Is TNB ZRP coming back?

AdamIsAwesome

Jul 9, 2016
Yo, is TNB ZRP coming back for the third time? I can't tell if it is or not, and some random server for it opened again? And it's locked. Strange right.. I've seen stuff that has gave me little hints on how it may be coming back up again, but then I see another person that is trolling, and puts in some unhelpful comment or some shit, which kind of brings my hopes back down about it , and honestly confuses the SHIT out of me. I can't really make any sense of it.

Me and my friends have been trying to debunk if it is coming back, and we've been getting hype as fuck over it. Among these many friends include Jacob Dice McDonald, from the tnb zombie rp, if you can remember him. He plays on a lot of rp servers, you'll see his name a lot.

Can I get a straight answer from someone who actually knows, and is not shitposting?

And if it is coming back up, BIG IF, maybe update the title and date?

And if it isn't coming, why is there a server back up for it? And why is the map set to the nostalgic map we all know, gm_boreas?

k im done

Last edited:

Sinclair

Zealot
Feb 15, 2015
no, more than likely not. if it does come back itd be a surprise. we've done 2 seperate short ZRP RR's, and 2 different longer ZRP RR's. we've done so much zombie that if it did come back, it wont be for quite awhile due to the over saturation.

there's been some recent talk about it due to a necropost on the old paroxysm thread or two, and thats where most of the recent attention has come from.

AdamIsAwesome

Jul 9, 2016
Sinclair Sinclair

Interesting. I haven't been able to find the server for it, until now, and only just noticed the new server on the server list, you know, the one you see on the front page to the right of your screen. It's never been there before, and if you click on it it says " TNB ZRP ". Can't join it, since it's locked. Weird, huh?

Sinclair

Zealot
Feb 15, 2015
its odd but i think it might be a holdover from when that server was used for zrp, but it might be preparing for a separate RR or some sort of testing. considering the current troubles with hl2 and its script i wouldnt count on a new zrp server unless bennet's about to pull a tricky.

Raklo

Legend
Feb 2, 2015
zrp has always been introduced to TnB as a pet project of one person or another's, and lacks the necessary consistent plot progression/player motivations to be sustained indefinitely like our other flagships, HL2/TRP/etc

Robe

some fucking pog fuck
Sep 30, 2012
zrps have been short lived and usually bring good roleplay for the time they're up, i can understand where keeping one afloat for awhile would be kind of jarring. the conflict is really player driven in the server. right now would not be the time to further divide the population, however. it's in some tug-of-war right now between TRP and HL2, since the semester has kicked off for most/all students that play, it's even more difficult. not the best time for it, for certain. raklo put it good as well in terms of plot progression.

pirate

TnB's Most Wanted
Sep 8, 2011
honestly i dont care anymore. hl2rp, zrp, srp, i dont give a shit. i just want a server that remains populated and interesting for more than 3 months, which supports and sustains good roleplay and interesting characters

just give me something

posepsi

actually el pepso
May 20, 2011
Granted, the long awaited taconbanana.com Zootopia:RP server is launching next week. Make sure to fill out the apps ahead of time if you want to play a carnivore.

valerstein

RANDAL
Sep 28, 2015
honestly i dont care anymore. hl2rp, zrp, srp, i dont give a shit. i just want a server that remains populated and interesting for more than 3 months, which supports and sustains good roleplay and interesting characters

just give me something
God give us SRP

Negative

Has absolutely no life
TRP Admin
May 24, 2011

just give me something
It's nice that we can start new settings/servers quite quickly and easily now. At the same time, perhaps due to planning, we tend to cripple any other server which has momentum and a playerbase when we start another.

LilSumac

Zealot
Oct 2, 2012

just give me something
dont care anymore. hl2rp, zrp, srp, i dont give a shit. i just want a server that remains populated
hl2rp, zrp, srp

YOU HEARD THE MAN

jules

Saver of TnB
Jun 2, 2015
Well I heard from Jacob Dice McDonald, from the tnb zombie rp , that ZRP is INDEED coming back. Jacob Dice McDonald from the TnB server specifically TOLD me that ZRP is indeed coming back. Are you trying to say Jacob Dice McDonald, from the tnb zombie rp. Is lying?

Charles.C

Apr 1, 2018
Well I heard from Jacob Dice McDonald, from the tnb zombie rp , that ZRP is INDEED coming back. Jacob Dice McDonald from the TnB server specifically TOLD me that ZRP is indeed coming back. Are you trying to say Jacob Dice McDonald, from the tnb zombie rp. Is lying?
Yes.

blooregardo

padre gringo
Jun 20, 2011
some of the most fun i've ever had at tnb is when we've tried an original setting or an original spin on a classic setting

Davebrown

my role as server owner is to ruin your roleplay
Senior Executive Administrator
May 16, 2011
im not condoning any further reboots and rehashes of stuff we have done before

they fail because theyre half arsed copies of ideas that have already had their time

i do love the SRP server dynamic, but what i really want to do is transplant that style onto our own setting so were not limited by a story that has basically already been written

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)