1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[General] Camp Bulletin Board

Discussion in 'IC Section' started by Rabid, Jan 3, 2017.

1. K33f3!

K33f3! Leave me alone

United States
    Who's long term running partner is a British female with perpetually perfect bed-hair, and a WIRE guided recoilless rifle the size of another human person. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, well educated, overly-eager women's rights advocate with illusions of grandeur and moral rightousness.

I also gave every one of my GPMs to FTC command. But I'll give you an A- for the other things, Doctor.

P.S. at best I am dry, and sarcastic. Really deep down, I'm a bit of a romantic believe it or not. Maybe I'm a sarcastic romantic?

P.S.S. You really think I have a smart wit?

//I would take Ross's example and do this exchange more on server but my laptop is broken.

• Zing Zing x 1
  2. Scone !

Scone ! I am not a bot
    Contributor

United Kingdom
    Hi I need people who aren't terrified of the idea of being eaten alive to help with something important before we go no time to explain here I will later get in touch when I do

- panda

Oh and I need power tools

3. blubaugh?

HL2 Admin

United States
    Whose.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. K33f3!

K33f3! Leave me alone

United States
    Alright, I'll bump you up to an A, but see me after class.

5. blubaugh?

HL2 Admin

United States
    Don't be hating just because I pull madder kitty than you.

Also cool off, Leveque. That's my job, so don't take it because you're one of two men in history who ever loved their mother as much as she deserved to be loved.

On a more serious note, here's a personal thank-you to everyone for actually getting your blood typed like I asked you to. It was tedious work on my end but I know many of you are afraid of needles and people telling you what to do so I'm glad we managed this.

Alma

6. Emelianenko

Emelianenko Legend

United States
    [​IMG]

7. K33f3!

K33f3! Leave me alone

United States
    Something got lost in translation here, Girlie.

I'm talking about my co-driver, Falka.

Yes. Your hair is very nice.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Dark_Knight

Dark_Knight Dark_Knight

United Kingdom
    I shall assist...

I believe I am a power tool

- Thok.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. adderall

adderall Legend

United States
    Some kind of tool, sure.

• Funny x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  10. Emelianenko

Emelianenko Legend

United States
    [​IMG]

11. shotcopper 9000

shotcopper 9000 Dead Soul

Australia
    A loud shout of "LAZLO!" can be heard across the camp.

// get on you fuck

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Benji Dooble

Benji Dooble diamond in the rough

United States
    Nay, he calls back. Nay, wench. I not need your screams and hollers, ye wench.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. BMY871

BMY871 Senior Member

United States
    Randy
    My foot split
    Do you have an extra
    One that won't rot maybe
    Thanks
    -Brian Chang

14. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    ** And subsequently across the entire bay. **

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. blooregardo

blooregardo padre gringo
    HL2 Admin

United States

leave me out of this, please.
    -Ash

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. jules

jules Saver of TnB
    HL2 Admin

United States
    A post it is seen on the board.

LOOKING FOR RITSEL, WE GOT A LOT OF FOOD YOU LIKE TO EAT, HAHA. MEET DIZ IN CITY, AROUND WAREHOUSE IN BACK.
    A LOT OF FOOD BIG FEAST JUST FOR MY BUDDY RISTEL THE DWARF, YES WE GOT LOT OF FOOD 4 U :)

• Funny x 4
    • Friendly x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  17. blooregardo

blooregardo padre gringo
    HL2 Admin

United States
    Corporal Fletcher;

I have a few questions for you. These questions are not immediately pertinent to our operations here and are merely to satisfy my own curiosity about a possibly-ongoing issue. If you choose entertain my hobby of pursuing conspiracy theories, we can either meet in person or discuss this further via the private message feature on lambda-net.

Until then, be thinking about the following: have you heard of Operation Gladio, and if so, how familiar are you with the operation?

