Hightower

Discussion in 'Playerbased Groups' started by A Blaze of Glory, Jul 30, 2018.

1. A Blaze of Glory

A Blaze of Glory Senior Member

United States
    32355583.300000012_badge.
    "Shepherds, relentless in their vigilance."

Originating from the East coast, the brain-child of a young man named Cody Cook, Hightower has been persistent in their efforts to find safe harbor for those who can't find it themselves. Many names and many faces have graced the callsign before, acting as shepherds to the weak and providing eyes to those with the strength to fight back.

What is Hightower?
    "Hightower" is the callsign used by radio outposts scattered around the wasteland. Using salvaged equipment from emergency dispatch centers, airports, and National Weather Service stations, they act as an underground railroad, shepherding refugees, supplies, and information to safety. Often working with local caravans, friendly assets, and couriers (Hightower field agents), they've managed to scrape by and build themselves up after the loss of some of their prominent West coast agents.

What do they do?
    Hightower acts an information highway; relaying things like Skynet activity, weather patterns, caravan routes, etc. They spread this information to friendly assets like Tech-Com, and even to other outposts in other cities. They use thermal sweeps and couriers to watch supply routes, and move refugees and supplies when they can, trying to ensure safe passage for those who can't protect themselves.

Who are they?
    Hightower is composed of individuals of varying skill sets. Mostly those well-versed in the use and upkeep of radio equipment. Hightower has little to no capacity to wage war, instead focusing on reconnaissance to ensure safe, undetected passage. Hightower personnel are typically divided into four categories, Coordinator, Courier, Technician, and Provisioners. Non-HT personnel that assist in HT operations by providing shelter, supplies, or information are known as "Directors." The list of Directors is a closely guarded secret.

Cody Cook - Coordinator
    Jocelyn Yuukon - Technician
    'Rey' - Courier

Jin-Tae - Provisioner
    Harrison O'Donnell - Courier

32355583.300000012_badge.

// just pm me if you wanna join in on the fun
    // also we have a discord now, hit me up for it
    // and big shoutout to Moondy for the insignia​

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #1 A Blaze of Glory, Jul 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019 at 5:16 AM
  2. Berkana

Berkana Zealot

United States
    I appreciate seeing a PBG that isn't "Tech-Com but not Tech-Com" and taking much more of a utility, passive role on a server caked with anything but just that.

Hope all goes well for you. Hopefully, your creativity will find it's way to ZRP when it starts up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. LilSumac

LilSumac Zealot

United States
    this is dope but simple, im gonna shoot you a PM about this. nice work!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Rabid

Rabid Legend

Why this wasn't done two months ago I don't know!

Loved this group since they started.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. HamSolo

HamSolo Member

United States
    Hey cool, good to see another group with different motivations, this'll give me a reason to create a human and play it actively.

6. Malum Umbra

TRP Admin

Canada
    I look forward to continuing my mercy killing of high tower members... I think I'm up to 3 now. Dark times indeed those where.

In a more serious note, I liked this when It was done previously and so long as you can keep up with your radio it should pan out.
    Seen some other smaller gangs try to do this, but they just ended up rehashing information that was already said over communications.

7. A Blaze of Glory

A Blaze of Glory Senior Member

United States
    Radio1.

With their members dead or having long since moved on, Hightower Bakersfield and her sister outposts make no further broadcasts. The flocks of refugees and caravans once guided under the watchful eyes of the shepherds are left to fend for themselves.

Dark times loom ahead of us as we lose our ability to see beyond the horizon.

HightowerDark.

.. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / .- .-. . / .-. . -.-. . .. ...- .. -. --. / - .... .. ... --..-- / .-- . .----. ...- . / -... . . -. / -.-. --- -- .--. .-. --- -- .. ... . -.. .-.-.- / -... ..- .-. -. / .- .-.. .-.. / -.. --- -.-. ..- -- . -. - ... .-.-.- / -.. . ... - .-. --- -.-- / .- .-.. .-.. / . --.- ..- .. .--. -- . -. - .-.-.- / --. --- --- -.. / .-.. ..- -.-. -.- .-.-.- / .... .. --. .... - --- .-- . .-. / --- ..- - .-.-.- / - .... .. ... / -- . ... ... .- --. . / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .-. . .--. . .- - .-.-.-

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    #7 A Blaze of Glory, Jan 10, 2019 at 5:29 AM
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019 at 7:02 AM