• FPP only

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • FPP + TPP

Votes: 22 75.9%

• Total voters

Kieck

poland can into space
Nov 2, 2014
Is anyone up for playing DayZ Standalone together?
First off, there should be a general consensus over the server type/hive we should be playing at, so I made a poll about it.
I assume we will be playing on American servers because they're the most versatile for everyone. It's the only place where people from Oceania can get proper ping (and framerates, funnily enough, ArmA engine ties framerates to latency).

Gangleider

speak into the shell
Non-Roleplay Department Administrator
Developer
Jun 11, 2007
i mite be down for checking out how much they changed

Kieck

poland can into space
Nov 2, 2014
Gangleider said:
i mite be down for checking out how much they changed
New loot system, vehicles. The next experimental version will be full of content, so I might be changing into it just for the SSh-68 helmet and VSS Vintorez.
0.58 has barely any zombies in it, though, since they didn't optimise them yet to be actually performance-friendly.
Here's the link to my Steam profile for anyone interested to add me. Try posting on the thread beforehand, though.

Helios

Legend
Dec 1, 2012
Surgeon Scone ! said:
Interested. I'll boot it up when I get home to make sure it runs well.
fyi that FPS probably won't exceed 20-30 FPS, because of how much loot is on the server and how it renders all of it [citation needed].

Apart from that it's generally okay. I prefer it over the mod and a lot of the things in it are also good - most common issues have been persistent since Arma days - desync, lag, etc. Sometimes items or weapons might appear in your inventory but also stay on the ground if you try to pick them up.

HeShutzeHeScores

May 24, 2015
I have been playing dayz to the point where i hate FP, the thing I like about TP you have a better view of what around you, and you can peer over walls, always a plus!

taliah

Jul 19, 2015
yo i bought this unfinished game a while back but never had a fun time on it.

hmu if u want a fun time

Kordinn

Smoker of the first Vape
Aug 26, 2013
Hillyun said:
yo i bought this unfinished game a while back but never had a fun time on it.

hmu if u want a fun time
Kieck said:
Waiting for the new experimental patch.
pm me when this happens we can all play

hopefully maybe we can find a server we can setup a society of shirtless motor-bike helmet tribals who take survivors hostage

i refuse to play if we dont have zombies though

shotcopper 9000

Dead Soul
Jan 18, 2015
game is 500% better just for including the ssh-68

now we need some 60s/70s vintage soviet army ground forces uniforms and i'll really start playing again

Gangleider

speak into the shell
Non-Roleplay Department Administrator
Developer
Jun 11, 2007
anything substantial change

they changed their mind about wanting to use the arma 2 engine apparently??? gosh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)