Best regards,

Bernard Strauss

18. Scone !

Scone ! I am not a bot
    Contributor

United Kingdom
    In order to prevent confusion we will be using specific callsigns for stations and not numbers or made-up designations to specify stations. Each name is loosely based on the function or location of the station, some names have been changed from previous confusing designations.

Using an undefined system will result in casualties and has done in the past so take the time to learn the names of the stations as notices in each are pinned up. The most important names will be provided now, but the locations will not be. Please take the time to find relevant locations in your own time, a name will be pinned to each station soon.

Bar
    Central
    Comms
    Arch
    Pit
    Rear
    Forward
    Relay
    Paris

- Panda

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. [LC] (SFM) ╬ Tristana ╬

United States
  20. BMY871

BMY871 Senior Member

United States
    *An addition scribbled in the margin of Panda's list*
    And Dublin
    It has radio computer stuff
    Also couches

21. Scone !

Scone ! I am not a bot
    Contributor

United Kingdom
    Dublin is Relay

Used to live there

- Panda

• Informative Informative x 1
  22. adderall

adderall Legend

United States
    Help I lost my gun
    It's big and takes 7.62mm NATO
    Answers to Maurice.

also I think I have a concussion
    related.

-Doors

• Funny Funny x 10
  23. Kiako

Kiako New Blood

United States
    If we're doing a lost and found for guns...

Missing one RPK, empty drum-mag.
    Lost in the webbing of an underground antlion nest.
    Doesn't answer to anything: it's a gun.

The location is /PROBABLY/ safe since the spore infestation is gone.

But yeah, if you find it by some miracle, let me know.

-Veggie

PS: No more people needed for digging, Thokmay helped me out with most of that. Everyone give her a round of applause!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  24. Snuggles

Snuggles VA-11 Hall-A Employer

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

• Zing Zing x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
  25. Benji Dooble

Benji Dooble diamond in the rough

United States
    I'm available for that thing, yes.

26. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    ** An old list has been re pinned to the board, covering up all the stupid shit that cluttered it previously **

27. Scone !

Scone ! I am not a bot
    Contributor

United Kingdom
    **Further amendments**

1 - Station security
    a - Keep doors closed behind you; never leave entrances to your station unguarded.
    b - Any station with less than two ways out is a deathtrap and should not be used.Arch and Rear do not have two ways, the rest do
    c - Fires must be kept as smoke-free as possible, if they cannot be avoided to begin with. We have electric hobs and batteries to power them, we shouldn't need to use fires
    d - Do not make it obvious that a location is being used. Don't set up massive barricades; don't set up floodlights and don't yell.

2 - Combat
    a - Avoid pointless skirmishes. Lust for revenge or not, shooting a lone, insignificant cop in the sewers will not achieve anything.
    b - Flank, attack from behind, attack from above. Never attack from the front.
    c - Break contact within five minutes at most. We do not have the supplies for lengthy firefights, but they certainly do.
    d - Conceal your identity. Don't use a gas mask for this, no matter how tempting - you'll remember this when you try to take aim while wearing one.It's also hard to breathe and you will probably pass out if you keep it up or clog it
    e - Never pick fights based on opportunity, but based on the chance of winning.
    f - Hide from scanners. Do not engage them.Playing dead, face to the floor, will work fine, but move as soon as it passes because it still might report your 'corpse'

3 - Survival
    a - Make sure your food is clean; make sure you consume your food at a clean location.
    b - If you are injured, avoid sewage as much as possible. Cover your wounds and have them cleaned regularly.
    c - Do not take the cold lightly. Dress for warmth, not style; bring a bedroll and a blanket, style is secondary to warmth, but still very important! - Ash

d - Keep your head down. If you must travel across the surface, stay near walls and avoid standing out in the open.
    e - No, 'silencers' and 'suppressors' do not kill all noise on your gun. You'll still alert any and all beings in a large enough radius to make them impractical. Still fit a suppressor on your gun if you can. if you're left with no choice, that's a difference between alerting a parking-lot-sized area to your presence versus the whole fucking canals. speaking of parking lots, a car's oil filter can work as a makeshift suppressor, but it's not a long-term solution. -Ash

- Don't attack every animal you see, they aren't hostile and don't hunt humans actively unless they are headcrabs. The only exception to killing on sight should be headcrabs and zombies because of the direct hunting behaviour they have, but do it with something that won't make noise.

