Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Media Section' started by Kashaving, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Scouser

Scouser Senior Member

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Negative

Negative Has absolutely no life
    TRP Admin

United States
    It's become clear that all that matters to the show-runners is surprising people. The dragon getting sniped, while mid-air, from a fleet that was somehow hidden is pretty dumb. Sure though, I was surprised. The episode was okay though. Not particularly good or bad.

3. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    elaborate plz

4. Greene

Greene space cowboy

United States
    Where do I fucking start?

So you're telling me that with all those people there that have been in plenty of battles, NO ONE thought about the crypt?! Jon fucking screamed about the whitewalkers for the last season and a half, and HAHA WHOOPS lets put everyone in the crypt!! and then they don't even address it.

Why the hell did the cavalry charge into the darkness against what is know to be an overwhelming enemy? Again, where were the military tactics that were always present in this damn world?

Arya killing the night king was a HUGE letdown. Actually, the entire fucking thing was a letdown. The whitewalkers were the big bad, the first scene in the entire show. They were supposed to be this overwhelming threat, and yet they were just taken down in one episode. Not only that, we still don't fucking know why the night king was literally doing anything. They could have had some big moment where he spoke to Bran, but no. Arya fucking yeeted herself from the shadows to kill him in what I consider to be the biggest letdown of the entire show. So, so disappointing.

Hey, did I mention that they were facing the undead, yet put the women and children in the crypt with their dead?

The red woman. She comes back, sets some fires, then fucking kills herself in the morning. Wow, okay. That's cool I guess. Could have done some resurrection shit in the Stark crypt, would have been a great chance for some old characters to temporarily come back. How great would it have been to see Ned? I'd have loved it. But no, they literally used her as a light source lmao

So why were the whitewalkers going all world war z zombies on the extras, yet were passive as hell for the main characters? Nice plot armor, I fucking guess. Remember when Jon was surrounded by them as he charged at the night king? Yeah. Oh, speaking of~ They built it up so much that it would be him versus the Night King, and that was a fight I was looking forward to so much. An epic sword battle between the man brought back to life and the great evil. It could have been so damn cool. But, fuck us I guess.

Why the fuck did Dany land her dragon to help Jon?? I mean yeah it was fine in the end but it could have gone so fucking poorly. She's so stupid. And this is all just the battle of winterfell episode, lmao.

My qualms with the latest episode are the fact that Euron is just a deux ex machina to shove the plot forward. Him 'surprising' others with his fleet is getting really, really old. How were they not spotted from the sky? How did NO ONE even stop to think that "Hey, we abandoned Dragonstone to fight the whitewalkers. Maybe we should scout it out since it'd be an obvious place for our OTHER enemies to ambush us!" But nah, we're talking about the same people that just put their defenseless in the crypt when facing the undead.

Oh, apparently one of the writers literally said in the after show, "I guess Dany forgot about the iron fleet!!" fuck off

Speaking of Euron...
    [​IMG]

Meanwhile he hits the dragon with 3 shots, one after another. And kill of a dragon just like that. So lame. Why didn't Dany fly around behind the ships and attack from there? I guarantee the people on the ship freak out at the dragon blowing fire in their direction. OH, that's right, cause Dany has the worst military mind in the show.

Why didn't Cersei just kill all of them at the end? There was no reason for her not to. It's not like it's above her to do such a thing, she blew up the damn church with people in it. And it's frustrating, cause I know that we aren't going to get any answer about it.

tldr; I'm just so fucking mad that they have taken this show which I have adored for the last eight years and made it so shit. They've made so many characters dumb and do things for no reason, and it's SO different from how they've established them that it's a shock. I'm going to finish the season, obviously, but it has soured my view of the entire show and i'm so, so frustrated and sad about it.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
    #124 Greene, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
  5. Greene

Greene space cowboy

United States
    god damnit the more i fucking think about this the more i'm getting pissed off

6. Greene

Greene space cowboy

United States
    go watch angry joes review lmao

7. Mister Rogers

Mister Rogers TnB's Dreamboat & nicest person

United States
    rewatching the first season, it's amazing how much has been lost. and im not talking from the characters prospective. it's like a different show.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    wow daenerys is crazy who coulda guessed it huh

9. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    also arya stark must be the luckiest motherfucker in existence jesus fucking christ

10. baby

baby Zealot

Philippines
    FUCK

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. jules

jules Saver of TnB

United States
    what an episode

dany got me like
    [​IMG]

12. Pew

Pew wonga

United States
    now its the north men vs the unsullied >:)

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    the scripts read like fanfics but ill be damned if they arent visually impressive fanfics

14. kingryan

kingryan Legend

United States
    Watching Lannister soldiers get slaughtered by bristling Northern formations was the most satisfying thing in the world: I literally jumped whenever I saw the Stark Direwolf shield present in the streets of King's Landing. It's beautiful imagery. The North got the last laugh.

The Red Wedding is avenged, but the show did a really good job showing the nitty gritty of how city sieges went. I'm glad they didn't abstain from showing the brutal, revolting stuff both sides did.

And now, Arya is totally gonna set her sight on Dany. I felt kind of iffy about her beelining right for Cersei: I've been kind of wary of her ever since D and D pulled the wacky 'ARYA NINJA ASSASSIN'D THE NIGHT KING!' I thought they were giving Arya another undeserved kill, but I'm glad Sandor sent her away.

15. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    also i bet the iron throne survived all that shit. That way danys vision from season 1 can come tru

16. Pew

Pew wonga

United States
    i hate that they killed off varys like that, considering he was the master of deceit; he should've seen tyrions duplicitous actions miles ago

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Morger

Morger Zealot

United States
    if you think about it
    the mad king only tried to burn all of king's landing
    daenerys actually did it

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Joboba Durtfeet

Joboba Durtfeet SIMPLY DELICIOUS

United Kingdom
    this show is shit

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. feelsgoodman

feelsgoodman New Blood

United States
    Can't believe I skipped the end of the RR to watch this horse piss.

e; I don't think that conveyed how angry I am.

I am livid!

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. Mister Rogers

Mister Rogers TnB's Dreamboat & nicest person

United States
    cleganebowl might have been complete and utter fan service, but i enjoyed it.

21. Nerdbird

Nerdbird Educated Avian

United States
    my mom is watching got and it feels bad to see how shit the show is coming out to be! she’s on like s1-s2 rn. she loves the danys(?) dragon lady?? the most

• Funny Funny x 1
    #141 Nerdbird, May 13, 2019 at 4:32 AM
    Last edited: May 13, 2019 at 4:50 AM
  22. A Blaze of Glory

A Blaze of Glory Subtlety is overrated.
    Contributor

United States
    Jon looks at Davos
    "Are we the baddies?"

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Joboba Durtfeet

United Kingdom
  24. Puffin

TRP Admin

United States
    watching the dany fans freak out has been the best thing ever. From a Stanbro, I knew this was coming. Long had you championed a revolutionary who was only concerned about one thing: power. Dany was a fake and a fraud, dressing all her heroics with a few sprinkles of "revolution" and "breaking the wheel". Remember this well when you look upon the "horrors" stannis did. He could have saved you all.

[​IMG]

really though im glad she snapped, but people act like this is something new:

[​IMG]
    I thought Jamie's death was kinda lame, but I enjoyed watching cersei break down into what she's always been past all that cold exterior: a mother.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. Greene

Greene space cowboy

United States
    I'll be back soon to rage about Game of Disappointments. Almost done with this trash.

Writers are doing a series based on knights of the old republic, but I ain't gonna ever watch something they write again. Fuck them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. Greene

Greene space cowboy

United States
    Warning: profanity within

This fucking season is trash and I cant fucking believe that this is the direction they went. I'd say show, but come on. The show before the last season was pretty alright. But this shit?! What the fuck?!?!?!?!?!?! Even the fucking ACTORS knew it was bad. I am beyond frustrated right now.

And it isnt even the good frustration that we have all had with this show before when it had big :O moments. Those were at least done in a tasteful way, but this? They really think people arent going to be genuinely mad at this?

Yeah sure Dany was on this path all along but really????? Jon and Tyrion are that stupid apparently??? The fucking shadow master didnt see Tyrions bullshit?? RIP Varys.

And I find it quite hard to believe that Dany would fall that fucking far. Putting a few people to death does not equal BURNING AN ENTIRE CITY OF INNOCENT PEOPLE.

The fight with Jaime and Euron was just fucking stupid and used literally as a way to get Euron the fuck out. Cleganebowl was disappointing but at least it finally fucking happened. Would have been neat if the Hound lit his sword on fire with a chant since he was the last of the brothers.

Arya is lucky as fuck, like ugh.

Also there's no fucking way that many troops survived the white walkers. Didn't they fucking sacrifice the unsullied to the wights?! What was that whole bullshit with them closing the fire behind the unsullied? Feels so cheapened now that loltroops. And the fucking horse dudes? I cant be arsed to remember their stupid name since I am so so fucking mad right now. They ran into the fucking wights and they showed only a handful returning but lol I guess not.

Jaime and Cersei dying was fucking retarded. Poor Brienne. Guess their little shindig means jack shit too. Hey at least Tormund gets a shot!!

