ZRP.
    He did his homework very well and managed to create a character and stop himself from making funny memes IC from what I have seen.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Newticus

Newticus thotticus
    Paroxysm Admin Contributor

United States
    I'm a fan of second chances, especially when there's evidence of improvement.
    I'm cool with you coming back seeing as you've learned from mistakes in the past.

• Agree Agree x 1