1. Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.

Doggo

Discussion in 'HL2 Unban' started by Doggo, Jan 13, 2019 at 2:59 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doggo

Doggo Legend

Canada
    Name of character: Miroslav Moroshkin/Enl. Phineas Baumgartner
    Steam ID: I'll get it later, Steam name is Doggo My Name
    Original length of ban: Permanent
    Time since ban: Maybe 3 mins
    Who banned you: @Bennet Dyson
    Reason for original ban: None
    Proof(If Applicable): None
    Reason for unban: Me having done nothing wrong. I asked that if I killed Snow within the next 10 mins that I wouldn't be kicked, as maybe 3 mins earlier he removed and voided Ballin for his attempt at martyring/jihading himself. I didn't even do anything, I only asked if I could. And I received a permaban.

E: I asked because my character is Gruppa and I was set out with the express purpose, apparently agreed on by Bennet, to go to the bunker and do some damage to command members.

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Zing Zing x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    #1 Doggo, Jan 13, 2019 at 2:59 AM
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 4:38 AM
  2. Robe

Robe some fucking pog fuck

United States
    this seems to be the culmination of a large, frustrating situation that occurred with today's events. i'm going to refrain from posting about what i saw in here as i think that should be addressed in an entirely separate thread.

from what i can tell, doggo's character tried to take care of some ic business that made sense, but a lot was going on at once and it ended in his permanent ban. although permanent bans are sometimes used to get the player to explain themselves, this one seems to be in particular poor taste.

i stand with doggo (for once).

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Cambrysiel

Cambrysiel Legend

United States
    Having roleplayed with you as your undercover Gruppa multiple times throughout both this entire event and in the days prior, I don't think that this ban was fair or necessary. Had any other admin done this they would have been lynched and removed from their position for what was equivalent to disconnecting to avoid a PK.

Furthermore, it's incredible to see that people complained throughout the event of the lack of major injury and death on the BSC side of an event that was essentially a genocide turn around and do something like this after the three infiltrators spent hours actually finding a way inside the ranks of the militia.

This whole ordeal has cost us a good portion of players that don't see the point in playing anymore because their concerns were met with kicks and bans, and nobody is satisfied with the aftermath of the event.

Unban Doggo. Swallow your community leader pride and apologize for your shitty behavior.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #3 Cambrysiel, Jan 13, 2019 at 3:44 AM
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 3:39 PM
  4. Doggo

Doggo Legend

Canada
    bump so this doesn't get lost

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Scouser

Scouser Senior Member

United Kingdom
    What's the fucking point of engaging in morally questionable actions in roleplay if when a character takes umbrage or is the victim of these actions, the players behind the characters are unironically kicked and banned for trying to avenge themselves? This entire situation is ridiculous, it left the entire nights events on a very sour note, and if it was anyone except Bennet handling IC situations with a banhammer there would be CCCs out of the roof.

Get a grip. Free Doggo.

• Agree x 15
    • #shotsfired x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Zing x 2
    • Friendly x 1
  6. Raklo

Raklo Legend

United States
    the removal of the gruppa players from the situation was done in an extremely tasteless way and really made the rest of it drag in a really awkward limping fashion. it's understandable that someone wouldnt want to deal with such a bump in the plan, but events shouldnt be railroaded in such a way that anything that isnt convenient is simply remover tooled mid-RP lol. nobody should be banned for attempting to go through with their character's convictions no matter the circumstances, otherwise everything would be so straightforward it'd be dull. honestly the most uncomfortable event mishap that ive yet to see, and doggo shouldnt be banned.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Crona

Crona Senior Member

United States
    From the viewpoint as a middle man from someone that is associated to neither of these factions I honestly have to agree that this was done in a horrible fashion. I can see the motivations behind why a Gruppa would make the choice to pretty much engage in a suicide mission after we had collapsed the caves in on the players practically wiping out many of said faction members. Now i'm not sure of all the details behind the scenes but banning Doggo really put a shit taste in my mouth after a otherwise really well done event that shoulda had lasting consequences for players involved in what was practically a slaughter.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #7 Crona, Jan 14, 2019 at 3:04 AM
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 3:58 AM
  8. Doggo

Doggo Legend

Canada
    bump once more

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Nerdbird

Nerdbird Educated Avian

United States
  10. Chad

Chad Zealot

United States
    is this why zrp lasted the same length as a trimester ?

• Zing Zing x 8
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • #shotsfired #shotsfired x 1
  11. War Machine

War Machine THE IRON BANK

Next time don't ask questions kid, the ban should stay. Death by exile.

@Bennet Dyson I would recommend extending the ban.

No but seriously what did he do?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Emelianenko

Emelianenko Legend

I'm just posting what I saw to clear the air for some people who weren't involved.

Some people don't know how specifically the whole scene went down to cause the ban, but here it is. I'll just say this as well. Doggo was having a lot of fun on the server. He told me long before this ban. He and all those who played in Gruppa brought something out in PHL2 that we tried so hard to force in ZRP, and failed to do. These guys pulled it off. Everybody else in this thread already pointed out the obvious. So as somebody who was right there, I think we should do the obvious. The whole Gruppa thing aside for another thread or conversation. Unbanning Doggo so he can play on the server again if he chooses to and perhaps even carry on the storyline further beyond it ending last weekend would be a huge benefit to PHL2. That's what I have to say.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. Cambrysiel

Cambrysiel Legend

United States
    As an additional note, since there seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding this, Gruppa was never intended to be an 'event only' faction & idk where people are getting that idea.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Doggo

Doggo Legend

Canada
    ive been spontaneously unbanned guys so i guess we won

an exercise in justice

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Funny Funny x 5
  15. Adderall

Adderall Legend

United States
    I even put it in bright colors.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
  16. Scouser

Scouser Senior Member

United Kingdom
    You know somebody fucked up when everybody is siding with Doggo.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. TankNut

TankNut Is Tekka done yet?
    Developer

Netherlands
    Problem is solved let's not make this into a peanut gallery

• Agree x 6
    • Funny x 3
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Artistic x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    • ...what? x 1
  18. Bennet Dyson

Non-Roleplay Department Administrator

Ireland
    i thought you were unbanned afterwards and i wasn't around sunday, i unbanned you when i got back monday,

i banned you to just remove you from the situation, changing your name and adding a enl. as a prefix then doing no emotes to rouse suspicion at all just made me think you were doing something stupid

whoever told you that was setting you up to get into trouble, i just can't imagine who would do that

i know people love having something to be outraged about but i can't really focus too much on gruppa because give or take there's about 6 more weeks to get through and things are about to ramp up considerably, consider it a bad call and me just not being patient enough to sit down and talk it out in the moment

• Friendly Friendly x 10
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.