Is TRP dying?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disorder

Zealot
Nov 14, 2012
I think we reached that part where there's not that much activity anymore on TRP and we have to panic if it's going to die soon or not.
We need to establish who's fault it is that caused this to happen, I don't want to give names ( Davebrown Davebrown ).

Joke aside I see that things are becoming boring / stale, maybe some of you can toss up some suggestions to try and improve things. I really like the server's theme and it'd be a shame to see it go down.

jules

Saver of TnB
Jun 2, 2015
things became stale/boring in the first month of the server rofl. while i had high hopes for trp, i realized how stupid the theme is for a longlasting roleplay schema. you are fighting bots with no personality and they are literally designed to walk straight and keep firing. what dynamic storyline can you craft with that? they die, and respawn. there is no risk for terminators and there is nothing to lose for them either.

there was no fluid human v human antagonism, no overaching plans for a campaign, no strategies to employ, there wasn't even any of that juicy drama when it came to leadership in tech-comm, comon we couldn't even manage a coup? that's why hl2 is real good because there's so much opportunity for that type of stuff.

you can only ride off of nostalgia for so long -- as you can see for majority of the admin team that have been loa for months. i don't blame them, or anyone else. the server was boring as fuck.

for now i would just wait for something better to come along, paroxysm sounds pretty cool. with trp we did pull in quite a few new members, so i'm excited to see them integrate into some real good rp they missed out way back when hl2 was around.

LittleB

Rainbow Dash is Cute
Aug 8, 2011
you are fighting bots with no personality and they are literally designed to walk straight and keep firing. what dynamic storyline can you craft with that? they die, and respawn. there is no risk for terminators and there is nothing to lose for them either.

there was no fluid human v human antagonism
much like zrp

Rabid

Legend
Dec 25, 2015
much like zrp
Except with ZRP effort has gone into an ongoing campaign and the setting is designed around the fact that eventually zombies won't be the main antagonists and instead become more of a side-threat to the human conflict (as in any good zombie fiction), which TRP didn't have.

And by the time it did have it the staff team weren't in a position to make any big changes, despite their efforts, because the majority was dissatisfied or not interested in a serious enviroment.

Comparing TRP to ZRP is like comparing two cars on the basis they have four wheels while one is also falling apart and missing an engine.

LittleB

Rainbow Dash is Cute
Aug 8, 2011
Comparing TRP to ZRP is like comparing two cars on the basis they have four wheels while one is also falling apart and missing an engine.
Actually I think they are a lot similar:

-TRP's administration has worked hard on storylines, look at the Mexico plotline which lasted weeks and Mox's event recently.

-Drones are not always the main antagonists anymore with the Mexicans, Silk Road, Vesties and general banditry taking place.

-At least TRP has -some- content and canon to base itself off, as I mentioned before there is a reason we stick to content rich universes like HL2 and SRP because there are swathes of lore and plotlines to go down. Unless you have a team of fulltime professional content creators and story writers (sorry but toast writing 3 paragraphs does not count as lore)...as I said before I'll bet a fat dollar it won't last more than 4 or 5 months at best as it has no characteristics for longevity.

But on the main topic of why TRP is dying, Jules basically highlighted them. It was never meant to be long term anyway.

Last edited:

HamSolo

Jul 20, 2018
Didn't TRP have 40 people on it literally a week ago..? A handful of new games just dropped, a few days of low activity seems to be the cycle. 2 days before TRP had 40 on, it was low pop for a few days also.

We had a CCC on this last week as well
But on the main topic of why TRP is dying, Jules basically highlighted them. It was never meant to be long term anyway.
We went in circles for a few days saying this same shit, highlighting problems we've all said before isn't the point here. Repeating the line "trp isn't long-term" while offering the same complaints gets old fast.

Most of this falls on deaf ears- the two realistic choices we can make as average members, is to either try to think of new suggestions, or just be quiet and let trp run its course.

And honestly, if we think TRP pop is low now, it's gonna fizzle even harder when zrp comes out. Don't see low numbers for a few days and scream "it's dead" on the forums.

Anony

morally bankrupt degenerate
Nov 24, 2013
wow that's amazing

it doesn't even show him being quoted it's like he doesn't exist

everyone do this for a better forum experience

Kieck

poland can into space
Nov 2, 2014
Except with ZRP effort has gone into an ongoing campaign and the setting is designed around the fact that eventually zombies won't be the main antagonists and instead become more of a side-threat to the human conflict (as in any good zombie fiction), which TRP didn't have.

And by the time it did have it the staff team weren't in a position to make any big changes, despite their efforts, because the majority was dissatisfied or not interested in a serious enviroment.

dude don’t fucking bother littleb is a mouthbreather and no amount of paragraphs will change it

Davebrown

my role as server owner is to ruin your roleplay
Senior Executive Administrator
May 16, 2011
good lord do we really need another thread to stir more poo into the piss pot

yes its empty right now

yes people do get bored of things and without a steady influx of new impressionable players it does become stale

yes it will probably be inactive for a while due to this fact

yes something new and fresh and shiny is on the horizon which people will no doubt play with much enthusiasm

yes people will probably declare that the new fresh shiny thing on the horizon is the beacon of roleplay salvation for reasons x y and z

yes for a while it probably will seem that way

yes at some point it will then start to see the same or similar issues arise

no i will not be shutting down TRP for whatever reason, the server will remain up and when people are ready and perhaps have taken some time away to appreciate it, they will probably come back to it

using current game releases as an excuse for population is a load of crap - if the server was holding peoples attention they wouldnt care if a WoW expansion was about to drop or whatever

i say let ZRP have its imminent time to shine, appreciate it for what it is / will be and instead of being on a high horse about the proposed quality of roleplay and storytelling, appreciate TRP also for what it was always meant to be and was very good at delivering.

honestly if you think TRP was a limited roleplaying environment, id say that ZRP is even more so........its still human survival against a common enemy with inter-group conflicts.........however without the room for sci fi elements and other abstract / futuristic stuff. if its going to last as long as it has been proposed to - it will need to purely off the back of a LOT of well planned storytelling, which is certainly to the strength of those running it......however i think that only appeals to a certain demographic of our playerbase........and thus for exactly the reason many people got bored of TRPs lack of storyline, many will get bored exactly for the reason that ZRP may be too thick on it. afterall shooting zombies is only gonna be fun for a certain amount of time.

in conclusion

stop being dramatic and just play whatever is popular at the time like everyone else

Levinx

Zealot
Aug 4, 2011
I've got an idea to make TRP alive again and to make it cool
Alright, imma detail some shit the at the top of my head;
We go into space. Sounds shitty? well, fuck you.
SkyNET has a death cannon or something stationed on the Moon, it's final development stage is near completion and can wipe out all resistance bases within a blink of an eye. Tech-Comm, being Technical and stuff is given the assignment to destroy the facility on the Moon ... But, how do we get to the Moon?
You see, there was a secret government organization that were off the books entirely, their purpose was to send a bunch of people to Mars, maybe Venus or some fucking shit to colonize it and make some kinda of experiment. They built a half working shuttle to fit a bunch of people into it and send them off to Mars or somewhere. We uncover those secrets and we fix the shuttle and have a Space War with SkyNET. Infiltrate into the Moon Base, have a fucking laser show with our plasma rifles and set a bunch of explosions. We leave and watch the explosion behind our ass as we make our way home. Boom. Good shit. Far fetched idea, but that's what you get from listening to me.

It's fun to just come up with the wacky ideas and fantasize about it. Everyone is just serious majority of the time, we all gotta relax, chill, live a little on this virtual game.
I'll donate 100 dollars for a space suit

Levinx

Zealot
Aug 4, 2011
Why not have moon base on Ureanus lol :P
Buddy, it can be my anus or your anus or anyone butthole, bottom line is that you can contribute, I can contribute, anyone can contribute.
We all rely on admins to do some shit and they get strained out and stressed from time to time and they just wanna relax and do some other shit. Can't blame 'em,
sneezing slug sneezing slug @Zombiedude101 jules jules Levinx Levinx
i appreciate that man(girl? i forgot ...) for making a storyline for us and anyone else really that contributed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)