Dinner, Osprey, Lonewolf, Keefe, Tami, Michael Scott - Hardcore metagame

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Furitaon said:
Also, do not pin this all on me. All of the people involved were talking to the admin about how they did not agree with the circumstances of the base itself.

You were the leader of the group and the one apparently claiming to know of the base's location at the time, which makes you and the one you were trying to break out my targets for a metagame ban request. I'm assuming the others were hired or volunteered to come along for the job and therefore were not willfully metagaming. You on the other hand were.

Furitaon said:
Pirate, I said 'Lax'. A shortened version of Lacrosse.

That's my fault, then. I interpreted it as LAX, which is LA Intl. I'm not particularly familiar with sports acronyms.

Also, Pirate. I have not fucking /spoken/ to Raspberry today.

If Raspberry told you that, that was a LIE.

Dinner is the one who told me about your problem at 1:54 PM EST.

I saw the message at 2:04 EST, and added you and replied to you at 2:10PM EST.

Sorry, I got carried away. This is a dumb argument that will only be settled by admins. There's two sides bashing each other and there won't be an agreement until the team can provide a compromise to settle both sides.

try to keep things into one post if they aren't much other than 1-2 lines more, it clogs up the thread more than it needs to be

I don't see why there should be anything bordering on a compromise.

The entrance to the base is clearly discoverable, but at the same time it's indistinguishable from any other hideout you might come across, or any other locked blastdoor in an underground lab/facility. It's about as restrictive as trying to invade a faction base when they have IC guards, but it's usually not good practice to go breaking into random hideouts.

You were told to go away by the admins before. That was the settlement. This thread is here because you had the nerve to try again later.

Go by the admin ruling, and stop contesting the legitimacy of the base when at least half the team backs it.

Wilson. Dude.

I never tried again later, nor did I intend to.

I was at LACROSSE PRACTICE AND SCHOOL ORIENTATION the entire time up until 2:00 EST.

why do people do /this/ like trying to put italics in text when theres already italics in the forums??

/ontopic

the only people who know where the base even IS are four of the rejects.
the door didn't just pop into existance, i'm sure that it would have been there for ages ICly.

Dirty said:
Sorry, I got carried away. This is a dumb argument that will only be settled by admins. There's two sides bashing each other and there won't be an agreement until the team can provide a compromise to settle both sides.

I don't think I'm dumb for not wanting tedious and extensive roleplay to be undermined by someone abusing OOC knowledge and for wanting punishment issued to said person.

dougal said:
why do people do /this/ like trying to put italics in text when theres already italics in the forums??

/ontopic

the door didn't just pop into existance, i'm sure that it would have been there for ages ICly.

Nah dude we rented a TBM from Sidorovich and built it right there on the spot.

dougal said:

I'm on my phone so pressing more options complicates it.

dougal said:

Also, Dougal- are you saying that is is impossible that a large group of STALKERS wouldn't find the base that had "ICLY been there for ages," and want to explore it, just as the Rejects apparently did? Because, after all, they'd have to have stumbled upon it themselves at some point or another, to, you know, use it as their own base.

Underground bases. (UNDER the MAP) are the dumbest of the most retarded things. It's the perfect escape mechanism for everything. People hunting you down? Back to our under the map lair and if they do find us call dat metagame!!!!!!. Captured this big up dude and want to PK him without a rescue even a possibility? Under the map we go to our underground lair. Either built it on the map itself or take it to SF.. But if you have a base that's not on the map, don't BUILT IT.

Floki made the sewers and that was with the intent of being partially a monolithian outpost (one of the parts), (one part for comrades) BUT STILL.. it would be accesible by everyone who wanted a bring.

We might aswell give every faction a base beneath the map and call it "inaccessible" to everyone but the faction members. So nobody can rob their stockpiles, attack them... And they can CYBER in peace.

When I announce an underground lab filled with potential event and high tier mutant roleplay nobody finds the door. But six people manage to find a hidden door? ICly it's possible, but the chances are too slim. I don't know man, I'm on Pirates side for this.

_Nirri™;451761 said:
Underground bases. (UNDER the MAP) are the dumbest of the most retarded things. It's the perfect escape mechanism for everything. People hunting you down? Back to our under the map lair and if they do find us call dat metagame!!!!!!. Captured this big up dude and want to PK him without a rescue even a possibility? Under the map we go to our underground lair. Either built it on the map itself or take it to SF.. But if you have a base that's not on the map, don't BUILT IT.

Floki made the sewers and that was with the intent of being partially a monolithian outpost (one of the parts), (one part for comrades) BUT STILL.. it would be accesible by everyone who wanted a bring.

We might aswell give every faction a base beneath the map and call it "inaccessible" to everyone but the faction members. So nobody can rob their stockpiles, attack them... And they can CYBER in peace.

Actually every faction already has an essentially untouchable main base, and most have sealable underground bunkers as well.

Groups that don't have these things counterbalance that by just not being on when they're not taking measures to get the scripts (regulators). We argued that we needed some kind of low-key hideout to base our operation out of because of the nature of our group and the contracts we pursue. The admins we spoke to agreed that such a thing was necessary and also that nowhere on the map as it stood would work because everyone is familiar with the layout of the map.

A small branch of an underground facility implied to be quite large was built with props and considered sealed and secret and fully authed. That's perfectly fair in my opinion and in the opinions of those authing admins and if you actually put the effort to roleplay in you'd be able to learn the location IC, without cheating.

Triangle said:
When I announce an underground lab filled with potential event and high tier mutant roleplay nobody finds the door. But six people manage to find a hidden door? ICly it's possible, but the chances are too slim. I don't know man, I'm on Pirates side for this.

It's not hidden. It's just nondescript and locked like most other doors underground.

e:

Osprey (FreeOsprey): [OOC] Now, guys. I just made this NSS base in the town but ICLY it's hidden so if any of you stumble upon it I'll ban you.

Snide comments!

Pirate tries to pull points out of his @#!*% all the time. If he's so @#!*% scared that he puts a base under the map, then the players are literally entitled to be able to eventually find it.
I am completely against banning them.

E: I dont really care about the legitemacy of the base, but you cant just fuck off to the bottom of the map, and expect people not to find you, thats abuse anyway.

E2: Gonna get flame for this, time to buckle down.

E3: I awaite the admins decision.

you have literally not read the thread at all, are you just posting to insult pirate
because if so don't

Pirate, stop trying to get people banned for literally the exact thing you have done times before. This whole thing is being blown out of proportion and to be completely honest, it just seems you're trying to be a discount Regulators with PK squad and super secret underground base. So what if they metagamed (intentionally/unintentionally), it happens. If we banned every single person for it or removed observe flags every time somebody complained about it (with no evidence I might add, again) then we would have no player run events, third party conflict resolution, etc. Perhaps we should post a ban request on you for all the supposed harassment that I've heard people complain about for weeks on end, or request an admin to remove your observe flags because you were hovering around in observe the night Prinya died, seemingly avoiding any chance of people to come after you (however unlikely). Seriously man you used to be a good roleplayer, now it just seems you go out of your way to be a complete jerk and try to get other people removed because they try to go against you. You have SIX bans, in one thread, with no evidence. You should know better. It's only a game, why do you have to be mad?

Helios said:
you have literally not read the thread at all, are you just posting to insult pirate
because if so don't

Last post.

I never liked Pirate, a lot of bullshit has come out of situations with him. I have read the entire thing, and made an opinion on it. I dont see evidence, I dont see any legitimate point (FROM EITHER SIDE) that even quantifies a ban reason. I dont think he (They) should be banned because of this, regardless of Pirate.

Bulldog said:
Pirate, stop trying to get people banned for literally the exact thing you have done times before. This whole thing is being blown out of proportion and to be completely honest, it just seems you're trying to be a discount Regulators with PK squad and super secret underground base. So what if they metagamed (intentionally/unintentionally), it happens. If we banned every single person for it or removed observe flags every time somebody complained about it (with no evidence I might add, again) then we would have no player run events, third party conflict resolution, etc. Perhaps we should post a ban request on you for all the supposed harassment that I've heard people complain about for weeks on end, or request an admin to remove your observe flags because you were hovering around in observe the night Prinya died, seemingly avoiding any chance of people to come after you (however unlikely). Seriously man you used to be a good roleplayer, now it just seems you go out of your way to be a complete jerk and try to get other people removed because they try to go against you. You have SIX bans, in one thread, with no evidence. You should know better. It's only a game, why do you have to be mad?

Please read the OP and find that I included the names of six people because six names were given to me, and also that I specified at the bottom of my post that I wasn't sure about all six of them actually intentionally metagaming, only two in particular.

I implore you to find an example of me doing this because nobody's ever pointed it out to me and if I have then I need to adjust the way I roleplay.

I don't harass people, they use the word harass because they try to talk shit about me in GOOC or on Teamspeak and get dumped on when I hear about it.

I didn't post evidence because the server doesn't happen to log evidence of metagame. I said what happened and why it couldn't have happened and here's why it seems to have been intentional metagame.

Discount Regulators? Regulators are a discount Ravenwood by that logic.

Super secret underground base? It's a tiny storage room behind a nondescript door in a non complex full of nondescript doors, which is why I'm annoyed to find that someone has found it, concluded that it must be ours and that we must be holding his friend there with no evidence to point to either conclusion.

Commander Batman said:
Last post.

I never liked Pirate, a lot of bullshit has come out of situations with him. I have read the entire thing, and made an opinion on it. I dont see evidence, I dont see any legitimate point (FROM EITHER SIDE) that even quantifies a ban reason. I dont think he (They) should be banned because of this, regardless of Pirate.

Once metagame is logged in a standardized format like every other piece of "proof" that you can supply I'll be sure to fetch it for you. Metagame is a touchy subject because all you can do is look at what happened, consider that it shouldn't have happened, and piece together bits of information that suggest that the person who did the thing that shouldn't have been done did so knowing that it shouldn't have been done, which I've done. Nobody I've talked to one on one questioned that there's any metagame taking place here.

Metagame is however against the rules and very bannable due to the damage it can cause so if it seems that metagame occurred then a ban should be issued.

Never, ICLY, did we say ONCE that it was the Reject base. We simply wanted to explore what was behind the door. A possibility being that Silo could have been behind it.

pirate said:
Super secret underground base? It's a tiny storage room behind a nondescript door in a non complex full of nondescript doors, which is why I'm annoyed to find that someone has found it, concluded that it must be ours and that we must be holding his friend there with no evidence to point to either conclusion.

So then what you said in your OP is incorrect then?

pirate said:
A) None of them knew it existed.
B) None of them knew where it was.
C) None of them could open the first door.
D) None of them could open the second door.
E) None of them could open the tertiary and following doors.
F) None of them knew that we were holding Silovik.

Sooooooooooooooo, I'm confused. Is it one door or several rooms/multiple doors?

There's one door on the "outside" with a series of other doors beyond, all of which are locked when we're not there or are asleep or whatever. It consists of I think 3 rooms, two really with a temp wall set up to separate bunks from the living area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread