Denied Incognito - unserious scriptwhoring, serial d/cing to avoid RP

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate

friend
Sep 8, 2011
Escalating this from the stash thread due to the behavior that spawned the thread being aggressively stupid and obviously punishable.

OOC Name: Incognito
SteamID:
Character Name: Muggsy
What happened:

Character is a throwaway bandit character with an unserious, self-aware name who only comes into play for the sole purpose of mugging people for their guns. Incognito whines at you if you attempt to disengage or are otherwise not interested. After successfully obtaining scripts, Incognito disconnects literally the instant he is permitted to do so by the rules, which is a heavy metagame tactic. Overall it is clear that his whole purpose on the server is to take advantage of other players for script benefits for himself and any OOC friends he is able to involve. In addition, he is a smug ass about it.

Time it happened: ~
Pictures/Proof:

Here's an example of the smug ass behavior mentioned above.

1599879804308.png

Aside from the antics discussed above (such as the infamous recent mugging of an entire PT followed by sprinting away and DCing inside of the time it took for firearms to be distributed to responding units), see Incognito's posts in this thread:

Clearly this guy is not here to contribute to anyone else's roleplay, or even make an effort to create his own beyond what concerns the acquisition of script items, primarily guns.

my first encounter with incognito on the server consisted of having to step in on a ooc level and stop him from pressuring a newer member of the community into letting himself be mugged despite the fact the victim's character wasn't even IC at the time of the attempted mug

had i known incog is known for this kind of exploitative script-seeking behaviour I'd have made a request myself but pirate beat me to the punch

pirat already linked the thread where i originally posted these logs but i'll copy and paste them here just for ease of access

--

[PM from Léandre Sauvageau] im getting mugged now thanks
[PM to Léandre Sauvageau] LOL
[PM to Léandre Sauvageau] you were not there IC tell them to fuck off
[PM to Léandre Sauvageau] are they seriously mugging you

Léandre Sauvageau: [LOCAL-OOC] hate to burst your bubble but i actually got here oocly lol. was physgunned off the bridge
[PM from Léandre Sauvageau] ye lol
Emilia L. Erni: [LOCAL-OOC] i threw this nerd off the bridge because it was hilarious
Emilia L. Erni: [LOCAL-OOC] beat it and get ur easy scripts elswhere

Emilia L. Erni: fucking idiots

[OOC] Muggsy: come back now Sauvagaeu
[OOC] Léandre Sauvageau: sorry there gamer, but I was told not to.
[OOC] Emilia L. Erni: what don't you understand about the fact i picked him up with my physgun and launched him off the bridge as a funny ooc meme

Léandre Sauvageau: [LOCAL-OOC] he's pming me to come back
Emilia L. Erni: [LOCAL-OOC] what happened after i threw you off
Léandre Sauvageau: [LOCAL-OOC] guy approached and was liek are you okay?
Léandre Sauvageau: [LOCAL-OOC] and i said "surprisingly yes. this cart is very top heavy."
Léandre Sauvageau: [LOCAL-OOC] then he asked how to get out so i showed him then muggsy rolls up and pulls a gun
Emilia L. Erni: [LOCAL-OOC] lol

--

Character is a throwaway bandit character with an unserious, self-aware name who only comes into play for the sole purpose of mugging people for their guns. Incognito whines at you if you attempt to disengage or are otherwise not interested. After successfully obtaining scripts, Incognito disconnects literally the instant he is permitted to do so by the rules, which is a heavy metagame tactic. Overall it is clear that his whole purpose on the server is to take advantage of other players for script benefits for himself and any OOC friends he is able to involve. In addition, he is a smug ass about it.
Simply not true. Had the name before I started mugging cops too, got it from a b-ball game.

Simply not true. Had the name before I started mugging cops too, got it from a b-ball game.
Do you know who Muggsy is and why it looked so unserious to play a basketball game with that name?

wow, you quoted that entire paragraph accusing you of only caring about scripts, bending the rules to suit you & exploiting any scenario you're in for OOC profit and the only thing you cared to dispute was your character's nickname

you really don't give a shit do you

I don't know if this is ban-worthy rn but it's certainly showing he needs to chill on the p2w push he has, along with considering the lack of care for trying to od muggings better and such.

really the main reason is that listening to him sounded like someone saying 'doesn't matter what's done it'll still get cheesed'

you really don't give a shit do you
Please, for the love of god, stop being so fucking snippy with each other.
We're a tight-knit community, and we have zero reason to be going at each other's throats. This isn't the end of the world, stop acting like it.

Personally, I don't think what's listed here warrants much more than an hour ban, at best. There's a couple questionable things, like disconnecting the moment he hopped into a hidey-hole, but other than that, relatively kosher.

Incognito Incognito , you're not off the hook though, dude. I understand that you're playing the underdog side of things, but you need to seriously consider how your actions come off to other people who don't know you. If the only thing someone sees out of your character is muggings on server, and then see you and your smug behavior on the forums, they're invariably going to think that's all you do, and the way you behave constantly.

Absolutely no one appreciates unwarranted snark, and compounding that with your actions on server gives people a negative impression of you right off the bat. I'm not trying to indict your character but, seriously, please consider changing the way you behave when interacting with people who aren't in your circle of friends. It definitely goes both ways, but the bottom line is treat people the way you'd like to be treated, don't pull this snarky nonsense and expect people to be nice.

Escalating this from the stash thread due to the behavior that spawned the thread being aggressively stupid and obviously punishable.

OOC Name: Incognito
SteamID:
Character Name: Muggsy
What happened:

Time it happened: ~
Pictures/Proof:

Here's an example of the smug ass behavior mentioned above.

