Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Media Section' started by Kashaving, Apr 14, 2019.

1. feelsgoodman

feelsgoodman New Blood

United States
    Dude, she’s like 14.

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. Scouser

Scouser Senior Member

United Kingdom
    i meant hammers on swords..

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rabid

Rabid Legend

I wouldn't say the writing is any worse, more so they've finally hit the point they need to shift away from the complex personal politics because all of the pieces are in place and winter is actually here after seven seasons. In fact if I'm honest I think if they went back to the politics at this point in some ways I'd kind of be dumbfounded, beyond Ceresi doing it, because there's a few hundred thousand dead people marching south right now and they have proof of it.

Earlier on they could afford to spend entire seasons setting up things to build for the finale to lead onto the next big buildup. They can't really do that now, and they know most people want the payoff thats been building since 2011.

Me? I loved the earlier seasons but I also really wanted my Dragon fights and zombies.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    god i cant wait for Daenerys to fucking die

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Chad

Chad Zealot

United States
    anyone else notice bran said he was waiting on a friend, then when jamie arrived and the last shot of the show zooms in on bran’s face and there’s a subtle grin on his usually emotionless face??

he must know (he SEES all points of time, past, present, future) Jamie is responsible for him being the three eyed raven and has let go of the whole “hey you crippled me” thing which was expected but it’s weird to me he phrases Jamie as a “friend” unless he was referring to someone else

idk just think it’s interesting considering how Jamie reacts when seeing him [\spoiler]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Gram

Gram space cowboy

United States
    and the hilarious fact he didnt let anyone move him so he sat outside for like 24 hours straight lmao

Also Mac from it's always sunny in Philadelphia was the guy on the boat who was shot through the eye

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. A Blaze of Glory

A Blaze of Glory Senior Member

United States
    "Poor girl, the pox will take her within the year."

"Which girl?"
    Key-and-Peele-Sweating-Small.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nose Picker

Nose Picker Legend

United States
    Not about the new episode but this was just posted by The Weeknd w/ Travis Scott and SZA. I'm excited to hear it :')
    upload_2019-4-16_13-45-41.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Abaddon

Abaddon Abadman
    Subcommunity Leader Moderator

United Kingdom
    Episode 2 was goooooood.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chad

Chad Zealot

United States
    this is the only time i regret being american

well the orange too

11. Abaddon

Abaddon Abadman
    Subcommunity Leader Moderator

United Kingdom
    I watched it due to a leak, nothing to do with timezones.
    I usually watch it at 2am BST as that's the same time it comes out over in the US too.

12. Chad

Chad Zealot

United States
    damn didnt know they had leaks of this season, work schedule makes staying up a pain come monday morning

13. Gram

Gram space cowboy

United States
    Yeah. I feel you. I have to get up at 3am but the episode airs at 9.

14. Chad

Chad Zealot

United States
    i recently moved 2 timezones away so i've been gettin away with it. i feel your pain since that's around the time i'm up as well, i used to just ignore my phone until monday and enjoy the episode after work.

15. Gram

Gram space cowboy

United States
    I fucking knew they would fucking do that sort of bullshit where they talk all fucking episode and leave it on a cliffhanger

AND YET IM STILL FUCKING PISSED THEY DID IT

FUCK OFFFFFFFF

I cried at Briennes part

#55 Gram, Apr 22, 2019 at 3:17 AM
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019 at 10:27 AM
  16. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    This fucking writing jesus h christ :oog:

17. Rabid

Rabid Legend

Much better episode than the first, dialogue felt a lot better this time.

Hoping for a Hardhome-tier battle next episode. I reckon either they'll defeat the Night King by 4 and 5/6 will be about kicking Ceresi's ass or they'll be forced out and the final fight will end up with Kings Landing being fucked, as Deanery's flashback in Season 2/3 semi-implied).

Seeing Arya strip but remembering I've been watching this show long enough to remember her when she was literally a kid was like the most uncomfortable thing I've felt watching a TV show. Also kinda felt unnecessary? You don't see anything but it also felt kinda out of character for her.

18. Scouser

Scouser Senior Member

United Kingdom
    bad move from grey worm, planning what you're going to do after the battle? he's a goner

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Negative

Negative Has absolutely no life
    TRP Admin

United States
    The episode had a lot of 'remember this' dialogue with not much development. I thought we got all of that out in the first episode. They have 4 episodes to wrap everything up and we know it's going to be filled with a lot of cg fights.

20. Gram

Gram space cowboy

United States
    they did a lot of character endy shit this episode so I'm worried about the battle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Chad

Chad Zealot

United States
    i honestly really enjoyed this episode even though it’s so obvious how much fan service and how... cheesy the dialogue has gotten. it’s like the showrunners themselves are aware of the character’s popularity and writes down what their fans want from their interactions instead of writing down what makes sense for the characters. it’s hard for me to be critical though since they’re not pulling from source material and sort of winging it with probably jack all in terms of help from George as he’s busy with a prequel book literally nobody asked for.

honestly I just want my cgi helms deep type battles with the walkers because that’s what this whole series has built to.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. Rabid

Rabid Legend

Mood.

Hardhome v2 here we come

• Winner Winner x 2
  23. Gram

Gram space cowboy

United States
    Get you a man that looks at you like Torvald looks at Brienne

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    This, 1000x this! That first scene with Jaimie and Daenerys in the great hall of Winterfell should've felt tense and dangerous, like anything could've happened. Instead it just felt cheesy; Sansa's reversal after Brienne's speech was so out of character for the bitchy, self-responsible person she's become that it threw me for a loop. She went from "you got my father killed fuck you" to "well he probably isn't too bad" within a matter of seconds. The only people who made any sense during all that shit were Bran and Jon who stayed pretty true to character

Emilia Clarke's acting when Jon told Daenerys about his heritage was great though, props to her.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. sevbear

sevbear Zealot

United States
    every time bran speaks it kills me

Also urine Greyjoy looks a bit like Mario

#65 sevbear, Apr 23, 2019 at 3:14 AM
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019 at 3:28 AM
  26. A Blaze of Glory

A Blaze of Glory Senior Member

United States
    All this episode was, was characters coming together and removing any and all traces of plot armor. Brienne's finally a knight, Gray Worm and Missande plan a future, Jorah has a pow-wow with Lyanna, Jamie has been forgiven by those he wronged... There is no one who can truly be safe at this point. Literally all of our favorite characters are as equally as eligible for the chopping block as they've ever been before. Say what you want about the 'writing standards' but they had a goal, and they accomplished it.

Get ready to fucking cry next week nerds, the night is dark and full of terrors.

Edit: The crypts are gonna be that 'the sector is clear' meme.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    i mean except Jon, Daenerys, Tyrion and Bran

also Cersei & Bron but thats cause they're in king's landing

That being said, I'm marking Jura for death

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Gram

Gram space cowboy

United States
    Davos better not fucking die I swear to god

Or Tormund. Or Pod. Or Brienne. Or Jaime.

Honestly if they could get through without a death of a character I love that'd be great.

29. Gangleider

Gangleider speak into the shell
    Non-Roleplay Department Administrator Developer

Netherlands
    brienne aint making it beyond next episode methinks

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Benji Dooble

Benji Dooble Diamond in the rough

United States
    lmao everyone bouta die

31. Nose Picker

Nose Picker Legend

United States
    yeah that was a major "here have this character receive what they've always wanted because they're dying soon' moment. that was one of my most favorite scenes from that episodes, tbh.

32. Benji Dooble

Benji Dooble Diamond in the rough

United States
    podrick singing was beautiful

33. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    I hate moments like those. The entire reason GoT became so interesting so quickly is precisely because it didn't give characters those moments. It gave us characters that we liked, that we rooted for, and then fucking murdered them ruthlessly without them having achieved anything. It was brilliantly subversive in its writing of characters to ensure that their stories were left unfinished. Having characters who get exactly what they want and then getting fucking murdered, like with what is about to happen with Brienne, turns Game of Thrones from a show where anyone can die at any time (Except Jon, obviously) into just another melodrama where you can go, "Oh cool that character got their moment, time to mark them for death.

thank you for coming to my Ted talk.

• Funny Funny x 1
  34. baby

baby Zealot

Philippines
    u pessimistic motherfkr ur just mad ppl have to address her as Ser Brienne of Tarth from now on

• Funny Funny x 1
  35. Gram

Gram space cowboy

United States
    its ok its not like anyone cool is dying. Plus I'm sure we will get something we didnt expect.

Jk I like Brienne a lot

36. Gram

Gram space cowboy

United States
    Just read an interesting theory that Dani will become the Ice Queen, and Jon will fulfill some prophecy by killing her and saving the world.

37. Nose Picker

Nose Picker Legend

United States
    On the note of Daenerys, she’s always been my FAV, absolutely love the character and where she’s come from, but this season I’ve seen a lot of people say she’s becoming like Cersei. When she went to Snow and was saying how Sansa was being disrespectful that was a big O_O, definitely got some mad queen vibes there. I’m not sure with her, the scene where she told Sam she killed his family was also really concerning. I’m interested to see what’s going to happen with the character.

38. Gram

Gram space cowboy

United States
    Hopefully she eats shit

• Agree Agree x 1
  39. kingryan

kingryan Legend

United States
    Podrick's going to save Brienne, like he did Tyrion. We see him teaching other soldiers, and we see how good he's gotten at fighting. -- there's been way too much put into his story to /NOT/ have a payoff. He's going to kill something, and he's going to kill something with FURY, and save lives doing it.

Daenerys, for all her talk of breaking the wheel, has only done more to enforce the social structure that she so desperately wants to reform. I think she's a terrible person: her reaction to Jon breaking the news of R + L = J is basically a big red flag. This season's reinforced the fact that Dany is infact, a whiny, egotistical, hypocritical baby. It's funny how she can harp so much about being the heir to the throne and it being her right to be Queen until Jon corrects her and tells her of the REAL order of succession.

• Agree Agree x 2
  40. Scouser

Scouser Senior Member

United Kingdom