1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HL2RP Uprising

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Anony, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Newticus

Newticus Not New Blood
    HL2 Game Moderator Contributor

United States
    Pripyat was also our metaphorical hook that we used to set into players. We went fast to show the player base that things will be happening, and they should stick around or they’ll miss out.

I don’t doubt things will have a bit more pacing now that maps have changed.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Rabid

HL2 Admin

I'd personally like to visit Pripyat again when shit hits the fan, because it's an amazing map for large-scale battles and bringing out all the fun shiny toys.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Sneezing Slug

Sneezing Slug Legend

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Cato

HL2 Game Moderator

United States
    Not to derail anything but who knew Nine inch nails made fit so well for action music, also it takes a true fucking master to not crash a server spawning all that shit in, or pure luck.

5. Rabid

HL2 Admin

Given when that was recorded, I have to agree. I mean up until a few months ago I think spawning that much would have lagged our box to hell and back too.

6. Anri

Anri basically a cat
    HL2 Admin

Germany
    pripyat wasnt all that pretty or problem-free but it was incredibly functional for what we needed it for

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. _Vintricus

_Vintricus Zealot

United States

on an unrelated note: we're 2 days away from Terminator: Salvation

8. Benji Dooble

Benji Dooble Diamond in the rough

United States
    daves makes a good map for combat

9. KMack

KMack Zealot

United States
    Will there be a timeline or any sort of OOC-type post about the uprising/current events or whatever. I wasn't there for Pripyat and going back into school, might not even be able to pop in enough to get involved (pretty much have no characters right now).

I'd love to read up on a little narrative/informational about what's going on either from an IC or OOC standpoint since I won't really be present to participate. Hint hint, someone should totally do it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy The 'good' cop

Canada
    Anony is scaring when he's being charismatic.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Anony

Anony Spin Doctor
    HL2 Community Leader

We've cooked up a good event to usher in a new map tonight. Make sure you don't miss it.

• Agree x 7
    • Optimistic x 3
    • Winner x 1
    • Zing x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  12. valerstein

valerstein brotherman randy

13. dougal

dougal low effort

United States
    what map so i can run to the library and download it beforehand because my school's wifi is fuckin horrid

14. Anony

Anony Spin Doctor
    HL2 Community Leader

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Ulala

Ulala Sailor Soldier

United States
    I've dreamt of the day we'd go back to that god-tier map.

God is real.

16. Symmetry

Symmetry Kwisatz Haderach
    HL2 Admin

Canada
    >People complaining about t6 being too small
    >go to a smaller map

???

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. BMY871

BMY871 Zealot

United States
    T6 is big but not effectively big. Lots of open space, unnecessary routes, unused parts.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. adderall

HL2 Admin

United States
    City 11 looks good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Benji Dooble

United States
    in c11 theres the big long road that splits the map in two and kinda serves the same role as those open spaces, and honestly its so windy that a lot of the map doesnt see use because even though c11 is smaller maybe only in view compared to t6 it has like five cch's that all suck minus one

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Anony

Anony Spin Doctor
    HL2 Community Leader

This isn't the thread for arguing about the map cycles.

21. FervensPb

HL2 Admin

Please PM Anony with any comments you have about the map selection, including what changes could be made to the map itself.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. Anony

Anony Spin Doctor
    HL2 Community Leader

This might not be obvious. Don't use level transitions on the maps we change to because no other servers exist. Your character will get trapped and you'll need admin help to get them back. If a context menu appears and asks if you want to travel through a hole in a fence or out a helicopter to another place, say no or click X.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  23. Benji Dooble

United States
    anony is lying

thats the only way out of this spiraling hell

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. Rabid

HL2 Admin

Don't accept chopper rides from strangers, kids

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. Benji Dooble

United States
    i throw facists out of helicopters @Owain6521

• Agree Agree x 4
  26. Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy The 'good' cop

Canada
    Can we have it so transition points delete characters? Cull the sewer urchins.

• Agree Agree x 3
  27. Redford

Redford Zealot

transition points lead right into nexus jail and everyone on the server is notified

• Agree Agree x 3
    • #shotsfired #shotsfired x 1
  28. Anony

Anony Spin Doctor
    HL2 Community Leader

Added to the bottom of the OP:

I want to clear up a misconception. Taco and Banana's HL2RP is not closing down soon.

The uprising does not mark the end of the server. I think the misunderstanding stems from the uprising being the end of the game or, admittedly, bad communication from the team. However, for us this is simply the next chapter. I hope this doesn't discourage you from seeking closure for your characters because we're still entirely supporting that. I can promise that we'll be able to introduce and include any new character concepts you have as the iteration progresses. The statement, which I think confused people, was that we would be shutting down HL2RP for Tekka. That's in the far future. Before that we have TRP, which we won't be closing the server for unless it loses all interest for a prolonged period. I expect a dip, but we'll be making efforts to draw you back in with events and more storylines. I have always stated that if TRP comes out and we take a huge hit, we will relegate to event-based scenarios to make sure that we at least finish things up. That's the worst case. We wouldn't give up.

The server is staying up for as long as it can do (or until Tekka is finished). I'm sorry if we previously convinced you that this was the end because I haven't been personally operating on that basis. I think rumors and the lack of addressing this point is what started the speculation. That doesn't mean we'll let things stagnate; we have every intention to keep building on the story we currently have.

The uprising, when we're in full force, will mark the next chapter of the server, not the end. It doesn't all switch off when we lose the citadel. Why should we have to wait twice? It took long enough for EP1 to come out. Imagine all the potential threads from that, such as splinter squads losing contact with the greater CCA - still fighting the rebellion in fear that the Union will immediately zip into existence with synthetics and warships. The politics and interpersonal conflict. We have considered drawing from elements of the previous post-HL2 attempt and we're definitely going to keep delivering for as long as you'll have us. If there's interest in a server, if people still play and populate us in the 60s, it doesn't make sense to shut us down. It is up to us to keep expanding our content because we share the same enthusiasm as you do. The team isn't burnt out and we'll keep offering you more twists and turns for as long as you keep playing. I hope that we've done a good enough job so far and we're expecting the next few weeks to pick up dramatically as we finish up this stage and enter the real revolution as seen in the games. Symmetry's event retrieving the HEV suit, while a surprise for a lot of us, goes to show both the creativity and narrative drive provided here. I'm really happy to see it.

It's entirely our intention to keep HL2RP for as long as we can, even if we do plan on shutting it down to make way for Tekka. It isn't justifiable to do it right now when interest is so high and the community wouldn't have anything serious in the interim. We were a HL2 community first. TRP is going to be great, I'm sure, and I'm going to play there, but my heart is with the foundations and I'm going to make sure we treat our HL2 with the respect it deserves. Expect a lot more opportunities to sign up for big events that play a part in the server's progression and overarching plot. If you'd like to help us out, we're open to that too.

We are still accepting people into the HL2 planning board/discord channel so that you can be involved in the talks that set up these great scenes and stories.

• Winner x 12
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Zing x 1
    • Late x 1
    #68 Anony, Jan 22, 2018 at 11:13 PM
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018 at 11:44 PM
  29. Benji Dooble

United States
    I wanna help.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  30. Helios

HL2 Admin Moderator RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    id like to remind people that simply watching the planning boards does not constitute having access. if you're going to ask for access, you're expected to contribute.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  31. Benji Dooble

United States
    I wanna help and contribute.