View attachment 14991

Aside from the antics discussed above (such as the infamous recent mugging of an entire PT followed by sprinting away and DCing inside of the time it took for firearms to be distributed to responding units), see Incognito's posts in this thread:

Clearly this guy is not here to contribute to anyone else's roleplay, or even make an effort to create his own beyond what concerns the acquisition of script items, primarily guns.
This is my main character that I roleplay on regularly who is involved with many different characters, Jared Byrd, Harris Cromwell, Ariadna Goybet, Alejandro Goybet, George Yamada, George Rhodes, and a plethora of others.

The idea that my character Jeremy Dahl is an unserious character is a result of you being ill informed of my character and based on your false perception of my character. My character does not exist for the sole purpose of mugging CCA.

You have never rp'd with my character so it's entirely unfair for you to make unfounded claims that I am not serious. Additionally you're claim that I don't care about the seriousness or how other people feel on the server is false. I have actively made events and arguably assisted in helping create one of the largest events on the server thus far.

The claim that I don't care about other people's roleplay is blatantly wrong. The only instance I can think of where I "whined" to anyone was majorly caused by the bluntness of the presentation of information and the immature attitude of Stierlexia S2King Leandre before I had a chance to say anything. It left a bad taste in my mouth. I was trying to understand what was happening because he was roleplaying down there and I assumed he was IC, but then Stierlexia arrived and barked down my throat, shot their buddy, and left without any further communication, speaking to me in a demeaning tone as we can see in the logs provided by Stierlexia.

Your point of me disconnecting the moment I'm permitted to by the rules is turned moot due to the fact that I not only waited out the time on S1, but snuck past a COTA patrol and hunter chopper on S2 (The chopper did more than five bombing runs of the canal section I was hidden in.) Additionally I circumvented the injected CCA patrol successfully, waiting in a camp for a few minutes alone before logging off.

I was not intending to be smug in that post. I thought it was funny that after getting away with the mugging they'd say that.

Do you know who Muggsy is and why it looked so unserious to play a basketball game with that name?
No clue who Muggsy Bogues was until now. An admin gave me the nickname IC and I thought it was cool so I stuck with it.

my first encounter with incognito on the server consisted of having to step in on a ooc level and stop him from pressuring a newer member of the community into letting himself be mugged despite the fact the victim's character wasn't even IC at the time of the attempted mug

had i known incog is known for this kind of exploitative script-seeking behaviour I'd have made a request myself but pirate beat me to the punch

pirat already linked the thread where i originally posted these logs but i'll copy and paste them here just for ease of access

--

[PM from Léandre Sauvageau] im getting mugged now thanks
[PM to Léandre Sauvageau] LOL
[PM to Léandre Sauvageau] you were not there IC tell them to fuck off
[PM to Léandre Sauvageau] are they seriously mugging you

Léandre Sauvageau: [LOCAL-OOC] hate to burst your bubble but i actually got here oocly lol. was physgunned off the bridge
[PM from Léandre Sauvageau] ye lol
Emilia L. Erni: [LOCAL-OOC] i threw this nerd off the bridge because it was hilarious
Emilia L. Erni: [LOCAL-OOC] beat it and get ur easy scripts elswhere

Emilia L. Erni: fucking idiots

[OOC] Muggsy: come back now Sauvagaeu
[OOC] Léandre Sauvageau: sorry there gamer, but I was told not to.
[OOC] Emilia L. Erni: what don't you understand about the fact i picked him up with my physgun and launched him off the bridge as a funny ooc meme

Léandre Sauvageau: [LOCAL-OOC] he's pming me to come back
Emilia L. Erni: [LOCAL-OOC] what happened after i threw you off
Léandre Sauvageau: [LOCAL-OOC] guy approached and was liek are you okay?
Léandre Sauvageau: [LOCAL-OOC] and i said "surprisingly yes. this cart is very top heavy."
Léandre Sauvageau: [LOCAL-OOC] then he asked how to get out so i showed him then muggsy rolls up and pulls a gun
Emilia L. Erni: [LOCAL-OOC] lol

--
If you gave me a moment to respond in that situation instead of calling me a scriptwhore, S2King your buddy, suiciding, then not responding to any of my attempts to contact you, none of this would be an issue. I don't care that he left and I didn't get his scripts. I've let units go before that have said they didn't want to rp the situation, namely Zap430 who communicated calmly to me that he was just looking for his patrol and really didn't want to get caught up in a mugging.

I don't know if this is ban-worthy rn but it's certainly showing he needs to chill on the p2w push he has, along with considering the lack of care for trying to od muggings better and such.

really the main reason is that listening to him sounded like someone saying 'doesn't matter what's done it'll still get cheesed'
With my point above you can see that I don't play the server solely for scripts. If I really wanted to play to win I would've stripped all three of those units down for their vests, radios, etc. I didn't do that. I think my muggings are creative and fun, who else can say they mugged a cop using a cabbage?

I can't think of any time I've run into this guy or his character - but, I get vibes that this entire situation is coming about from the fact that people are looking to hook in their grasp for an easy solution to a wide problem involving muggings, and the relationship between the C.C.A and the Rebels as a whole.

nah he just kinda seemed like a dick with his attitude but if we banned people for attitude's I think we'd have 1 person here.

addendum: aka, basically the reason there's a ban req' is his attitude in the recent thread, and his overall look. all stuff that can be fixed and dealt with without removing a player.

Incognito Incognito explained his actions on server soundly, big props to him for that.

Please, talk to each other, and don't just go off of assumptions. This goes for both sides. Don't be an asshole needlessly: there's a time and a place.

The team's agreed to speak with Incog, and make sure he knows to tone down the muggings. Preferably, muggings in general, honestly. They're getting really excessive, but he shouldn't be taking the brunt of the blame for that.

Locked. If there's other evidence anyone wants to put forward, feel free to message me, or anyone else on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread