Half-Life 2 Roleplay - Q&A

raildriver

Jun 8, 2017
I'd like to know about how the CA will be handled this time around.. And maybe how soon I can register to join.

Santoro

Legend
Jul 10, 2016
considering we are in former russia, can we expect the weapons the CCA will use to be mostly russian/soviet leftovers?

i mean who will afford all HKs just a decade later, we got grachs for sidearms, bizons/pp2000s for smgs and ak74s for rifles

also will there be a Airwatch?

Last edited:

Wizard

Actually a wizard.
TRP Admin
Jul 12, 2015
Wanted to answer this quick as it's something important I left out.

Q: Can we play past iteration characters?
A: No. This is a brand new iteration and all histories and slates are wiped clean. It's starting fresh. You will be making no sense on the server continuing to play a character from the previous iteration.

Q: Can we use the same names as characters we played on previous/older iterations?
A: Yes. I feel like policing that would be a waste of mine and the admins time.
This question, I have an ex-military character planned out and I'd like to know if I need auths.

-SNIP, already answered-

_Vintricus

Legend
Jan 24, 2016
a question im honestly wondering is: will city 45 be as if not more totalitarian than city 17? will there be a city administrator that actually cares about the city? the explanation for city 17's totalitarianism was that breen just didnt care enough about the city, so the CCA there were permitted to go wild; there's no indication that an oppressive state is the requirement.

Doggo

Legend
Jul 2, 2015
a question im honestly wondering is: will city 45 be as if not more totalitarian than city 17? will there be a city administrator that actually cares about the city? the explanation for city 17's totalitarianism was that breen just didnt care enough about the city, so the CCA there were permitted to go wild; there's no indication that an oppressive state is the requirement.
i think its better for everyone that it is totalitarian.

you want to be bored? keep it oppressive.

sneezing slug

mucus mutant
Nov 30, 2015
wont lie im a little saddened that we didnt try and be a little exotic with the city choice cause going from ukraine to russia feels like a really minor change in locale– even as far as eastern europe/post soviet block goes

but that doesnt erase the deafening clammor that is my hype for hl2rp.

not that it entirely matters, its still a solid choice for practicality

Jon

Legend
Jan 21, 2015
Will the CA have the power to change policy and create roleplay for people again or will it be placed in an OOC chokehold and run by smoothbrain secret agent roleplayers?

Also will there be CA applications before launch like with the CCA?

Desrat456

Sep 22, 2012
Is the city in question less advanced than city 17? Will we be seeing more and varied instances of Xenian life, even if this is not the case?

beets

Zealot
Jan 3, 2016
wont lie im a little saddened that we didnt try and be a little exotic with the city choice cause going from ukraine to russia feels like a really minor change in locale– even as far as eastern europe/post soviet block goes

but that doesnt erase the deafening clammor that is my hype for hl2rp.

not that it entirely matters, its still a solid choice for practicality
no fkn maps simple as that lol

I remember reading somewhere a while back that S2 or what not wasn't going to be opened up until way later than city launching. Is that still going to be a thing?
There will be no S2 at server launch, no.

How's Civil Administration going to be handled this time around? Last iteration it kept fluctuating between semi-bad guy and part of the grander machine. Will there be an organized CA? What about it's subdivisions?
CWU + CMS and a new faction, Civil Outreach. Not going to be super rigid structure- if there is enough interest for other branches we can work something out.

Is the city in question less advanced than city 17? Will we be seeing more and varied instances of Xenian life, even if this is not the case?
From what has been discussed the general agreement is that the districts we portray on screen initially will be underdeveloped areas which ideally opens up a whole wad of roleplay opportunities. You will see more Xen, yes (no Vorts at launch, let it be known).

Will the CA have the power to change policy and create roleplay for people again or will it be placed in an OOC chokehold and run by smoothbrain secret agent roleplayers?

Also will there be CA applications before launch like with the CCA?
Expect the CA to possess greater power this go around. As far as applications are concerned just give it a minute, still some things to sort out.

considering we are in former russia, can we expect the weapons the CCA will use to be mostly russian/soviet leftovers?

i mean who will afford all HKs just a decade later, we got grachs for sidearms, bizons/pp2000s for smgs and ak74s for rifles

also will there be a Airwatch?
Expect few firearms initially- these things will be phased in given time. Interesting thought with the Soviet-bloc stuff- hasn't really been discussed.

Can't speak as for the presence Airwatch (initially).

This, and also will there be a timeline/storyline that must be followed? Or will it be loosely followed enabling the population to determine it's own fate?
No overarching narrative, no.

How we be able to have bars and shops ? beacuse this is gonna be my first time on TnB half life 2 RP
Business licenses. Won't be tough to acquire.

popo

Zealot
TRP Admin
May 28, 2012
Gonna ask a potentially stupid question. What is civil outreach?
More to come in the following days on that. To give a brief answer, they are a wing of the CA that acts as the public face when it comes to the propagation and dissemination of public information to the citizenry.

Raklo

Legend
Feb 2, 2015
what kind of vibe are we going for?

don't think it's been specifically stated though I do remember mentions of adhering to the science fiction vibe of the original HLs.

Gunnerstrip7

Warrior of Sunlight
Aug 17, 2011
what kind of vibe are we going for?

don't think it's been specifically stated though I do remember mentions of adhering to the science fiction vibe of the original HLs.
Regarding questions of theming and of 'seriousness' this server is going to be as serious as the last one, I doubt TRP members will have a hard time slipping into a role here.

I believe it was stated for this iteration to be a bit 'looser' and not as strictly adherent to the original HL2, but allowing for more experimentation on our part. I could be wrong though don't quote me on that.

Vegas

Feb 13, 2013
Are business licenses, such as food / electronics & misc, going to be done the same way previous iterations did it? IE you just save up credits from the shoons and buy a license? Or will there be a chance for IC applications, OOC applications, or pre-launch applications for 'official' licenses to acquire a suitable permit? For example, if I wanted to play a character that runs a restaurant will it be absolutely necessary to buy a script license or will roleplay suffice?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)