4 - Radio
    a - Keep it important: don't use the radio if it isn't something the entire movement needs to know or you'll have it taken from you. Do not repeat what others have said.
    b - Keep it short: don't transmit for longer than absolutely necessary.
    - If your equipment is faulty see it repaired or replaced as soon as possible. A broken or unclear radio will do more harm to others as well as risking yourself.
    - Learn basic etiquette and code use, not just for you to use, but to understand how to both give and receive clear orders.

5 - Misc
    a - Listen to those with more experience than you. It'll save your skin.

- Hothead

Ash helped

Panda

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  28. Owain6521

Owain6521 XCCR Ration Hoarder

United Kingdom
    A blonde fella's pinned a homemade newsletter clipping on the board, cut out of that beautiful piece of literature Vox Populi, with a little scribble reading 'Thank Fletch for this'.

A SPANNER IN THE WORKS

The humble scanner is something that causes a lot of drama, and mostly because people don’t understand how they operate. It’s not surprising; the following is all conjecture on my part, but it’s based on years of watching them at work and trial and error.
    First of all, put any ideas about someone sitting in front of a bank of monitors out of your head. It doesn’t happen. The scanner’s camera - when it elects to actually snap a photo - seems to be fed into some sort of computer database for later reference. The tell is that they most frequently photograph new transfers, or people doing something ‘strange’; once or twice I’ve seen them start snapping away at birds that get too close, or pieces of litter on the ground. The robot is guided by some kind of artificial intelligence, and that means you can exploit it.
    People go into the city wearing things over their faces out of some fear they’ll be recognised and snatched. I can tell you now that this is the absolute best way to guarantee you will be - the moment a scanner spots someone covering their face, or running around trying to avoid it, that’s when it’ll flag up the location for closer scrutiny. Instead, just blend in with the locals. Be the grey man. Scanners won’t stop to identify a citizen who appears to be doing nothing unusual or suspicious.

This also ties in with block counts. We’ve all been through it - the Tannoy starts off about a miscount, and before you can assume the position there are already coppers everywhere, kicking in what few doors are still on their hinges.
    This is where listening comes in handy. The first report of a miscount comes from ‘Airwatch’ - this is the airborne element of the Combine Overwatch and it includes the scanners. From observation, I’ve noticed the Combine rarely respond if a few people are missing - but if a whole block is, or if there are even a handful too many people in a precinct, it all kicks off and the boots hit the ground (and before long, your door).
    This is an important piece of information for fighters coming back into the city for whatever purpose, because it means that if you are seen by scanners, you will cause a miscount and the resultant cordon-and-search. There are two ways to avoid this, and one is to stay out of sight in the city’s underworld. There’s only so much you can do in the sewers, though, and so the more useful option is to liberate or at least conceal a similar number of local citizens while you’re in the area, to try and keep the headcount even.

The last point to note about fooling scanners relates to their environment. Much as they focus their attention on more ‘interesting’ citizens, a scanner’s reliance on pattern recognition means you can conceal things from it by making them blend in with the local environment. A scanner will get very, very excited if it spots a hydroponic farm in an open attic space. On the other hand, it will fly right past a tarpaulin Taj Mahal without any apparent recognition. Clever setting of a scene will mask whatever’s going on there from the little flying fiends, without being too difficult for any right-minded citizen to achieve.

• Agree Agree x 3
  29. Neurotic

Neurotic Member

United States
    [​IMG]

#909 Neurotic, May 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2017
  30. Scone !

