Zealot
Dec 28, 2015
i've never had any real interest in the cyberpunk concept before

until now

Benji Dooble

Diamond in the rough
Jun 1, 2015
Which one is it
I'm hyped over a game made by quality people, not asshats. Have you seen witcher 3? It's literally amazing.

CD projekt red is one of the most quality focused studios in the industry as far as I know. They're not going to fuck us like Todd 'skyrim: roomba edition' Howard.

Last edited:

Anri

cute when mad
Jan 14, 2012
you mean todd howard?

also, the witcher is a setting established via books beforehand; you can't do much wrong if you're a quality-driven developer that bases games on books. i'm not so sure if 2077 is something they cooked up themselves or if it's also based on something else, but either way, there's a chance the game will be great in terms of gameplay but the story and setting could be absolutely abysmal.

i'm very optimistic and very very hyped about an actual cyberpunk game, but the trailer is really bright and looks "happy". it doesn't fit the moody, mysterious tone the initial teaser set forever ago. that one led us to believe the game is more focused around augfreaks going nuts because of whatever - which, while cliché, remains an alright main story piece. now, i'm not so sure what the story is about anymore.

i want to trust cdpr and i'll gladly eat a broom if they deliver something good, but do keep in mind that even The Good Ones can slip up and go down the gutter

Benji Dooble

Diamond in the rough
Jun 1, 2015
you mean todd howard?

also, the witcher is a setting established via books beforehand; you can't do much wrong if you're a quality-driven developer that bases games on books. i'm not so sure if 2077 is something they cooked up themselves or if it's also based on something else, but either way, there's a chance the game will be great in terms of gameplay but the story and setting could be absolutely abysmal.

i'm very optimistic and very very hyped about an actual cyberpunk game, but the trailer is really bright and looks "happy". it doesn't fit the moody, mysterious tone the initial teaser set forever ago. that one led us to believe the game is more focused around augfreaks going nuts because of whatever - which, while cliché, remains an alright main story piece. now, i'm not so sure what the story is about anymore.

i want to trust cdpr and i'll gladly eat a broom if they deliver something good, but do keep in mind that even The Good Ones can slip up and go down the gutter
Yeah that's fair, I didn't know witcher was a book series so now I'm a bit cautious toward 2077, but I still have hope these guys can at least set q good foundation if anything.

Emelianenko

Legend
Feb 16, 2016

Heya.

Cyberpunk 2020 is a tabletop system like AlbinoGlowStick above me says, so CD Projekt is definitely working with an established setting. Not only that, they are working with the man who created Cyberpunk 2020 himself. CP2020 takes on cyberpunk a little differently. People expect this whole black trenchcoat sort of deal where it's all dark and grimy, but there's another side. The punk side of Cyberpunk. The pink mohawk side that stems more from its 80s roots where its vibrant and flamboyant. That's what CD Projekt came out and said they wanted to do rather than just do the cyber, so the trailer being bright and happy is them actually going through with it rather than trying to solely replicate Bladerunner like so so so so so many other games fucking do.

I've played CP2020 and it's very punk. You got classes like Rocker, and it's exactly what it sounds like. CD Projekt is on the right track, and though Gibson wrote Neuromancer, he has a long history of not only being wish washy but just being in general a contrarian. He's shat on Bladerunner before only to love it after, so maybe it'll happen again with this game? Time will tell.

Also, slightly irrelevant tid bit and info, Night City isn't named Night City because it's how campy 80s cyberpunk worked or because it's supposed to be night time. Night was a guy who created the city, and like the twitter posts say, it feels like California. That's because Night City is in California, so that's kinda to be expected rather than be looked at as a detractor as I've seen people do.

nec

lemondog
Apr 24, 2013
I'm hyped over a game made by quality people, not asshats. Have you seen witcher 3? It's literally amazing.

CD projekt red is one of the most quality focused studios in the industry as far as I know. They're not going to fuck us like Todd 'skyrim: roomba edition' Howard.
Sounds like you're hyped bro, stop feeding these evil corporations.

Kinsman

Zealot
May 21, 2013
Honestly rewatching the trailer even the short scenes of the underworld (arguably the largest part of the cyberpunk genre) seem a bit too bright. I want bladrerunner esque underlying smoke and copious amounts of rain.

Still excited tho

e: just realized all this was said and explained above rate me box

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)