1. Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.

Lemon Boy's Unban appeal!

Discussion in 'TRP Unban' started by Multisovl, Feb 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multisovl

Multisovl Junior Member

United Kingdom
    Name of character: Meiko 'Menma' Honma
    Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:197332747
    Original length of ban: Permanent
    Time since ban: An hour or two ago. (From when this was posted)
    Who banned you: I didn't catch his name and it wasn't in the ban message but the in game name was 'can of beans'
    Reason for original ban: Item Transferring and lying when confronted.
    Proof(If Applicable):
    Reason for unban: I do understand lying about what I had done was in no way the right thing to do and I should be punished to some degree but I don't believe a permanent ban was really necessary as compared to a lot of other things what I had done doesn't seem that bad. The ban in general is understandable but to have it be permanent doesn't seem fair. Ehe!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. valerstein

valerstein RANDAL

[​IMG]
    It's to get you on the forums and formulate an actual apology, that's why a permanent ban was issued.

:speechless:

3. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    @popo i believe this is for u

Dude even if you didn't know that item transferring isn't allowed you should know that it's not okay to charswap when a drone is chasing you to avoid consequences. That's already one, much more minor, strike. It makes me think you know that what you're doing is wrong, especially since you lied to the admin before he banned you.

Item transferring is treated as one of the most serious offenses on TnB and will get you thrown below real fucking quick dude. Don't do it, and especially dont lie to the admins when they ask you about it lmao

4. Chad

Chad Zealot

United States
    Permanent bans are used more as a tool to force communication between the player and the admin team, from experience I can tell you that 99% of the time a temporary ban only yields vengeful results- like RDMing or lashing out in other disruptive ways to the server. It's a slippery slope and trying to determine amount of length you ban someone for breaking a rule is pretty inefficient (there are exceptions). Much easier to permanently remove them for the time being and discuss on the forums, makes people honest and more open since they have to actually prove their remorse and willingness to change instead of just waiting it out.

Admitting you broke the rules, apologizing, and moving passed your mistake is the best route. This isn't permanent, unless you really want it to be.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Wizard

Wizard Actually a wizard.
    TRP Admin

United States
    I wasn't the one that issued the ban, but I can totally see why it was issued.

Every time I see you on the server you're barely roleplaying by any measure, usually just sprinting around the map and interrupting S2RP situations, presumably hoovering up guns around the map. I nearly banned you yesterday afternoon when you mingegrabbed a dropped item, sprinted off with it and proceeded to s2k the people chasing you. This isn't including the kicks you received for simply walking up to people and doing an emote of smacking them on the ass.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. headfever

headfever Senior Member

United States
    Weren't you already banned for a day about a week ago?

You also seem to cause trouble about every time you're on the server. I remember one time when I dropped something for someone and you just emoted grabbing it, S2Ked me, and ran off.

You had also constantly been opening the door to the CnC, trying to antagonize people to the point where they'll shoot you.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. popo

popo Zealot
    TRP Admin

United States
    To make a long story short, I decided to ban you for lying when confronted. When I said "last chance to admit it and just delete them", I was hoping you would admit your wrong and we'd all move on but you doubled down on a lie. Compounded with the fact that you had just shot at skynet and then dc'd to avoid consequences, I think a ban is warranted but I'm willing to drop it down to a week if you agree to cut the shit from now on @Multisovl

Here's some server guides if you're interested
    https://www.taconbanana.com/threads/psa-item-transfers-and-script-play.29973/
    https://www.taconbanana.com/threads/the-etiquette-of-terminator-role-play.29514/
    https://www.taconbanana.com/threads/pk-pi-guidelines.29932/
    https://www.taconbanana.com/threads/business-trading-licenses-the-lowdown.31911/

8. Multisovl

Multisovl Junior Member

United Kingdom
    I shall cut the poop from now on!

9. popo

popo Zealot
    TRP Admin

United States
    unbanned

10. scripts!

scripts! Senior Member

lock the thread @popo