FootlessPrism - Ignoring RP, attempted RDM to evade RP, disconnecting to avoid RP

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Negligent PKs don’t really need auths, it’s more of a decision from admins to overturn the death if it isn’t seen as negligence. People seem to forget characters aren’t idealized avatars of themselves and can actually face repercussions for their actions. TRP doesn’t exactly promote a nitty gritty realistic setting like HL2 does/did. But to use the server’s lax setting as an excuse to be a complete buffoon and to act like John Rambo isn’t kosher. We try to cater to as many people as we can by keeping the server how it is and when situations like this happen it ruins the experience for others. Personally I don’t want to hinder one persons experience over the other when the fault comes down to one party’s inability/immaturity.

I don’t think a permanent ban is necessary but I’m not a fan of giving you two warnings about your conduct on server and expect any sort of change to happen, because clearly all it takes is time for you to settle back into old habits Prism. Going to keep this open for now as the admin team decides on an outcome.

Last edited:
Here I am again. While I understand the wariness for any sort of ban, Chad above has said themselves that clearly all it takes is for time to pass before Footless returns to doing what he'll do. Footless /himself/ confessed he DCed when he realized this was a PK situation.

This next part is my personal view, but isn't tolerating this sort of stuff what causes to be viewed as alright to do? I'm fairly sure other situations like this on-server with admins usually end with a permanent ban (albeit to get the banned on forums mostly) with admins present. Again, while I understand the avoidance of any true ban, I'm also wondering how long we'll have to redo this issue when it crops up with Footless again.

Here I am again. While I understand the wariness for any sort of ban, Chad above has said themselves that clearly all it takes is for time to pass before Footless returns to doing what he'll do. Footless /himself/ confessed he DCed when he realized this was a PK situation.

This next part is my personal view, but isn't tolerating this sort of stuff what causes to be viewed as alright to do? I'm fairly sure other situations like this on-server with admins usually end with a permanent ban (albeit to get the banned on forums mostly) with admins present. Again, while I understand the avoidance of any true ban, I'm also wondering how long we'll have to redo this issue when it crops up with Footless again.
I don't see how this could be construed as tolerating his behavior, considering myself and other members of the staff have decried it by name and made a point to expand on this specific instance to better define acceptable behavior in the future.

Resolved and locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread