CYBERPUNK 2077 TRAILER

Discussion in 'Media Section' started by Cortez, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Benji Dooble

Benji Dooble Diamond in the rough

United States
    shut up mouth breather

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. nec

nec lemondog
    Contributor

Australia
    [​IMG]

• Zing x 4
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    • ...what? x 1
  3. Scouser

Scouser Senior Member

United Kingdom
    as someone with no real previous interest in cyberpunk and no preconceived notions of how the setting should be i thought the setting looked fine. bear in mind that it is a trailer and so theyre more liable to show 'woah look at this explosion' 'wow that guns cool' 'vroom vroom i love cars lol' because thats where the mass appeal is.

also 'well witcher has books behind it' is true but the books and games are quite a bit different in many ways so you still have to give a lot of credit to cdpr

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Benji Dooble

United States
    I made a point that CD projekt red promotes quality over quantity compared to the oversaturated market that other companies have been dropping gamea like flies into.

I don't know why that's ao hard to understand lol.

I'm not sitting here saying "Hur dur commimism" I'm just not trying to be so optimistic when it comes to Big Vidya and their status quo. If that's so hard to understand you're part of the problem.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. nec

nec lemondog
    Contributor

Australia
    You're trying to not be optimistic, but you're extending your optimism to a game that's purely been fed hype off a teaser trailer from 2013. Bungie made Halo but Destiny's garbage, a falloff in quality can happen with any studio once money's placed on the table.

All of us are excited about Cyberpunk, but let people be hyped for games that they'll more than likely enjoy.

6. Rabid

Rabid Legend

[​IMG]

M'RESIDENT EVIL

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Benji Dooble

United States
    That's not the best comparison considering how much more witcher has compared to halo and the differences in the studios themselves. Halo and witcher are both very different games considering one is an fps and the other is an rpg. I'd wager that a studio more experienced with larger, more detailed worlds would have an easier time and a better time with such a game compared to bungue who makes smaller, more multiplayer centered fps'. Destiny wasn't a good choice for them and, as I've said companies do, rushed the deadline and chopped the story, which was one of the reasons the game failed.

CD projekt red has already said a lot of things that, if they follow through on which I have no doubt they will, can create a strong foundation for them to easily build off of and, considering how long they've had the 2077 project going, probably has already been done. So before you tell me I'm being a hypocrite, think of the insurance policy this game has with it's renowned developers alone. And don't compare them to the people who decided to make a second destiny game. That's just not fair.

8. Benji Dooble

United States
    that thing is terrifying

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Puffin

Paroxysm Admin

United States
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just a joke, but I can't imagine the amount of money going into this game. CDPR Made quite a bit off Witcher, Gwent and they own GoG. That on top of being their own publisher means Cyberpunk is probably going to be one of those games to become one of the highest cost-to-make games ever made. I feel like while CDPR is a great company, the get so much more freedom than most other developers

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Doggo

Doggo Legend

Canada
    it looks cool and they have a rep, unless you reckon yourself a professional analyst i think we should all give them the benefit of the doubt and have some optimism

being cynical with video game releases is pointless when you consider you have the choice of waiting to buy it....

11. nec

nec lemondog
    Contributor

Australia
    Bungie was an example, though it's happened to countless studios. I love CDPR but every studio needs to make a profit somehow, and in today's landscape where games are becoming increasingly more expensive to develop, it makes sense for them to want to make bank on this game given the massive potential it's already showing off hype alone. As Scott said, they're pouring a fuck ton of resources into the game (pretty sure I read somewhere it got scrapped back to concept art once or twice) and that's obviously money they wanna make back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Stupid Snake

Stupid Snake Zealot

United States
    only tnb could turn e3 into an argument over systems of government

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Smiffy Bagels

Smiffy Bagels cisphobic

United States
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. kingryan

kingryan Legend

United States
  15. Doggo

Doggo Legend

Canada
    dont forget that ACTIVISION was a major part of Destiny.....

dont blame it all on Bungie, they're the creative brains behind Destiny

16. not-so-solid snake

dunno what part of this the wojak shitpost pissing match came from but I have a feeling if anyone's gonna do this right it'd probably be cdpr

though I generally prefer the shadowrun universe in terms of this genre I feel like a more grounded setting along the lines of 2020 could be fun for a change, and I know for a fact cdpr can handle cyberpunk themes because the witcher handles a bundle of similar issues in its writing, so I feel like it's in good hands

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. _Nirri™

Paroxysm Admin

Belgium
    From an interview today by a Dev.

Game is FPP RPG with TPP cutscenes
    FP perspective made to feel more personal
    **RPG with Shooter Elements not a Shooter with RPG elements**
    Multiple different progression systems (Skills, Perks, etc.)
    V, protagonist - urban merc/hired gun.
    **Full character creation system (Gender, Looks, Lifepath/Backstory)
    You DO NOT pick classes in the beginning, class system is fluid based on choices**
    Dystopian Cyberpunk future shown in sunlight on purpose. Full Day/Night Cycle. Noir themes bleed through environment and aesthetic
    Characters from Cyberpunk 2020 lore will appear
    Netrunner, Techie and Solo are main focused classes
    You can combine classes
    Optional classes exist (like Rockerboy and Corporate) and you can pull perks from them to add into your own custom class classes are represented by characters throughout the game (via G4ge)
    Story and quest system from Witcher 3 is implemented into Cyberpunk similarly.
    **Choice and consequence is HUGE. Emphasized that the game is an RPG first and foremost
    Story is personalized by player choice.**
    Combat - Ranged combat and Melee combat. Learned lessons from Witcher 3. FPS Melee combat.
    Weapons - 3 branches - Power Weapons (heavy hitting/stagger), Tech Weapons (penetrating through cover), Smart Weapons (tracking/following)
    Vehicles - Motorcycles, Cars, hinted at flying cars.
    **V is a fully voiced character. Both Male and Female completely voiced.**
    **V's personality is shaped by player. Backstory and interactions shape V's personality.**
    Cyberpunk is a dark dystopia in the same vein as Witcher 3 being Dark Fantasy
    Details of the world - everything has a purpose. World design was a huge focus in setting the tone.
    Night City - in between SF and LA (fictional city). Inspired by both cities.
    6 unique districts in the city. Each area has its own feel on top of the base Noir feel
    Exploration is encouraged.
    **Witcher was horizontally huge, Cyberpunk is vertically huge.**
    You can enter buildings, Mega Buildings exist as well with multiple floors and multiple areas to explore within a single building.
    **No level scaling. 2 forms of XP - Core XP - Main Missions and Street Cred - Side missions**
    Higher Street Cred opens new exclusive vendors and fixers (new jobs)

From a closed doors demo.
    https://twitter.com/Andrew_Reiner/status/1006613299553656837

"Cyberpunk 2077 is like Rockstar levels of open-world craziness. Beautiful, detailed, choice everywhere. Gunplay is wicked. Can run on walls, plant into them with blades, drop onto foes, slice their heads off. Slow time, use mods to control bots. Wow. Wow. Wow."

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Zing Zing x 1
    #57 _Nirri™, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  18. AtlasTheSpacePirate

AtlasTheSpacePirate Senior Member

United States
    Netrunner is one of the three main focused classes, Smart Weapons are a thing and Fixers exist.

Jesus Christ, this breathes Shadowrun and I love it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. nec

nec lemondog
    Contributor

Australia
    Today I learned there's people sperging out and wanting to boycott the game since the trailer has sunlight in it, since in our year of 2077 it's supposed to be locked to nighttime with 24/7 rainfall. Very nice.

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. dougal

dougal low effort

United States
    they're probably mad because they haven't seen the sun in 4 years and want the in game experience to mimic that

• Funny Funny x 3
  21. The Red Menace

The Red Menace Silent Hill Extraordinaire
    Contributor

United States
    Tards will be tards

22. Raklo

Raklo Legend

United States
    give retards lemons and they'll make peach tea

23. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    Oh 7dast quotes how i love thee

24. Kieck

Kieck poland can into space

Poland
    to anyone who hates the fact there is sun in a cyberpunk setting - go outside
    seriously

25. Kieck

Kieck poland can into space

Poland
    also kingryan fuck outta here with your ukrainian commie shit

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. The Red Menace

The Red Menace Silent Hill Extraordinaire
    Contributor

United States
    What is this "outside" you speak of?

27. Nat Attack