Cant wait for this shit to be over with. My favorite show is reduced to this.

Tldr; [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  27. Scouser

Scouser Senior Member

United Kingdom
    "your grace listen theyve sounded the surrender bells! oh god oh fuck dany has airpods in she cant hear us!"

• Funny Funny x 4
  28. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    Snapchat-1080453971.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
  29. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    Hahaha
    Snapchat-1210674559.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. Santoro

Santoro Legend

stannis was the true king

joffrey and tommen were bastards

next in line to robert baratheon was stannis as his eldest brother, he was in his prime and coud have held the realm together, not to mention he was the first to take into account whats going up north and took off there with his army

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    #150 Santoro, May 13, 2019 at 10:14 PM
    Last edited: May 13, 2019 at 10:41 PM
  31. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    hot take: if Joffrey wasnt a raging psychopath he wouldve made a great king

• Agree Agree x 2
    • ...what? ...what? x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  32. pvt. bing 'b' bing?

pvt. bing 'b' bing? sopping wet
    TRP Admin

United States
    spoiler tags....on everything....

33. Santoro

Santoro Legend

look at it this way

he had tywin lannister as hand of the king, the most dangerous man in westeros, he had an alliance with the tyrells

say the word that he is a bastard didn't spread either

that would mean they had control of: the westerlands, the reach, the stormlands, the crownlands along with the riverlands under the frejys and the north under the boltons, tywin would have found a way to deal with the vale and dorne sooner or later, even if it meant war, he had no problem with going to war with the vale over tyrion in season 1

what this means is that joffrey would have near perfect terms to rule, if only he wasn't a vicious cunt he wouldn't have been poisoned by olenna tyrell

as tywin said, the lannister-tyrell alliance was the most powerful in westeros, and the rest would have bent the knee sooner or later, he could have been taught by tywin how to rule well and the realm would have been at peace for a few more decades

sure, tommen wasn't a vicious cunt like joffrey and he had the same terms for rule except that tywin was gone and unable to teach him, not to mention he was simple minded and let religious fanatics breed in the city

34. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    that and Joffrey wasnt a fucking idiot. If you look at his character beyond the crazy, he was actually a pretty smart cookie. He called for the creation of a royal army independent from the lords, he wanted to have Daenerys killed because he viewed her as a threat (something that Tywin thought was stupid) and was good at inspiring confidence in the citizens of King's Landing, like when he executed Ned Stark. The boy was on his way to creating a centralized state that could be ruled from the throne.

If you took away his psychopathy but left his intelligence, left his cowardice, left his ability to appeal to the people of the capital, and his advisors around him, he would've been one of the best Westerosi kings.

• ...what? ...what? x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  35. Nose Pickler

Nose Pickler Legend

United States
    Update: still me after this most recent episode
    I really really loved the past seasons but even my mother, who watched like season 1-3 and then has watched the few most recent episodes went “this doesn’t seem like the same show. Like Arya somehow being the only one to live in that whole area? What? They made it seem like that was it for her like 6 times lol. It was just getting old and annoying her continuing to gasp back awake and continue on. ALSO YAY for random horse living somehow too!! (guessing it had more meaning behind that). I thought for a moment at the start after the bells rang that Dany hearing that would make her realize these are just innocent people as they were screaming for them to be rung.... but nope. Not saying I’m surprised by this move. (spoiler alert, you’ve become your father, but worse hunny)

Also Jamie’s and Cersei’s deaths were really really anti-climatic :/

Idk, guess I’m interested in seeing what Jon does but dang is it disappointing to know this show ends this Sunday

36. Scouser

Scouser Senior Member

United Kingdom
    also this 'it makes sense for dany to go mad queen like this!' is silly. the woman who went to great lengths to liberate slave cities, save women from being raped by the dothraki in season 1, locked up her dragons because they killed that guys daughter isnt gonna turn on a dime and kill thousands of civilians because of just more betrayal/hardship (not something new to her). its super forced. you definitely get the feeling that george told the writers that this is where dany ends up but that they just completely failed to connect the dots.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1
  37. Abaddon

Abaddon Abadman
    Subcommunity Leader Moderator

United Kingdom

• Funny Funny x 2
  38. Joboba Durtfeet

United Kingdom

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  39. Abaddon

Abaddon Abadman
    Subcommunity Leader Moderator

United Kingdom
    I wrapped mine in spoiler tags, giving people false hope for Season 8, well those who haven't got round to watching it yet.

I also didn't see your post ResidentSleeper

40. Santoro

Santoro Legend

• Winner Winner x 1