Scone ! I am not a bot
    Contributor

United Kingdom
    **Wobbly lines, odd spacing, she wasn't sober writing this**

s en d t o m e

- pan da

• Funny Funny x 1
  31. Rionas

Rionas Legend

United States
    **Some idiot taped up an old notice again.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Zing Zing x 1
  32. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    also dont get piss drunk and wander off because thats the easiest way to get yourself shot or captured

this isnt the coast, try not to be stupid. if you dont know if something is stupid or not, dont do it.

-Nat

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
  33. blooregardo

blooregardo padre gringo
    HL2 Admin

United States
    **A torn piece of a VHS sleeve is pinned to the board. There's a note scrawled on it:

Liz: would you like to know more?
    -Ash

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  34. Helios

HL2 Admin Moderator

United Kingdom
    The familiar sight of a bulky Scandinavian fellow is seen lumbering over to the bulletin board. He puts up a torn piece of A4 paper to tape to the top-right corner of the board.

Hi. I have not been around for a few days now and I apologise for the lack of a heads-up. I have been diverting my expertise toward assisting White Forest personnel, as well as spend some quality time with someone close to me. I may occasionally be passing through for a few hours, but, as the saying goes, duty calls.

As he departs for a nearby ride, anyone nearby can clearly hear something about a 'waste of good film'.

• Funny Funny x 2
  35. Kiako

Kiako New Blood

United States
    Veggie here,

Liz, remember that antlion nest that got infected? Found another source of the stuff, and I need some fuel from your boat to burn it. Three jerry cans should do it.

P.S. make it four cans.

36. Scone !

Scone ! I am not a bot
    Contributor

United Kingdom
    Looking to install an important secret thing or four today but need little help, come see me in Paris later if interested in helping.

- Panda

37. Captain!

Captain! a sentient cinnamon roll
    HL2 Admin Contributor

Germany
    Shaky handwriting. God damn, the writer's heart rate must be through the roof.

The units stationed here seem to be - well, not friendly, but they don't go beyond the call of duty. Their orders are to guard the plaza, not what's beyond it, so as long as you stay away from their territory, you should be clear. What this means is do not engage any patrols and do not press further into the plaza or the nearby buildings. It's a shaky truce at best and you're free to expect them to break it any second, hence why you shouldn't place yourself in compromising situations, but until they engage us, we're going to refrain from it aswell.

If you end up breaking this truce prematurely, expect harsh consequences.

- Hothead / Allie

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  38. Snuggles

Snuggles VA-11 Hall-A Employer

United Kingdom
  39. Scone !

Scone ! I am not a bot
    Contributor

United Kingdom
    Hi, quick notice

One, I am no longer FGC's main radio operator as I have too much work and only one of me. I will still do the work when possible, but the bulk of the job now falls on Ellis, who will be trained to take on my workload. If anyone can help him along that would be great, he's done a great job so far and us keeping the network up in this area has been down to him lately.

Two, I am now going to be in and out of the camp as lot more often as White Forest has invited me to work as one of their technicians, but also stationed me to operate with FGC, and a lot of the work will see me called away (also so I can see Strauss more obviously). I am also working on some papers there which take a lot of time to meet deadlines.

Three, if there is anything that needs done let me know, I can see it done. For now I'm working on maps, tapping into power, and lighting. Then comms, computers, and personal projects.

Four, if any of you have been looking for the WF person who handles the Lambda-Net, that's me. I helped code some of it, I thought you guys knew I was moderating it as well. I can set up your accounts or whatever, I just found out nobody even knew today.

Five, maps of our current location soon? There is a lot of ground to cover and much of it is dangerous. Give me a few days maybe.

- Quyen

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  40. Servo Ten

Servo Ten Has absolutely no life

Canada
    I need fluorescent light bulbs. Those long tube ones are ideal but any light temperature rated higher than 5000K. 6500K is best.

Any electricians, please contact me for a project that needs wiring.

-Skip