Eternity

sneezing slug

mucus mutant
Nov 30, 2015
Freaking out over bodycams is a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. With any type of surveillance on Eternity you cannot see the conversation nor see the names of who you're in conversation with. The only name you can see is the person that has the bio-signal on. The only thing the bodycams are doing is creating a way of having to be more creative. As said above, you can either go '10-7' and deactivate your biosignal for the camera to be inaccessible, or be creative. You need to speak to a resistance member? Act as if you're patting them down so that whoever may be watching thinks it's just a standard stop. Not everyone and their mother would have access to this, either.

Just try and keep an open mind to it. If it becomes an issue, it can easily be removed.
Basically my thoughts after my initial post.

Nerdbird

Educated Avian
May 24, 2016
not to mention that the technology at the time (in 1998, body cameras were experimented with) wouldn't be able to accommodate the size of the files. "combine tech" or not, i don't imagine there's a 1tb ssd on those cams

Gunnerstrip7

Warrior of Sunlight
Aug 17, 2011
not to mention that the technology at the time (in 1998, body cameras were experimented with) wouldn't be able to accommodate the size of the files. "combine tech" or not, i don't imagine there's a 1tb ssd on those cams
"Current Technology forbids this" is something that isn't going to hold water this iteration I think. Because the Combine are here and things are drastically different with an inter-universal Union. I'm stating that recorded files would just be horrid on body-cams and be a step too far.

valerstein

RANDAL
Sep 28, 2015
damn what's up with you people and cameras its the cca

e: On a serious note, I don't think it should be recorded 24/7, really. It is pretty weird and unrealistic. Like it's been recommended above, it should be sort-of like a live-stream, but it's activated when a console decides to connect to it and view.

Last edited:

Newticus

(★★☆☆☆)
Mar 16, 2013
When I see body cams, all I see is an interesting dilemma for anti-citizens and corrupt cops to overcome.
It'll be really hard for someone to use it in bad faith and not be incredibly conspicuous in doing so.

I don't know about always recording vs. live streaming because I think both sides can present an interesting dynamic, but then again I'm a bit biased towards hotter fires forging stronger steel.
I doubt that having body cameras will really as big of a factor as everyone's playing them up to be. If they are, I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing as long as it's done in good faith. If it's not, then that's easily detectable and can be adjusted if grown flagrant.

The more script functions that can serve a purpose to roleplay, the better.

VeteranGary

May 25, 2016
most modern bodycams today don't even record 100% of the time. mostly, they are on and recording, but only saving 15 seconds before the 'record' button is actually pressed.

anyway, the entire point of bodycams is for evidence when things are brought to court etc, not necessarily 24/7 monitoring.

solves the storage issue, but then again makes it basically useless unless there was some sort of internal affairs or something.

Koumakan

Zealot
Jul 25, 2017
Complaining about body cams like 'oh no I have to put a little extra thought into my minge mug and actually turn it into a thought out plan despite being an inferior force'

It's not going to change that much, and as others have pointed out, there are still plenty of ways to get at it and around it, and they just require you to be ever so slightly more creative. Even then, having a body cam isn't going to magically make an entire squad of units teleport behind you and whisper nothing personel kid into your ears the second you stop a unit. If he can't call for help, someone would still have to coincidentally be viewing that camera at that exact moment. Maybe have some friends set up a roadblock or choke point for reinforcements, actually work as a group with a few people, because just mugging one random unit shouldn't be an easy thing either.

I like the idea of making corruption and traitor play that much more of an eggshell dance, as these should both be taken a lot more seriously to begin with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)