freezing @ workshop complete

Ashea

Jul 16, 2017
it did it yesterday when i was roleplaying with my boy topcat and now after being kicked

i cant screenshot considering the game is FROZEN but imagine the game being FROZEN at 99% Workshop Complete

cannot close window

i didnt add anything new, it just started doing that
help

BMY

Legend
Jul 9, 2016
it did it yesterday when i was roleplaying with my boy topcat and now after being kicked

i cant screenshot considering the game is FROZEN but imagine the game being FROZEN at 99% Workshop Complete

cannot close window

i didnt add anything new, it just started doing that
help
You can always copy screen or use snipping tool but anyway
Reinstall addons first thing

Ashea

Jul 16, 2017
reinstall addons? ha ha...
my computer is a bitch to work with im not all that used to win10 and i got two hard drives and that crashed my game before

aka
how do you do that

BMY

Legend
Jul 9, 2016
reinstall addons? ha ha...
my computer is a bitch to work with im not all that used to win10 and i got two hard drives and that crashed my game before
Bruh you just have to press the delete key on like 4 folders

Foxicus

Mar 6, 2018
ima lose em
here i thought i paid 1k for a good pc
go to the workshop FIRST.
unsubscribe from TnB content.
then go to your gmod folder in your steam directory, delete all the TnB .gma's.
resubscribe.
bada bing bada boom.

don't be a retard and delete all of your addons or else you may end up redownloading 50gigs of shit.

BMY

Legend
Jul 9, 2016
resubscribe.
bada bing bada boom.

don't be a retard and delete all of your addons or else you may end up redownloading 50gigs of shit.
If you have 50gigs of addons ur already retard. There's no reason to unsubscribe and resubscribe, it literally makes no difference as the game only checks what you're subscribed to when you launch and then gets the needed downloads

Ashea

Jul 16, 2017
resubscribe.
bada bing bada boom.

The Content Is Deleted.

does it matter if i dont open it

BMY

Legend
Jul 9, 2016
The Content Is Deleted.

does it matter if i dont open it
The content will redownload when you launch the game which is exactly what you want. The whole point of this is to fix some addon that was installed incorrectly

Foxicus

Mar 6, 2018
If you have 50gigs of addons ur already retard. There's no reason to unsubscribe and resubscribe, it literally makes no difference as the game only checks what you're subscribed to when you launch and then gets the needed downloads
if u dont have at least 50 gigs of content then u play on tnb too much and should expand ur horizons.
but then again, i don't think ur gonna find anything much better js

Pineapple

Legend
Mar 26, 2015
i had to delete all of my addons, unsubscribe then resubscribe and wait for them to download while staring at gmod as they spent 2 hours redownloading
that was literally the only thing that got it to work for me but I genuinely think it’s a issue with steam itself at this point bc of how many people r having the same issue

BMY

Legend
Jul 9, 2016
i had to delete all of my addons, unsubscribe then resubscribe and wait for them to download while staring at gmod as they spent 2 hours redownloading
that was literally the only thing that got it to work for me but I genuinely think it’s a issue with steam itself at this point bc of how many people r having the same issue
I think gmod addons suck at downloading properly more than other games

Jul 1, 2018
The issue with workshop freezing may be a need to manually install the file of the map we are on. I had the same issue. Once that's in, it's a matter of patience. Typically for me I time out the first round I try to log in, get in the second round after like 8 minutes.

The Gmod update screwed up some stuff. New subscriptions no longer download to your addons folder. Your map's .gma file is actually in a new location, for one. The location of your downloads is now in some random ass folder contained within your directory here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\4000

If you sort by date modified, each of those gibberish folders will be in the sequence which you downloaded those addons or files from most recent to least. If you take a look at the attached Annotation 141820 doc, you should see something like that. If I click on the most recent folder I have there, because I have not downloaded any new addons since I downloaded the map, that is where the Zaton Remaster .gma is now stored (See Annotation 141949). Try deleting that (fyi make sure you're unsubbed from the addon).

Do not resub to the addon. Go to your Gmod, then Multiplayer, then Legacy Browser. Open the console there. Run the command "menu_cleanupgmas". Restart Gmod.

Resub and redownload. Restart Gmod again. Try connecting.

When I did that, I failed to connect the first time (timed out) but succeeded the second time after waiting much longer than usual.

Hope that helped, and please give all informative ratings to sky sky who gave me the guidance on this initially

Attachments

sky

Your newest internet obsession
Subcommunity Leader
TRP Admin
Sep 18, 2015
the above is true and very much a hassle, steam did push through an update to fix the bug however so be sure you've restarted steam since the 12th

if that doesn't work, my recommendation is a clean wipe of gmod - that means deleting the ENTIRE garrys mod folder (don't forget to save your dupes and logs)

steam does not automatically delete the folder and all of its contents, so there's leftovers in there. make sure you delete the entire folder manually after uninstalling the game through steam

then navigate to the path here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\4000

delete the entire folder, reinstall gmod and make sure you are only subscribed to the addons you need

Nat Attack

Legend
Dec 28, 2014
The issue with workshop freezing may be a need to manually install the file of the map we are on. I had the same issue. Once that's in, it's a matter of patience. Typically for me I time out the first round I try to log in, get in the second round after like 8 minutes.

The Gmod update screwed up some stuff. New subscriptions no longer download to your addons folder. Your map's .gma file is actually in a new location, for one. The location of your downloads is now in some random ass folder contained within your directory here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\4000

If you sort by date modified, each of those gibberish folders will be in the sequence which you downloaded those addons or files from most recent to least. If you take a look at the attached Annotation 141820 doc, you should see something like that. If I click on the most recent folder I have there, because I have not downloaded any new addons since I downloaded the map, that is where the Zaton Remaster .gma is now stored (See Annotation 141949). Try deleting that (fyi make sure you're unsubbed from the addon).

Do not resub to the addon. Go to your Gmod, then Multiplayer, then Legacy Browser. Open the console there. Run the command "menu_cleanupgmas". Restart Gmod.

Resub and redownload. Restart Gmod again. Try connecting.

When I did that, I failed to connect the first time (timed out) but succeeded the second time after waiting much longer than usual.

Hope that helped, and please give all informative ratings to sky sky who gave me the guidance on this initially
the above is true and very much a hassle, steam did push through an update to fix the bug however so be sure you've restarted steam since the 12th

if that doesn't work, my recommendation is a clean wipe of gmod - that means deleting the ENTIRE garrys mod folder (don't forget to save your dupes and logs)

steam does not automatically delete the folder and all of its contents, so there's leftovers in there. make sure you delete the entire folder manually after uninstalling the game through steam

then navigate to the path here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\4000

delete the entire folder, reinstall gmod and make sure you are only subscribed to the addons you need
These two are correct

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)